01-31-2016 05:24 AM
82 1234
tools
    is anyone of you 950 users experiencing build issues? especially around the rear camera assembly?

If you tap around the camera , you would hear a clickety sound.

I had taken it to MS service center who opened the device and informed that its due to camera assembly hitting the panel behind. They have not given any padding. Service center guys , gave the phone back without adding any padding.

I opened a service request with MS support who said that they can pick up the phone for me and get it repaired. But will do so only if i get a replacement device.
    01-05-2016 08:01 AM
    Really happy with my phone. Other than the shorter-than-my-1520 battery, experience so far is great. With the upcoming updates, I am positive the experience will be better. I was hesitant after reading all the negative posts but I haven't experienced the most dire ones. So those on the fence, this is the phone you are waiting for.
    01-05-2016 08:27 AM
    I really enjoyed reading this KrisYYC. I have to say I'm jealous my experience has not been as smooth as yours. When I first got mine and set it up and was working well then I started having major battery issues. The battery would drain so fast that if I wasn't using a rapid charger and just had it plugged into my PC the battery would still drain even while charging. That and the phone would frequently crash and restart on its own. It got to the point I was ready to sell it and get something else. However I am happy to report that my experience is improving! After the last update the battery things is completely gone and while it has restarted a few times since then its not as frequent. I mean hey I still have some issues with the device but it is getting better and I can see the app gap starting to close. I too do not use a lot of apps and I steer clear of all the popular ones like snap chat anyway because I think they are just a time suck. Anyway thanks for the good read.
    01-05-2016 09:06 AM
    is anyone of you 950 users experiencing build issues? especially around the rear camera assembly?

If you tap around the camera , you would hear a clickety sound.

I had taken it to MS service center who opened the device and informed that its due to camera assembly hitting the panel behind. They have not given any padding. Service center guys , gave the phone back without adding any padding.

I opened a service request with MS support who said that they can pick up the phone for me and get it repaired. But will do so only if i get a replacement device.
    I haven't had this issue, but its not uncommon on OIS camera to be able to hear some play in the camera module if you tap the phone. Obviously not like broken pieces rattling around, but the camera does float inside the unit.
    01-05-2016 09:08 AM
    I love my Lumia 950 the latest software update has improved it greatly!. .36 is the version on now.
    The one item I received ,AND HIGHLY recommend is the MOZO replacement back cover. IT has the built in QI charging circuit like the original case. BUT with the metal sides and leather backing .. It makes the phone feel and look more high end.. like it should. Microsoft should of put these on the phones from the beginning. One added bonus, I have confirmed , is that the QI charging seems to be more efficient for some reason. It is about 50 % cooler while charging with this back.
    aximtreo and johnsuni like this.
    01-05-2016 09:13 AM
    My 2-cents-

When I first got the phone [have two one for me and one for wife]...we experienced random reboots, horrible battery life. I reset both phone and went straight to .29 from .0. Used the phone recovery tool on my desktop PC.

Ever since then everything is greatly improved.

We get complimented on the photos from just about everyone who sees them.

At times there are some BT bugs with my 4runner but I never had another phone to compare. Basically I occasionally lose BT audio streaming and the only way to fix it is to reboot the phone.

Other than that battery easily last a full day- corporate use --no I do not play games on it all day.

As far as design etc....if I never read an article about the design of a phone and what it "should be" I would think the design is great....I mean it is a ---- ... phone. Screen is great, buttons work, size is nice, it is light, and I like white :)

I previously had an 822 for about 3 years. Dropped it all the time, had a beer poured on it...and basically went through some hard times....it never failed me. I hope I get the same out of the 950.

As far as apps go---yes there is a gap but I do notice more and more becoming avail. Hopefully last year was the low point. I am not someone to bank on a portable device that can be lost. For me the phone needs to make calls, receive calls, text, email, and take pics. Everything else is a bonus.

Call quality- anyone call another 950 with their 950 over a good signal. Call quality is absolutely amazing. It is like being on a land line. 2 people can speak without the other dropping out....

So here is +1 to the 950.
    anon9776305, palmujukka and b23h like this.
    01-05-2016 11:13 AM
    I have been using my 950 since Christmas, I really like it. Although I've seen some people talking about issues they've had, and I've seen others talking about issues they've heard about, I haven't experienced any. Windows 10 isn't perfect, I'll admit, and there are some drawbacks from 8.1, but overall it's improved. The phone is great, good battery life, fast charging, great camera (of course), perfect display, and I love the Windows 10 OS. Even if the hardware itself weren't among the best, just the fact that it has Windows is a good advantage. Overall, 9/10 for the phone.
    William Sanderson and editguy like this.
    01-05-2016 11:21 AM
    I haven't had this issue, but its not uncommon on OIS camera to be able to hear some play in the camera module if you tap the phone. Obviously not like broken pieces rattling around, but the camera does float inside the unit.
    Ah , so thats OIS. Its more of like an OCD for me. I dont know if that noise was there on day 1 , but now that ive noticed it I keep on tapping every now and then.

But somehow noise has increased after service center team opened it to check the issue. Another problem there are not many Lumia 950s around with whom I can compare.

