Very Happy With my Lumia 950

Josh Harman

Banned
Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Can u confirm this will eliminate the lag? just click and then take the next photo immediately. May be I didn't explore this last time.

I don't know if anything's changed, but yeah, you can keep snapping photos back to back even with rich capture. You just can't edit them immediately.

farhanmohd

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Also had my L950 for just over a month now and other than a few restarts,this phone performs very well.. Coming from a Nokia Lumia 925 I am finding Win10 on the 950 to be much more enjoyable than 8.1.
I drive for a living and find the gps to be excellent.
The camera is the best I have ever used also.Great in low light like the 925.
I tried Android, it was ok, but I find I much more enjoy the windows experience having had Nokia phones since 2000.
Excellent phone my 950 is proving to be.
Thank the Lord.

The kind of photo quality comes with my Lumia 1020, no Android flagship can deliver the same performance and satisfy my "high quality mobile jpegs hunger".

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Aurelink

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Nice to read some "Yay" comments / reviews about the phone.

I'm loving mine too, just missing the double-tap to wake.

Zeem Frostmaw

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Likewise! The phone does everything I wanted and expected it to do - play high quality games, take extremely high quality photos and video, and make everything look gorgeous on a QHD display. Of course, being Windows 10 Mobile it has all the great UI and features we know very well on top of that, which only run faster on the new processor and high RAM. =)

patcherd

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
So far a good tool that works as it should for what I mainly use it for. Just text,talk and navigation. Probably more phone than I would need or use, but it's nice to get a full featured phone especially when I got a good deal for it on a trade in.

JSW2624

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Well, there you have it. My experience after one month with the Lumia 950. I have to say I'm very pleased with the device and as a Windows phone fan it's the perfect device for me. It has everything that I want: Great camera, Windows mobile, Great audio quality, removable back with microSD slot etc. This phone really hit it out of the park for me personally. I just hope Windows mobile grows and improves as an ecosystem.

Hopefully others who've had positive experiences will chime in this thread :)

Regards,

KrisYYC

Hello from UIN. Just wanted to chime in and say my experience mirrors yours. I had the 1020 for 2+ years and this 950 blows it away in EVERY aspect. I did do a full restore from my 1020 and the only issue was at first it limited the tiles to the 1020 layout, but that was a easy fix. As a business traveler this device is just amazing. I am going to try my first trip next week leaving my laptop back at the office. If you are a 1020 user on the fence about the 950, I'd say get the 950 and don't look back!

farhanmohd

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Hello from UIN. Just wanted to chime in and say my experience mirrors yours. I had the 1020 for 2+ years and this 950 blows it away in EVERY aspect. I did do a full restore from my 1020 and the only issue was at first it limited the tiles to the 1020 layout, but that was a easy fix. As a business traveler this device is just amazing. I am going to try my first trip next week leaving my laptop back at the office. If you are a 1020 user on the fence about the 950, I'd say get the 950 and don't look back!

How is flash and non flash (low light) performance on 950 vs. 1020.
Also, share your 950 battery performance.

RuleOfSines

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Can u confirm this will eliminate the lag? just click and then take the next photo immediately. May be I didn't explore this last time.

The only time that should slow the phone down is if you actually stop and look at the captured photo, otherwise you can just click again. But, there is about .5 seconds between pictures. The pictures are big and take a moment to save.

vhl71

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
The only time that should slow the phone down is if you actually stop and look at the captured photo, otherwise you can just click again. But, there is about .5 seconds between pictures. The pictures are big and take a moment to save.
Is there an option to not have the RAW image saved which causes the file size to be too big. I just want a point and shoot camera which has decent picture quality. When i had the 950 for a week, it took a while to save the images - i didn't know i can keep clicking again to take pictures while its still saving. Any option to just save it without the RAW image?

RuleOfSines

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Is there an option to not have the RAW image saved which causes the file size to be too big. I just want a point and shoot camera which has decent picture quality. When i had the 950 for a week, it took a while to save the images - i didn't know i can keep clicking again to take pictures while its still saving. Any option to just save it without the RAW image?

By default it seems it doesn't save RAW, but it will save a large 19MP jpeg. If you change it to save an 8 MP instead it seems to go faster.

Although, mine is suddenly getting stuck on "Saving... " after every 3 pictures or so. I'm still waiting on the latest firmware update though.

JSW2624

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
How is flash and non flash (low light) performance on 950 vs. 1020.
Also, share your 950 battery performance.

As I completely abhor flash I will not be able to comment beyond I wish there was a way (maybe there is) to default flash OFF. Low light is very good. The 950 surpasses my 1020 in every aspect. Battery has been very good, especially when compared to my 1020 as it's battery life was getting to be **** poor.

vvasch

Jan 4, 2016
Visit site
I too am very happy with my Lumia 950. Mostly I'm a light user, and after the .29 update, I end the day with 70% battery. I noticed that the screen consumes a lot of battery; somedays I browse the internet a lot, showing clips using Continuum and those days I can just reach the end of the day. I'm not entirely sure but I have have a feeling the screen of my wife's iPhone 6s is more power efficient.

At this moment, the two things missing for me are printing support for our wireless Canon printer and Cortana in my region.

pallentx

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I have had a very similar experience.
I do have Bluetooth issues with my MS Band and connecting to my Mazda, and I've had maybe 3-4 reboots, but otherwise, the phone has exceeded expectations. Its fast. The screen and camera are amazing. Battery life is ok - definitely not spectacular. Its livable for me, but I would welcome improvements in this regard. If I use my phone a lot, it wont make it until bedtime without a quick boost sometime during the day. I have a wireless charging dock on my desk at work, so I can easily top it off during the day, so its not an issue.

As for flash photos, I like the 950 better than my old 1020. If you are a flash hater, you will love the 950s ability to adjust the amount of flash in your image in post. (and yes, you can disable flash completely). The only thing I miss about the 1020 was just the raw MP, which gives you a bit more zoom capabilities. Otherwise, the 950's camera is better in every way.

KDoubleU

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I got a 950 for Christmas and I love this phone! I haven't had any of the problems some users are reporting. Not one crash or reset battery life has been great. After reading some of the post I decided not to install my apps from a back up but did a clean install, maybe that's the reason? The screen is amazing call quality great. I also got a display dock but haven't tried continuum yet. I'm debating on getting a Mozo but I actually like its understated elegance. I'm fine with the black case. Speaking of cases I have read reports of creaking from the case, I have no creaking issues either. I'm not saying people are having issues but of all the major complaints I have read about I have not experienced any of them. This is hands down the best phone I have ever used, and very happy with it. My father still has 8.1 on his Lumia 930 its funny because 8.1 which I loved seems somewhat outdated to Windows Mobile 10. I miss a few of the design elements from 8.1 but I really like Windows Mobile 10 and direction MS has went with it, and looking forward to how it will evolve in the future

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
Not the only reason. I'm a heavy email user. There is no all mails view which is quite important for me as I've multiple accounts and I want to the able to see all the inboxes in one view. Also the keyboard prediction was quite slow and I was mistyped a lot because of that

I'm hoping these issues are fixed in the recent updates
You can link inboxes. In fact, you've been able to do this for quite a while now.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
Did the latest update fox the camera lag? When I tried lumia 950 when it first came out, it used to take full 2,3 seconds to process the image after I take the picture. This is one of the main reasons I've returned the phone. Has this been fixed?

I played with the Lumia 950 at Best Buy and I took over a dozen pictures one after the other with no issues. And that was a demo phone (always running, always plugged in, rarely updated, never maintained).

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
As I completely abhor flash I will not be able to comment beyond I wish there was a way (maybe there is) to default flash OFF. Low light is very good. The 950 surpasses my 1020 in every aspect. Battery has been very good, especially when compared to my 1020 as it's battery life was getting to be **** poor.
You can turn it off. Open the camera application when your phone is unlocked, and the long bar along the top or side of the camera application displays a bunch of icons and an arrow. The arrow expands to give you a second method to mess with manual controls, and the icon lets you control things like Rich Capture, flash, switching camera (front facing to rear and vice versa) and turn on Slow Mo when taking video. You can toggle between always on, auto, and off with flash (which is the little lightning bolt).

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
I too am very happy with my Lumia 950. Mostly I'm a light user, and after the .29 update, I end the day with 70% battery. I noticed that the screen consumes a lot of battery; somedays I browse the internet a lot, showing clips using Continuum and those days I can just reach the end of the day. I'm not entirely sure but I have have a feeling the screen of my wife's iPhone 6s is more power efficient.

At this moment, the two things missing for me are printing support for our wireless Canon printer and Cortana in my region.
Your wife's iPhone 6s has a much lower resolution screen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss