Unhappy Lumia 950 Camper

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Colors are washed out because you have not chosen Vivid Colors in extras, Photos app does have a way to set Favourites and display them on the live tile. Mail seems ok to me. The People app's new design is indeed dumb and worse than before. The rest of your comments are indeed rightful.Windows 10 on mobile is poorly designed, has many bugs, and is far from finished. I also own a 950 and while the phone is ok, the OS is a total disapp. Indoor photos are a nightmare to take, you need to adjust manually stuff to get a decent picture. Too bad that on the 950 I cannot flash a 8.1 image. I might sell it and get a 930 or 1520 and stay on 8.1 for at least 6 months to come.

jeetu4444

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I donno wat u guys crying about...i agree windows 10 mobile has bugs...but it's superior to 8.1 i don't think i can use 8.1after using windows mobile 10....happy using Lumia 950 since 3 weeks...good battery like good camera...very very fast compared to my Lumia 1020 and lg g4...

cracgor

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
So in the first time you did not set it as a clean phone? You restored from an older backup from another Lumia model?
If this is the case why do you even wonder that you've had problems?? DON'T RESTORE from an OLDER DIFFERENT model!!! Is it so hard to understand?? Is that so hard to set it as NEW and be done with it? Sorry for the CAPS but more and more complain of issues after restoring from a backup that is not even from the same phone model.

Calm down. Microsoft offers this option right at the start of setting up the phone. Not everyone who buys the phone on day one does this. I have never done this with any phone I have ever owned, and the only one that was unuseable was the 950xl. It may not work to restore from an older phone, but again Microsoft offers this to show how easy it is to upgrade. Nice feature, but an example of how it is not ready for users.

Edit: Also, I had all of these problems without doing the system restore just because I wanted to do everything fresh. I was so excited to get that phone.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I donno wat u guys crying about...i agree windows 10 mobile has bugs..

Sigh, Keep trying to justify this.

Gee wiz, I want to go to AT&T tomorrow and spend $600 or $650 on a really nice phone with a really buggy OS on it. I don't care who you are and how well Windows 10 Mobile works for you, if you could honestly sit there and say you have had NONE of the issues claimed in this thread ? I don't think so.

Restoring or starting fresh, Windows 10 Mobile has a lot of bugs and No one should have to spend $600+ on a phone to be a BETA TESTER...

No matter how nice the hardware is, they should of shipped it with 8.1...a SOLID WP os....or at least give an option to go to 8.1

Josh Harman

Banned
Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Sigh, Keep trying to justify this.

Gee wiz, I want to go to AT&T tomorrow and spend $600 or $650 on a really nice phone with a really buggy OS on it. I don't care who you are and how well Windows 10 Mobile works for you, if you could honestly sit there and say you have had NONE of the issues claimed in this thread ? I don't think so.

Restoring or starting fresh, Windows 10 Mobile has a lot of bugs and No one should have to spend $600+ on a phone to be a BETA TESTER...

No matter how nice the hardware is, they should of shipped it with 8.1...a SOLID WP os....or at least give an option to go to 8.1

Call us liars if you want, but it doesn't make it true to anyone but you.

My AT&T 950, bought on day one and setup with restored backup runs great. My only issue is with the camera not focusing automatically in low light, but works fi e manually - I believe this is an app issue, maybe firmware, not a big deal (unless its not fixed).

No reboots, freezes or whatever.

Mr_Daihatsu

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
You can use a backup as I do it from my "old" Lumia 535 with Win 8.1 to my Lumia 950, works perfect in my case.

But back to the case of the threadopener, if your Lumia is ALWAYS warm, then something is really going wrong, this really should*nt happen! In that case you can test it with a clean install, but in my opinion there is a hardware issue on your mobile.

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
You can use a backup as I do it from my "old" Lumia 535 with Win 8.1 to my Lumia 950, works perfect in my case.

But back to the case of the threadopener, if your Lumia is ALWAYS warm, then something is really going wrong, this really should*nt happen! In that case you can test it with a clean install, but in my opinion there is a hardware issue on your mobile.

Point! If MS would have properly tested the devices BEFORE launching them to the market maybe we would have had fewer issues..as always said, MS and Quality Control are two opposite things not known one to each other.

cracgor

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Call us liars if you want, but it doesn't make it true to anyone but you.

THANK YOU! My feeling is no one is lying. I think there may be more instability in the 950XL than the 950, but I don't really know. I know that I couldn't use my 950XL because of constant reboots and battery drain, and I don't understand why I would be so unlucky with a brand new phone. But if some have no issues...that's just life.

Same way when people tell me how full of bugs Android is and slow and bad with battery and whatever. I have none of those issues...so it is a superior device in my hands and experience. I'm just glad to try new things and see what is really better, though I still have an ounce of anti-apple sentiment in my blood.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb