Your phone's settings or the SIM card have changed

MirthRock

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
I'm randomly getting this message in a grey box in the middle of the screen on my AT&T 950: "Restart Required. Your Phone's settings or the SIM card have changed. Restart your phone to complete the installation." Then there are two buttons - "Restart" and "Later". Its not consistent, but I just rebooted as it said, launched the phone app and it appeared again. It doesn't seem to be affecting any functionality though. It appears to have started once I installed the SD card. In fact, I'd argue that a lot of the glitches on my 950 started after I installed the SD card. Anybody else seen this error?

Last edited:

seventeenapg

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I have had it several times in the last few weeks. I am running .36 so I dint know. One thing I would also mention is that I cannot access the internet via my sim card when I am roaming. I am fired back to my carriers site stating that I have to switch off tethering. It was never on

MirthRock

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Interesting. I wonder if it a .36 thing. I think I upgraded to that right around the time I put in the SD card. I guess we'll know with the next update.

i_hiker

Nov 23, 2015
Visit site
I'm still on .29 and started receiving this message this morning. Last night I finally got the Calendar/Outlook update. Message popped up 3 times and I did the reset each time. Hasn't come back up for a few hours now...

SuperJMN

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm getting this since I flashed the newest firmware!! It pops up every 5 minutes or so. Really annoying, since I haven't changed anything. Mine is an unlocked Lumia 950 XL purchased in the Spanish MS Store.

anon(1307783)

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm getting this error as well. I've seen it a few times before today, but now it is becoming far more frequent. Very annoying if you ask me!! I hope Microsoft releases a fix soon.

VineRider

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I got this notice once. After the phone rebooted, I noticed that enhanced LTE was no longer available via the SIM settings (HD Voice over LTE). I powered down the phone, took out the SIM, and started the phone with no SIM. I then powered down the phone, put the SIM back in, and got another message stating that my SIM settings had changed (which I expected to get). Rebooted the phone and HD Voice over LTE was back. I've not had another issue with this and it has been several weeks now since taking this action.

MirthRock

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
I got this notice once. After the phone rebooted, I noticed that enhanced LTE was no longer available via the SIM settings (HD Voice over LTE). I powered down the phone, took out the SIM, and started the phone with no SIM. I then powered down the phone, put the SIM back in, and got another message stating that my SIM settings had changed (which I expected to get). Rebooted the phone and HD Voice over LTE was back. I've not had another issue with this and it has been several weeks now since taking this action.

Do the AT&T 950s support HD voice over LTE? If so, how do I check if its enabled or not?

VineRider

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Yes, Settings>System>Phone - Scroll down to Cellular & SIM and select this - on the next screen select SIM settings and then scroll down to Enhanced 4G LTE Services. You should see a slider to turn this on or off. If you do not see the slider or the Enhanced 4G LTE Services, then your SIM settings are causing this.

Last edited:

SuperJMN

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
It didn't work for me. Booted up without SIM. Turned off, put the SIM again, turned on and after that, the message keeps popping up. By the way, I don't have the HD Voice over LTE settings you mention, but I have to say I have never seen them in my Lumia 950 XL.

MirthRock

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Yes, Settings>System>Phone - Scroll down to Cellular & SIM and select this - on the next screen select SIM settings and then scroll down to Enhanced 4G LTE Services. You should see a slider to turn this on or off. If you do not see the slider or the Enhanced 4G LTE Services, then your SIM settings are causing this.

Thanks for this info. Sadly, I don't see that setting under SIM settings. What do you mean by my SIM settings are causing this? Is there a setting I can change to get this option to appear?

VineRider

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if the 950XL supports this feature. I have an AT&T branded 950. When my phone got the prompt that the SIM Settings had changed, I noticed that I had lost HD voice. I noticed this when my son called me (he's on AT&T with an IPhone 6s) and I could tell that the HD calling was not on as HD versus normal calling is a very distinct difference. So, I checked the settings and noticed that it was gone from my phone. I got to thinking about what had changed since this feature had been working and remembered that I had gotten that message about SIM settings. So, I removed the SIM, rebooted the phone, powered down and reinserted the SIM to see if that would force the settings to update. It did, and the setting reappeared and HD calling is working again. I've not had this problem since. Hope this helps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte