Your phone's settings or the SIM card have changed

MirthRock

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
I don't know if the 950XL supports this feature. I have an AT&T branded 950. When my phone got the prompt that the SIM Settings had changed, I noticed that I had lost HD voice. I noticed this when my son called me (he's on AT&T with an IPhone 6s) and I could tell that the HD calling was not on as HD versus normal calling is a very distinct difference. So, I checked the settings and noticed that it was gone from my phone. I got to thinking about what had changed since this feature had been working and remembered that I had gotten that message about SIM settings. So, I removed the SIM, rebooted the phone, powered down and reinserted the SIM to see if that would force the settings to update. It did, and the setting reappeared and HD calling is working again. I've not had this problem since. Hope this helps.

Thanks!!! I can confirm that this worked on my AT&T 950. The steps I took were slightly different, although not much. I shut the phone off, pulled out the SIM, and turned the phone back on letting it boot all the way. Then I shut it off again. Re-inserted the SIM and turned it back on. I went to the SIM Settings and I was immediately prompted with the message "Restart Required. Your Phone's settings or the SIM card have changed. Restart your phone to complete the installation." At this time, the HD Voice setting was still not there. However, after rebooting again as the message suggested, I checked the SIM Settings and the option was available (and also enabled automatically). Thanks so much for your help VineRider.

As a side note - I really like this phone but damn is it buggy. I hope Microsoft really nails down some of the stability issues.

VineRider

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
You're welcome! Now that I think back on it, I actually think I had to reboot that one extra time as you point out, so I think our experience was the same.

BaritoneGuy

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I don't have this as a setting on my DS 950 on Bell in Canada, however I can confirm that if both handsets support it I do get HD voice calls. I was even able to use it with my sister who is on Telus which is another carrier. I supsect that this is possible as both Bell and Telus share the same infrastructure for LTE.

MirthRock

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Just a follow up - I haven't seen the message re-appear about the SIM settings changing :) And I successfully made an HD voice call. w00t!

Tempest790

Oct 3, 2004
Visit site
I was wondering what happened to my HD Voice. My wife and I both have 950's, and it stopped working awhile ago.

Followed your directions, and it's back on.

Thanks!

rickms80

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I lost Enhanced 4G LTE Services and HD Voice. I did the prescribed method of shutting down, remove sim, boot up then shut down, reinsert sim, reboot. Still hasn't returned.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

DLong4

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Yes, Settings>System>Phone - Scroll down to Cellular & SIM and select this - on the next screen select SIM settings and then scroll down to Enhanced 4G LTE Services. You should see a slider to turn this on or off. If you do not see the slider or the Enhanced 4G LTE Services, then your SIM settings are causing this.

On my AT&T 950, I don't see any mention of Enhanced 4G LTE Services within the SIM Settings screen.

It only lists:
  • SIM Info
  • Cellular Network
  • Mobile Operator Settings
  • Internet APN
  • MMS APN
  • Security

Update: I followed the instructions on removing the SIM, etc., and now the Enhanced 4G LTE Services has returned. Thanks! (I also re-learned how to correctly remove the SIM card, by pushing it in to extract it out!)

Last edited:

MirthRock

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
I lost Enhanced 4G LTE Services and HD Voice. I did the prescribed method of shutting down, remove sim, boot up then shut down, reinsert sim, reboot. Still hasn't returned.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

I know this sounds stupid...but try it again. It didn't work for me the first time I did it either.

Edit: I haven't had the SIM Settings error message in a while and HD voice has been consistent.

rickms80

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I know this sounds stupid...but try it again. It didn't work for me the first time I did it either.

Edit: I haven't had the SIM Settings error message in a while and HD voice has been consistent.

I woke to sim settings have changed message this morning. Phone rebooted and HD Voice returned.

David Saber

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
Hello, since this morning I have plenty of these messages. They appear after I unlock my phone. Any way to fix this?
I have a 950 on SFR.
edit: I opened the phone, removed the battery, both cards, started again and now it seems to be fixed. I'm just wondering what caused the problem?

Last edited:

Stephen570

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
This happened to a friend with an AT&T Lumia 950 (and it just happened to me today :eck:). She got a new SIM from AT&T and hasn't had it happen again.

Both her phone and mine were using SIMs that had come from our previous phones. It really shouldn't matter, but I'm heading over to AT&T today to ask for a new SIM. Can't hurt.

MirthRock

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
This happened to a friend with an AT&T Lumia 950 (and it just happened to me today :eck:). She got a new SIM from AT&T and hasn't had it happen again.

Both her phone and mine were using SIMs that had come from our previous phones. It really shouldn't matter, but I'm heading over to AT&T today to ask for a new SIM. Can't hurt.

My SIM is brand new and it still happens...

gahbmwm5

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Thanks!!! I can confirm that this worked on my AT&T 950. The steps I took were slightly different, although not much. I shut the phone off, pulled out the SIM, and turned the phone back on letting it boot all the way. Then I shut it off again. Re-inserted the SIM and turned it back on. I went to the SIM Settings and I was immediately prompted with the message "Restart Required. Your Phone's settings or the SIM card have changed. Restart your phone to complete the installation." At this time, the HD Voice setting was still not there. However, after rebooting again as the message suggested, I checked the SIM Settings and the option was available (and also enabled automatically). Thanks so much for your help VineRider.

As a side note - I really like this phone but damn is it buggy. I hope Microsoft really nails down some of the stability issues.

Dam, I tried this method, and was not able to get this Enhanced 4G LTE Services setting on my AT&T branded 950...did the procedure twice...then I wondered...lol:

AT&T HD Voice coverage area
View the map of AT&T HD Voice coverage.

And dam it, my geographical region still does not have HD Voice coverage....Reno, NV...dam:(
But thanks for this information...!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~EDIT~~~~~~~~~~~
Hmm after more closely examining the AT&T HD Voice Coverage areas within the US.....Reno, and Carson City are indeed covered....still not getting the Enhanced 4G LTE Services settings:

It only lists:

• SIM Info
  • Cellular Network
  • Mobile Operator Settings
  • Internet APN
  • MMS APN
Have removed the SIM two times, rebooted, prompted to restart....no success...:(

Last edited:

gahbmwm5

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Finally as I was going to a AT&T Corp store for a new SIM...even though I was on 10586.107 via Preview Release Ring...no matter what/how many times I performed the above trick...no success..so utilized MSRT, and flash, then upgraded to recently released 10586.107 from AT& T servers...complete install...

Success!

wp_ss_20160227_0002.jpg

Definitely a bug...now AT&T... the more recent firmware upgrades...please!

Attachments

• wp_ss_20160227_0001.jpg
    wp_ss_20160227_0001.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 5

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750