Thanks for the OIS tip :)
    pallentx likes this.
    01-05-2016 11:22 AM
    I have been using my 950 since Christmas, I really like it. Although I've seen some people talking about issues they've had, and I've seen others talking about issues they've heard about, I haven't experienced any. Windows 10 isn't perfect, I'll admit, and there are some drawbacks from 8.1, but overall it's improved. The phone is great, good battery life, fast charging, great camera (of course), perfect display, and I love the Windows 10 OS. Even if the hardware itself weren't among the best, just the fact that it has Windows is a good advantage. Overall, 9/10 for the phone.
    Jeddic i haven't upgraded yet, but what would you say are the drawbacks from 8.1? enough positives to outweigh it?
    01-05-2016 11:51 AM
    Just link all your email accounts together, then all your emails will show up in one inbox.
    Yeah, but you have to link all your accounts via your Outlook webmail account.
    That's very annoying.
    It should just be a combined Inbox using the Mail app. It shouldn't be that hard, nearly every other device does this.
    01-05-2016 01:59 PM
    Love my 950.
    Camera way better than my iPhone 6s in both resolution and low light.
    Same battery life 2.5 days with light use.
    Screen ppi is insane.
    I am not so keen on Windows hello, prefer fingerprint reader.
    I love Apple Pay.
    If the 950 had a fingerprint reader and NFC payments I would sell my iPhone
    01-05-2016 04:22 PM
    I live in edmonton and it works just as well as yours. I had a minor issue with the wifi but it seems to be fixed. So kudos
    01-05-2016 05:12 PM
    I was an android user for 12 years.
    Split personalities? Android has only been out since 2008, so not sure how you get 12 years unless you are leading a double life. :)
    b23h likes this.
    01-05-2016 05:41 PM
    Yeah, but you have to link all your accounts via your Outlook webmail account.
    That's very annoying.
    It should just be a combined Inbox using the Mail app. It shouldn't be that hard, nearly every other device does this.
    No, you can do it in the app on the phone.
    01-05-2016 08:13 PM
    My Windows phones just keep getting better. Came from Android to a Focus, to a 920 and now the 950. Better battery life, camera, phone quality and features. The only thing I miss about my 920 is its shiny red color.
    b23h likes this.
    01-06-2016 02:00 AM
    you have the camera delay because you have living image and rich capture on. if you put especially the rich capture off the preview time is fast
    01-06-2016 02:49 AM
    Well I can answer that, 4k video is broken and it takes longer than an old polaroid camera to process pics its embarrassingly slow. And before anyone tells me to turn this and that off, please don't. No other OS takes this long to process pictures. And on my iPhone, it takes pictures just as good and really fast.
    01-06-2016 10:39 AM
    That's garbage, rich capture is basically MS hdr and iOS and Android dont have this laggggg with hdr on.
    01-06-2016 10:41 AM
    Camera is not way better, I have both and the iPhone has way better focus, no herky jerky focusing, 4k video works better and picture quality is basically the same. Oh and iPhone camera is way way way faster.
    01-06-2016 10:43 AM
    4k video is working fine here.

There's no lag in taking pics, and the only delay is when trying to edit a photo immediately after taking it... and all the settings/features are turned on at their highest setting
    editguy likes this.
    01-06-2016 10:58 AM
    Oh and iPhone camera is way way way faster.
    Sure it is. The iPhone takes the pic before you even get the phone out of your pocket. It's magical. /s
    01-06-2016 03:53 PM
    Jeddic i haven't upgraded yet, but what would you say are the drawbacks from 8.1? enough positives to outweigh it?
    I used 8.1 on a BLU, a Lumia 635 and a Lumia 640. About 3 months or so ago I started using 10 preview full time, it was missing some things, but it has been better than 8.1 since then. I can't think of everything that 10 doesn't have yet, but I remember I used to be able to set a default navigation app, now I think it's just maps by default. There are some other things that 8.1 handled well that 10 doesn't do yet, but overall it is improved. It's worth the upgrade, imho.
    theboyknowsclass likes this.
    01-06-2016 05:58 PM
    Camera is not way better, I have both and the iPhone has way better focus, no herky jerky focusing, 4k video works better and picture quality is basically the same. Oh and iPhone camera is way way way faster.
    Does the iPhone camera let you slide from no flash to flash in post, to get the perfect lighting? The iPhone has decent processing, and filters. It's not a camera that can compare to the 950, overall.
    01-06-2016 06:02 PM
    Hahahaha u can't even compare Lumia 950 camera with iPhone 6 ....lumia 950 is the best right now....
    01-07-2016 07:26 AM
    Oh and iPhone camera is way way way faster.
    In side by side use, I've seen the iPhone camera app launch about a second faster - maybe. The iPhone, in some situations can focus faster as well. As far as shooting back to back photos, the 950 can shoot as fast as you can click - I don't know how the iPhone could be faster than that - probably about the same.
    The 950 camera is very fast. The only delay you will see, as others have mentioned, is after you shoot a rich capture, it will take 2-4 seconds before its ready to be edited. Rich capture is not just HDR - its what allows the flash adjustment after the shot. It also will capture living images if the subject is moving in your shot.
    01-07-2016 02:31 PM
82 1234