Instant messaging app (Whatsapp, Viber, Wechat, etc.) keeps showing deleted image

Angelo1984

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
few days ago I transfered some photo albums from my computer to my phone and then I deleted them using my pc. Now the photos are no longer present in file explorer , but when I want to attach a photo or a video from an app like WhatsApp or Viber it keeps on showing previews of deleted albums. I can see those photos but when I try to select tem a message pops up "Impossible to open photo. It could be lost or damaged".

Is it possible to remove the thumbnails preview of deleted photos?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
few days ago I transfered some photo albums from my computer to my phone and then I deleted them using my pc. Now the photos are no longer present in file explorer , but when I want to attach a photo or a video from an app like WhatsApp or Viber it keeps on showing previews of deleted albums. I can see those photos but when I try to select tem a message pops up "Impossible to open photo. It could be lost or damaged".

Is it possible to remove the thumbnails preview of deleted photos?

I can think of one way to do it but it would be a round about way

Go to the whatsapp, backup everything. Then uninstall and reinstall. That might reset the issue. But only do this if you are sure

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Did you already try to delete "temporary files" in Storage?
Or in OneDrive tap the 3 dots ... And "Refresh"

Miroslav68

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
Anybody solve this? In my case is:

Photos that i deleted from Phone Explorer and cant see them there i can attach trough Viber with no any warning, its normal picture no thumbnail. I try delete cache memory with CCleaner Pro etc.

Pictures is still there!

Thx

srini Vas2

Apr 13, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

In your Windows mobile, there will be a tile "Files".
Go to "files" tile -> Phone memory/ SD Card -> Pictures-> You will be able to see the "deleted" images here, which you are able to see in whatsapp or Viber but not in Photos tile.

Regards,
Srini

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos