Why *haven't* you bought a Lumia 950?

Zeem Frostmaw

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
I do own a 950, but the main factor of hesitation for me before buying was whether the OS was stable enough. Second to that was whether the specs and cost were a little too high for my usage. I could have probably got by with a quad-core processor and 2GB of RAM if a Win10 Lumia with those options was avaliable.

wpfan86

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I am interested in the 950, but the unfinished OS is the primary factor keeping me away. Cost is also a consideration as ~$600 is a significant amount of money to be spending on a phone with an incomplete OS. Once W10 Mobile is officially ready to go, I'll consider the 950.

Until then, I'll keep an eye out for price drops and any rumored release dates for the surface phone.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I have a L1520 which I got for 420? (new). I find the L950XL barely an improvement. And it's TOTALLY not worth spending 700? just so I can have a bit faster processor, a bit more RAM which I won't use, a smaller screen and a smaller battery.
Waiting for something huge that will make my L1520 crap. That's what I'm going to buy next.

Laziband

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
Lack of dual sim in UK. Heard you can buy from other European stores, but then possible issues with Cortana and updates. I don't understand why dual sim isn't the standard. Surely they would make some savings from having just one type of phone.

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
A, B and C are the reasons for me.
Also, brand new phone with limited availability in Canada, still listed as 'coming soon' 'email me when available' since the initial 4 hour launch in November.

Being that we have a half-baked OS running on last year's hardware, poorly; I'll be waiting for the next flagship that's got the Snapdragon 820 with SenseID in it. As a wearer of glasses with a gigantic astigmatism, I can't imagine an iris scanner to be as reliable as a 3d fingerprint.

savagelizards

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
I'm also on a company Verizon business plan so I'm pretty much locked in to Verizon and can't switch to AT&T. I currently have a Lumia Icon but I've been off contract for a year now, still waiting for something to upgrade to.

^This. Exactly the same situation for me.

I will probably have to hold onto my Icon until a carrier-independent Surface Phone comes around... to be on Verizon is to be exiled to the wilderness for Windows Phone fans.

paescebu

Dec 18, 2015
Visit site
Very good question!

And my answer is a funny story:
Well i have bought one from a private seller...i paid..but instead i received an ice tea..well thats the price i paid for trusting him :D
and i dont have enough money just to order another one :D and i almost sold my 930 on eBay because i expected the 950 XL to arrive...what a great start into 2016 :D

Last edited:

pryce1985

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
I want one but am strapped for cash. I live in an area where ATT is not available so I have to purchase one at retail price. So, I have to wait until I have the cash to do it.

iCpt

Dec 24, 2015
Visit site
I'm REALLY interested in trying out a Windows phone, but I'm hesitant to spend that kind of money when my iPhone is fine. Even if a Windows phone could be better for me.

wgs84

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
I am interested in the 950, but the unfinished OS is the primary factor keeping me away. Cost is also a consideration as ~$600 is a significant amount of money to be spending on a phone with an incomplete OS. Once W10 Mobile is officially ready to go, I'll consider the 950.

Until then, I'll keep an eye out for price drops and any rumored release dates for the surface phone.

You took the words right out of my mouth. For me, it's a and b taken together. I would really like the 950, but I can't justify spending $600 on a phone with an unfinished OS. I'll definitely get one in the future but only when the OS is mature enough.

Jack Neill

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I was really excited about it before launch, then I played with one and my balloon was deflated. The hardware feel was really meh. 10M needs a few updates too.

b23h

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
What nonsense!!

I have the AT&T 950.

A. WM10 is properly released for the 950 and stability is not an issue. Bringing forward features that were in 8.1 like geofenced Wi-Fi and the ability to rotate your Glance screen background would be nice. MS also needs to address how the camera focuses at night. But stability is not an issue.

B. Wishful thinking for any significant price drop in anything like the short term

C. Waiting for a 1020 version is useless. Retrenching means not making niche products and no matter how much you love the 1020, it was a niche product. It's not happening...

D. Expecting a Surface phone to be out quite soon! Are you delusional? They're likely still prototyping and figuring out what they'd like to do. I expect a Surface Phone out no EARLIER than last quarter of 2016, and likely 2017.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720