12-27-2016 10:17 AM
441 ... 1213141516 ...
tools
    Because I think that this phone is already dead and MS will kill off WM altogether, and the next phone will be running full Windows with a mobile interface on an x86 based processor.
    So I'm not interested in throwing my money down the tube, and my Lumia 1520 will get WM10, so nothing to lose.
    That's not going to happen.
    01-09-2016 03:50 PM
    I am waiting for:

1) MS second generation phones, Surface Phone
    2) Phones from other manufacturers such as Samsung, LG, etc.
    3) Win 10 mobile to get more mature.
    4) More universal apps.

Meanwhile my 640 dual sim is my 950 dual sim! It is as good but with much more fluid WP8.1.2. I can live with slower processor, lower resolution and without continuum.
    01-09-2016 04:01 PM
    The answer is pretty simple, really - it is far too expensive. I could never justify even half what a 950 costs. In fact, I just bought a brand new Lumia 925, to replace my old 925, and I really couldn't be happier. I spent less than US$150 and got a phone that works brilliantly and now lasts three days on a charge again, where the old one was needing a top-up every day.

I can easily justify spending four grand on a laptop because I use it to earn part of my living but a phone is mostly just a toy with very limited utility beyond calls, SMS and a few handy things like comprehensive weather reports. It can't do a lot of even simple things, like replace my mp3 player, so I simply cannot justify spending more than about $300 on a phone.

I used to buy a new phone every year because they used to improve at a rapid rate but since I got my first 925 I haven't seen a newer handset that offers anything worth paying for. The 925 takes stunning photos, apps start really quickly and navigating through the UI is buttery smooth. When someone makes a phone that can run After Effects and 3DS Max, I might be interested but until then it's just incremental improvements that I really don't need.
    MemoHK and FeedTheShark like this.
    01-09-2016 06:42 PM
    Where did you buy the 925 from? Is it new? Thanks!
    01-09-2016 06:56 PM
    You can get the equivalent of WiFi calling on TMO by getting one of their WiFi/microcell routers. You'd have to put something like a $25 deposit, but if you go into the store, it's possible to score one without putting any money upfront. Give it a go.
    That would be great if I needed it for home, but my T-mo signal is great there. I need it for work, and I am not able to install a router there.
    libra89 likes this.
    01-09-2016 08:43 PM
    That's not going to happen.
    Can you please explain why in a logical and business conscious manner. I really don't want to get in any argument with anyone, as internet arguments are a complete waste of time. But I would really be interested in and intelligent discussion as to why MS would actually keep WM10 if their killer mobile feature is continuum.
    I think the only thing keeping MS from killing off WM10, is that there still isn't a power efficient x86 cpu they can use in a phone, which I believe will not be the case by the next iteration of intel's Atom.
    Logically, MS would lose an established user base for their phone that is at maximum 4% of the market, and at the same time would benefit from cutting down costs by letting go of the team developing WM10, making it easier for developers to make phone apps (just slap on a mobile interface), and have a consistent eco system (PCs running x86, Tablets running x86, Xbox running x86, and phones running x86).
    Everyway I do the math, the next phone will be x86 based, and will run full Win10, just with a phone interface.
    01-09-2016 11:58 PM
    For me it's primarily A, i will wait for the OS to get to my Lumia 640 and see the changes. If the things that should have been fixed several years ago (like attaching anything to an email that is not a pic, horrendous) are still not fixed - i will be waiting for Surface Phone. No point in buying the phone for some largely unnoticeable hardware upgrade.

Oh and i'm still waiting for Cortana to be released in my region. Siri is here, OK Google is also available, putting so much marketing emphasis on something not available in my country just sounds like a cheap move.
    01-10-2016 02:32 AM
    Why haven't I bought 950? I was waiting for phones long. Then when I got to see them, only single sim versions were available. Then my close friend gave me one as birthday present - dual sim version, knowing how much I wanted one. That was all I need. Everything works perfectly, Battery the first days was draining like crazy because I was playing with device all the time. Now normal usage gets me through all the day. Camera is amazing, face recognition works much faster than 6 digit pin code. Got to train this thing few times but now it is reacting good. Battery is charging real fast. Thing is light and feels good in hand. Size is reasonable and fits in pocket easily, also works with CR200 in my car. Transition for Microsoft Band went seamlessly. I need to point out that my previous one was Lumia 920, so you can imagine difference. Happy user.
    eugarps likes this.
    01-10-2016 04:01 AM
    Are you kidding me really? I did a bulk purchase for my company 80+ units, 20+ were DOA/DEFECTIVE out of the box, 9 more crashed hard, 15 or so even after updates were unusable devices and returned by the employees, the rest were recalled and all were sent back FOR A COMPLETE REFUND. My experiment *and that is exactly what it is* is OVER.. WP10 is DOA to the BUSINESS COMMUNITY. BTW.. I have a 550, it worked out of the box, and only cost me 99 bucks.. sheesh.. what a **** SHOW Microsoft..
    01-10-2016 07:35 AM
    Too expensive and, frankly, to much phone for my needs.
    01-10-2016 08:13 AM
    I'm a recent convert from Android (GS4). I needed a cheap phone to put my toe in the W10M water to know if it could be a primary driver. Lumia 640 fit the bill and love it. It will bridge the gap until Surface phone comes out. I'm already a YUUUUUGE Surface Pro fan!
    libra89 likes this.
    01-10-2016 09:56 AM
    I love Windows 10, and I like Windows 10 on my M8, But I am not buying the new 950 and 950 XL, for one they cost too much for what you get, I really don't like how they look and feel, Continuum and Windows Hello might be great for some they mean nothing to me. They just look and feel like Microsoft threw them together just to get the fans off their backs for a while, I will be waiting to see what other manufacturers come up with.
    01-10-2016 10:59 AM
    As note user I wait for surface phone, with 1050 specs it would be best. Pen is must-have for me, everything else in the second place.
    01-10-2016 12:34 PM
    It doesn't run 8.1. That version is 100% better to me. WP 10 may look the same outwardly from 8.1 but the features have change and not for the better for me. So I purchased a Lumia 830 and LOVE it! I don't see myself purchasing a WP10 device anytime soon. I may even buy another 830 just in case my current one breaks.
    Motor_Mouth and theefman like this.
    01-10-2016 12:41 PM
    I didn't buy 950 or 950XL because of that:
    Price + looks (of 950 and 950XL) < how well L920 works
    :)
    Will wait a little longer (Surface phone maybe?) and i also purchased SP4, so money is tight :)
    01-10-2016 12:56 PM
    It's simple. I have Verizon and I haven't seen a Verizon version. I wanted something bigger than my old ICON so I got a Used LG L3 just to try out android and see if it improved from my old Note 2. MS left me with no choice. I went to MS store and went to MSN.com but, no one had any timeline for any new Verizon products.
    01-10-2016 01:30 PM
    Simply far too expensive for such a cheap looking phone. The Lumia 650 looks a lot better value.
    Besides Microsoft seem to be doing their best to kill of Windows mobile and Windows Phone, so we are all really looking for alternative Android and iPhones now.

Microsoft keep screwing up, and most developers are not coming back.
    Lord Method Man likes this.
    01-10-2016 01:42 PM
    Ok, I'll bite. Here are my reasons why I haven't bought a Lumia 950.

1) Un-impressed with the new W10M operating system so far. It's still kinda rough around the edges from what I've read.
    2) Mediocre battery life reported. (I can get 2.5 DAYS out of my Lumia 640 -- Can the Lumia 950 do that? Not so much... from the reports, anyway.)
    3) Already have a Lumia 640. Got it as soon as I could get my hands on one. And it's been an awesome daily driver. No reason to get a 2nd phone, really.

Aside from that, the 950 looks like a great phone. Continuum seems like a killer feature for me, too. How exciting!
    01-10-2016 02:11 PM
    Why haven't I bought 950? I was waiting for phones long. Then when I got to see them, only single sim versions were available. Then my close friend gave me one as birthday present - dual sim version, knowing how much I wanted one. That was all I need. Everything works perfectly, Battery the first days was draining like crazy because I was playing with device all the time. Now normal usage gets me through all the day. Camera is amazing, face recognition works much faster than 6 digit pin code. Got to train this thing few times but now it is reacting good. Battery is charging real fast. Thing is light and feels good in hand. Size is reasonable and fits in pocket easily, also works with CR200 in my car. Transition for Microsoft Band went seamlessly. I need to point out that my previous one was Lumia 920, so you can imagine difference. Happy user.
    Thanks ArmandsFM. Amid all the negativity, I've found out that the Dual SIM I'm still waiting for works well for you. I'll continue to wait and will begin my transition from Apple to Microsoft. For me, my phone is the key link in the chain.

Thanks again,

Bill
    ArmandsFM likes this.
    01-10-2016 02:55 PM
    i actually did get the 950xl... problem was
    i must have gotten one from a bad batch, would heat up, using sd card would make the camera stutter and the phone heat up.i did see the app gap everyone was talking about. there were 3rd party apps but they did not look so decent ( i didnt like how the letters were too big, but keep in mind never used windows phone before so i had no clue how to fix that, i only saw the text scaling in settings) combined with buggy OS i had to replace it. but being out of stock all the time i just decided to return for refund and wait. right now i am just waiting to see how the app situation goes and the OS.

i did get my conmtinuum dock which made me want to get the 950xl again. and then i read there were single sim 950xls on amazon. i would by that if anyone could answer how warranty would work.has anyone bought any phone from amazon before? i know atleast theres a 30 return policy, its a microsoft product so im hoping microsoft has to have manufacturer 1 year warranty right?
    01-10-2016 03:48 PM
    I didn't buy it because Microsoft doesn't offered a payment plan as AT&T or Motorola, I currently use Cricket wireless and got instead the 640 XL unlocked from Microsoft store a $400 difference.

It is running Windows 10 10586.36 and so far so good.
    01-10-2016 04:37 PM
    No money on my part to buy a new phone, I'm still using my 1020 (which I partially won in a competition) and will continue doing so.
    And it's not available in my country yet
    01-10-2016 05:42 PM
    I own a Lumia 640 but bought an Alcatel one touch idol 3 for $149. Which was $20 more than I paid for my 640. Now I see that the 640 specs cause the unstable IE browser problems. 1gb of RAM is insufficient. Owning a 640 has taught me just what I need and use my smartphone for. WP concepts are good just lacking in hardware power.
    01-10-2016 06:04 PM
    I'm a rebel. You don't tell me what to do!
    sohic2000 and MemoHK like this.
    01-11-2016 01:38 AM
    May buy Lumia 950 single sim when available in UAE
    01-11-2016 02:36 AM
441 ... 1213141516 ...