Why *haven't* you bought a Lumia 950?

Lee Power

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Already using my L930 on Windows 10 insider preview.

Reasons I've not bought a 950 are:

1) Camera bump on the back.

2) Waiting to see what the Surface phone brings.

3) To early to buy one anyway if I was going to buy one. I would always wait for any build / quality control issues to be resolved.

Arunabha Goswami

May 11, 2015
Visit site
I took part in the competition because if I win one, I would sell it immediately to buy a high-end WP8.1 device :wink:

Edit : Nice thread, by the way.

v535

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
I was tired of waiting for lumia 950, instead bought a lumia 730 and after a month, 950 released. So, not going to buy L950, but I'm interested in the giveaway.

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
It's still not available here in Brazil and Microsoft has not announced a release date, so I assume they are giving us the middle finger, and so am I to them. Nokia had respect, Microsoft ruined it here.

Rugish Dapeca

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
My 640LTE works perfectly for what I need. The 950's don't really offer me anything extra beyond continuum to even remotely want to make the step up. And since I managed to get it 6 months ago for under $50 I certainly can't justify the cost of jumping to the 950 or 950XL. (And more importantly, the CFO of the family won't authorize the purchase of either device, since she's still happily using her 520)

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
It's still not available here in Brazil and Microsoft has not announced a release date, so I assume they are giving us the middle finger, and so am I to them. Nokia had respect, Microsoft ruined it here.

Hey, only 12 countries have received the 950s and 550. Africa, Australiasia and South America haven't received anything. That's about 80+ countries right there. Not to mention the dozens more in Europe and Asia. So be patient, like I am in Kenya

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Hey, only 12 countries have received the 950s and 550. Africa, Australiasia and South America haven't received anything. That's about 80+ countries right there. Not to mention the dozens more in Europe and Asia. So be patient, like I am in Kenya
yeah, but it was not like that with Nokia, Brazil is a huge WP market (we have more WPs than iPhones sold) and other manufacturers are much quicker. The new Motos G and X were released here simultaneously with the international launch.

cmucodemonkey

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
You missed a big reason why some people don't have one yet. It is currently only offered by one carrier in the United States. I would love to upgrade my Lumia 735 to the 950, but I'd have to switch carriers to do so.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
yeah, but it was not like that with Nokia, Brazil is a huge WP market (we have more WPs than iPhones sold) and other manufacturers are much quicker. The new Motos G and X were released here simultaneously with the international launch.

you're right. The whole world is a much bigger market than US but MS is just concentrating on US and a few other countries.

the real market is in the developing world, in the BRICS countries, in the fastetst growing nations in the world

Last edited:

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Mainly because it is not available in my country (Singapore). My service provider gives us free $500 vouchers during upgrade to buy a phone. Waiting to buy one when I renew my contract and waiting for the phone to be released here.

chenryhen

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
The number one reason I'm not even considering it is the size of the phone. I want to use (not experiment with) Windows 10 mobile. I want Continuum. I loved my Lumia 520, I'm jazzed about my 735 (although I am still kicking myself for not waiting to get the rm-1039 model), and I actually like how the 950 looks. The whole larger, flatter trend of phone in general is just not what I'm looking for though.

I held a Lumia 435 the other day, and it felt great! If we do see a Surface line of phones, I'm praying that one of them will top out at 4.5" screen, but keeps all the power under the hood.

loribinca

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
Mainly A - but I hope to god they don't do something stupid with the surface phone that prohibits me from loading *any* windows desktop app onto it and using it when it continuum - i get that a lot won't work in phone mode - I dont mind about that, but being able to run scrivener from my phone would be awesome.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel