Why *haven't* you bought a Lumia 950?

rambo47

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
For me, I haven't bought a 950 because I'm on Verizon and Microsoft didn't bother to get CDMA certification. Verizon already sells three Windows phones including the Lumia 735. But alas, Microsoft did the bare minimum to get the 950 out the door. So count me in as one waiting for the Surface Phone.

poddie

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
For me, I haven't bought a 950 because I'm on Verizon and Microsoft didn't bother to get CDMA certification. Verizon already sells three Windows phones including the Lumia 735. But alas, Microsoft did the bare minimum to get the 950 out the door. So count me in as one waiting for the Surface Phone.

I think you need to figure out what actually happened before blaming. Here a hint: you couldn't be more wrong.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I can't believe that some people don't understand that when you make products you also have to understand what the competition is doing.

Sure one can take the logical path but its also very much a PR issue, as petty as it may seem, which is already another thing on top of Microsoft's perceived relative indifference.

MNagisa

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
(a) Waiting until W10M is properly released and is more stable

but the real reason is :
1.No Double Tap to Wake !
2.No Supersensitive Touch !!
3.Microsoft Taiwan don't sell Lumia 950/950XL yet !!!

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I was really planning to get an XL, but it just wasn't the leap forward I was expecting or hoping for. I'm sure it is a great phone, but it isn't THAT much better than my 1520 that I have to get it. I'll wait until something else comes along that makes jumping worth it. Love Win10 Mobile for the most part. There are a few quirks, but mainly I love the OS.

rambo47

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
With all the issues being reported, I for one am glad Verizon never got the 950. Much better to wait for the Surface Phone. I can always pick up a clean/used Lumia 735 if I can't live without Windows Mobile for a bit.

ZuLuuuuuu

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
  • Too expensive, I would prefer fewer features for cheaper price. But not as fewer features as Lumia 650.
  • There are a lot of problem reports.
  • Looks like iris recognition still does not work as well as finger print, so it seems like gimmick to me and I have to pay for it as well (iris recognition specific hardware).
  • Battery life is less than expected and unnecessarily high resolution screen might be the reason, I would prefer a full hd screen with better battery life.
  • Double tap to wake is not present. I am so used to that feature...
  • Cortana does not work in Turkish.
  • Speaker being at the back and reviews say the sound is below average for the price.
  • Microsoft not updating 2.5 year old flagships (like Lumia 925) concerns me that Lumia 950 might share the same destiny in 2.5 years.
I would bear with app gap and the not-premium looks (that's why I didn't list them above) but the things I listed above makes me think a few more times before I do any commitment.

Generalheed

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
With all the issues being reported, I for one am glad Verizon never got the 950. Much better to wait for the Surface Phone. I can always pick up a clean/used Lumia 735 if I can't live without Windows Mobile for a bit.

Yeah I'm doing the same thing too, I switched from my Lumia Icon to a Galaxy S6 for the next 1.5 years, hoping that the Surface Phone will support Verizon as well, or at least some other high end Windows Phone along the line. If this really is the end of Windows Mobile on Verizon, then I have no choice but to fully transition to Android.

longlifexs

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
As for myself, I have a L925 running W10M - the abysmal (<<1 day of normal use) battery life is driving me crazy and the occasional lagginess doesn't help. Therefore I cannot wait another year for a Surface phone, which will also launch at a high price for sure. I am determined to get the L950 (+ Mozo leather back), but I am waiting for the price to drop even lower - I will probably ask my family to buy/partly fund it for my birthday in July :) Then the price should be ok-ish and I will be happy again haha.

Dexter_Morgan9

May 8, 2016
Visit site
I just got one, looking forward to receiving it on Wednesday. It is replacing a 1520, which will be retired to a gaming device for kids, and will be working Alongside my 6s plus.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
still to pricey, how on earth am I expected to pay, and not just that, to pay PREMIUM price for a bunch of bugs in a dead dream inside a generic Chinese looking phone with a pureview camera crippled by its own software

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
still to pricey, how on earth am I expected to pay, and not just that, to pay PREMIUM price for a bunch of bugs in a dead dream inside a generic Chinese looking phone with a pureview camera crippled by its own software

Just bought one for $300 (didn't want to pay top price either). Runs great, very happy.

weetigo

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: 950. Limited continuum feature-set, boring design, poor review on software stability, low number of apps, overpriced. However, this all changes with full Windows 10 on ARM.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro