(UK) Data Transmission Permanently Engaged

rplyons

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Howdy,

Today's new problem with the 950 is the phone constantly sending Data...what or how I don't have a clue, WiFi or Network Connection makes no difference.

Plenty of turning off & back on again, in addition to plenty of Soft Resets doesn't seem to resolve it.

The phone is warm (still fine to handle) and the Battery Consumption is consistent with the phone being in use constantly.

Anyone got any ideas on this one?

csw43

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Hi, after reading this thread I have noticed my UK Lumia 950 doing the same thing. My phone is not warm and the battery life has been better than I was expecting after reading all the experiences of other users but according to the screen icons I have an almost permanent state of outgoing data being sent.
I cant offer any reasons as to why but if I get to the bottom of it I'll let you know

rplyons

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I've checked Data Sense but that doesn't indicate anything & when I check Battery Use, the apps which are showing usage are consistent with how I use it...I cannot make head or tail of it.

Normally when I've had this issue once before with Windows Phone 8.1 Beta (back in March 2014) was a Soft Reset, but everything I've tried doing just doesn't seem to be pulling it off.

My only solution is to now manually turn off Data from the Start & turn it back on when I want to check stuff; been doing it so much today it's now pretty much become an automatic reflex.

Still...

robert peake

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
just throwing this out as i'm no expert, but i had a issue with the one drive (i had auto upload from the camera roll) what had happened was a poto had failed to upload and then everything from then was sitting there waiting, ive cleared mine out and started again, im wondering whether to turn the auto camera roll off for a week and a bit and the phone is much better, i use it alot but i only get about a working day from it. its worth a try.

zei20t

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
do you have skype messaging enabled?

try disabling it; i did yesterday and the data notification arrows arent always on now. plus the battery lasts a little longer!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium