08-19-2016 03:27 PM
261 1234 ...
tools
    Wow dude. Way to roll in like a troll. Know your facts first. The firmware wasn't released to AT&T 950 adopters. And for the record, we're not self entitled. We're pissed that Microsoft released a phone that has more bugs than we can count. We're pissed because they said carriers weren't going to control these releases. We're pissed because they said they were going to push more frequent builds and have pushed one since they said that.

Sooooooo.......how about we get our updates and you leave?
    How about the real trolls are the ones posting the same whining complaint over and over. Tired of those who disagree with a whine get tagged as a troll and even suspended for voicing their opinion. Im sorry but there are flat out personal comments by the whiners, yet they still are able to post. ******* and moaning on a forum that ISNT AFFILIATED with MS gets you nowhere. You want your voices heard, hit power + vol down, leave feedback. Until then, MS released firmware to a country that has a larger market share than the US does, deal with it. If yall seriously think the grass is greener over at fanDroid or crApple, then go. The USA has spit for a market share, if i were MS I'd say we can wait as well. A companies home base being in the US doesnt mean we are entitled to the great stuff first, thats called entitlement.
    01-07-2016 04:55 PM
    Apparently people get it after reset so i'm doing one now. I might as well. It sucks downloading all my apps and stuff and setting things up, but i'm going to start clean. No restores or anything. Then I'll just get what I need through my library. Hope it works. :D

At least if you're supposed to get it but somehow insider is stopping you.

Yay getting the firmware. :D
    Last edited by poopyfinger; 01-07-2016 at 05:38 PM.
    01-07-2016 05:15 PM
    My Nokia 1020 has been with .36 build for a few weeks and my firmware says 3051.50009.1451.1003. I performed a hard reset today and this number remains in my phone. Any clues?

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    01-07-2016 05:39 PM
    My Nokia 1020 has been with .36 build for a few weeks and my firmware says 3051.50009.1451.1003. I performed a hard reset today and this number remains in my phone. Any clues?

Firmware updates are for lumia 950/950xl.
    YummyChow likes this.
    01-07-2016 06:04 PM
    ATT was actually pretty good with WP8 updates. In fact at least once they actually released them before unlocked phones got them (GDR2).

Hopefully the delay is because of the US holiday.
    01-07-2016 06:20 PM
    Thanks

01-07-2016 06:29 PM
    Apparently people get it after reset so i'm doing one now. I might as well. It sucks downloading all my apps and stuff and setting things up, but i'm going to start clean. No restores or anything. Then I'll just get what I need through my library. Hope it works. :D

At least if you're supposed to get it but somehow insider is stopping you.

Yay getting the firmware. :D

Which version of the phone do you have? ATT?
    01-07-2016 09:11 PM
    Also.. when you get the firmware does it reset your phone? If it does I am tempted to do what you did... and start over. I can't stand not being able to use bluetooth (it freezes my phone shortly after connecting or disconnecting from bluetooth, fairly consistently).
    01-07-2016 09:15 PM
    apparently AT&T users are getting it. There's no real pattern to who gets it. My guess is users who are on firmware 15452 will get it first since it has more issues than 15454. I'm on 15454 and haven't received it but noted that other users on my carrier have received it. So no idea how MS is pushing these out.
    Is there conformation for this? Where? Thanks.
    01-07-2016 11:07 PM
    Also.. when you get the firmware does it reset your phone? If it does I am tempted to do what you did... and start over. I can't stand not being able to use bluetooth (it freezes my phone shortly after connecting or disconnecting from bluetooth, fairly consistently).
    I think if you get it OTA it will not reset your device, so you may want to wait before using the WDRT which will def. reset your phone.

If you have gotten lots of builds (depending on how long you have had it) sometimes it is nice to do a fresh install with the recovery tool. Also many users report less issues when they do not restore a backup.
    01-08-2016 10:42 AM
    Speaking of know your facts, it's important to know that firmware updates were not labeled the same as the OS updates Microsoft said weren't carrier dependent. You'd probably know this if you read the article on why the 950 and presumably future W10 handsets are not carrier dependent for OS updates, because the software and radio stacks are separate. Firmware is on the same stack as the radio. So basically, you need to read up on your facts and adjust your expectations.
    Touche. Still doesn't negate everything else in my post. My adjusted expectations are that AT&T and Microsoft support their half-baked products in a timely fashion. And another expectation I have is that people shouldn't be chastised or called whiners on these forums for wondering when they'll get the update.
    01-08-2016 10:50 AM
    So, can anyone here confirm their 950 AT&T phone getting this update? If so, was it true OTA or after hard reset OR hard reset via WP tool. What OS were you on and what firmware DID you have before?
    InsGadget likes this.
    01-08-2016 12:16 PM
    No, and you will probably have to wait ... maybe even a long time.

I remember waiting months for my old Lumia 920 to get updates, because it had to go through At&t. Android has this problem too. Android comes out with an OS update and they have to wait for their carrier as well as their phone manufacturer. This is actually a really old problem that Windows now mostly circumvents by Windows as a service.

Anything that changes the radios in the phone (firmware) will have through At&t, so At&t can certify that the update works with their cell towers. As others have said At&t has to support the devices they have sold.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/win...ml#post3358737
    01-08-2016 12:53 PM
    It is an issue when the phone, att 950, has issues with the camera and Bluetooth. Its the same old tired **** with ATT. I'm ok waiting a bit but would like at least a hey we know about the issues your having were working on releasing a new firmware soon. You know what I mean, because at this point whjo knows if these issues will be fixed and when.
    CraigCole likes this.
    01-08-2016 06:40 PM
    It is an issue when the phone, att 950, has issues with the camera and Bluetooth. Its the same old tired **** with ATT. I'm ok waiting a bit but would like at least a hey we know about the issues your having were working on releasing a new firmware soon. You know what I mean, because at this point whjo knows if these issues will be fixed and when.
    AMEN! Just assume your phone will NEVER get updated, then you won't be upset, ! I learned long ago with my WP7 and 8 devices that things just don't get better.
    01-08-2016 06:45 PM
    What Camera and Bluetooth issues? I have had a camera issue 1 time while trying to record 4k video, but never had a bluetooth issue on my 950.

AMEN! Just assume your phone will NEVER get updated, then you won't be upset, ! I learned long ago with my WP7 and 8 devices that things just don't get better.
    can't assume that, since we did get an OS update in december (to .29). while we have to wait for firmware, it's not as bad as having to wait for both firmware and software updates.
    EMitchell likes this.
    01-08-2016 06:52 PM
    What Camera and Bluetooth issues? I have had a camera issue 1 time while trying to record 4k video, but never had a bluetooth issue on my 950.

Keep in mind some are running firmware 15452 vs. 15454. I never had issues either and I was on the latter.

can't assume that, since we did get an OS update in december (to .29). while we have to wait for firmware, it's not as bad as having to wait for both firmware and software updates.
    01-08-2016 07:32 PM
    Tis frustrating, my videos with my 950 are a mess. Digital stabilization makes it even worse.
    01-08-2016 08:23 PM
    Is there conformation for this? Where? Thanks.
    People on reddit. Here's one 950xl on at&t.
    Note so far it's been 950XL phones. My guess is it's not that AT&T is not pushing it out. They want it on their phones they will be selling right out of the box. And since these come out of the box they need to make sure it works fine or it would be a blunder on their part to give to customers and they won't even function.

Here in Texas on AT&T with the unlocked 950xl On .36 still enrolled in Insiders. Did check for updates and were none. Went into Insider app and chose Leave Program. Still no update. Reset phone chose skip for wifi and not to restore backup just incase there are any configuration files that might interfere. Checked for update and it appeared with warning\option to download over cellular or connect to Wi-Fi. Did download. After it was done I did another reset and chose to restore from my backup. My 30+ apps and app updates are installing automatically with no hang up so far. Currently down to 13. So now on .36 with new firmware. Will enable insider preview after updates are done.
    01-09-2016 09:56 AM
    Note so far it's been 950XL phones. My guess is it's not that AT&T is not pushing it out. They want it on their phones they will be selling right out of the box. And since these come out of the box they need to make sure it works fine or it would be a blunder on their part to give to customers and they won't even function.
    But that 's yet another unlocked Phone, not an AT&T phone. So far everyone who has been saying they've got it is just an Unlocked phone that happens to be on AT&T.
    01-09-2016 10:20 AM
    At&t has zero control on unlocked and unbranded phones. They only have control over branded phones. As such, 950xl and unlocked 950s (any non-branded at&t 950) will get all updates from ms directly. Branded 950s have to wait on at&t for firmware updates it seems. OS updates can be pushed by MS directly.

So until an at&t branded 950 gets a firmware update, that means at&t hasn't ok'ed it yet. Unlocked/unbranded 950s will get all updates from ms, regardless of carrier.
    01-09-2016 11:49 AM
    I have a 950 on ATT (ATT branded one). I am running the latest .63 build.
    here are the camera issues:
    1. Pictures are not in focus as they should be on auto. <-- seems to be fixed on .63
    2. Time between pictures is between 5-10 second (I have timed it). <-- this time has actually gone done with eh .63, but I haven't timed it yet.
    3. Video changes focus constantly making videos blurry <-- haven't tested this one yet

Bluetooth issues:
    1. when connected to either my highlander or sierra the connection breaks up and is spotty <-- still an issue on .63
    2. when connecting or disconnecting or sometimes just unlocking the phone when it is connected the phone freezes <-- still an issue on .63 (requires a soft reset of phone)
    01-09-2016 12:22 PM
    Wow dude. Way to roll in like a troll. Know your facts first. The firmware wasn't released to AT&T 950 adopters. And for the record, we're not self entitled. We're pissed that Microsoft released a phone that has more bugs than we can count. We're pissed because they said carriers weren't going to control these releases. We're pissed because they said they were going to push more frequent builds and have pushed one since they said that.

Sooooooo.......how about we get our updates and you leave?
    You should be more pissed off at yourself for buying the phone.
    Reviews clearly stated their were software issues.
    In the past ATT has always been a problem interfering with updates.
    Windows 10 running on older devices was unreliable at best.
    Yet you still bought the phone and thought it was going to be perfect?

I got my wife an ATT 950 because she broke her 1020.
    I knew going in that I could have to return it. Fortunately it has worked near perfect (unless things are wrong and she's not telling me).
    I have to the 30th of January to return it, and if necessary I will do so and she can go back to using our spare 640 until the 950 is ironed out or something better comes along.

Do some research before you buy something worth $600.
    Not for one minute have I thought 950 users were anything but beta testers.
    01-09-2016 06:35 PM
    I have a 950 on ATT (ATT branded one). I am running the latest .63 build.
    here are the camera issues:
    1. Pictures are not in focus as they should be on auto. <-- seems to be fixed on .63
    2. Time between pictures is between 5-10 second (I have timed it). <-- this time has actually gone done with eh .63, but I haven't timed it yet.
    3. Video changes focus constantly making videos blurry <-- haven't tested this one yet

Bluetooth issues:
    1. when connected to either my highlander or sierra the connection breaks up and is spotty <-- still an issue on .63
    2. when connecting or disconnecting or sometimes just unlocking the phone when it is connected the phone freezes <-- still an issue on .63 (requires a soft reset of phone)
    My guess is the firmware would fix your Bluetooth issues as some have noticed. Camera issues for sure. Just be patient I'm sure ms is going to release the 950 at&t version soon. 950 xls on at&t are getting it.
    01-10-2016 05:39 PM
    My guess is the firmware would fix your Bluetooth issues as some have noticed. Camera issues for sure. Just be patient I'm sure ms is going to release the 950 at&t version soon. 950 xls on at&t are getting it.
    I had a feeling it would be a long road. I was just hoping that the upgrade from my 928 would have been more worth it. Oh well... I will keep waiting.
    01-10-2016 09:48 PM
261 1234 ...