08-19-2016 03:27 PM
261 ... 23456 ...
tools
    don't have my USB-C cable on me.... i should really buy another to keep at work for this exact type of reason. I recall the AT&T 830 getting the update in WDRT about a week or 2 before OTA.... for a day or 2 and then it was pulled.
    smartass1379 likes this.
    01-15-2016 02:14 PM
    There isn't a new firmware for the AT&T 950 in WDRT. I just checked.
    smartass1379 likes this.
    01-15-2016 02:25 PM
    Well they can't do any worse than the Lollipop 🍭 releases... ATT Android users were waiting SOO long...
    01-15-2016 03:18 PM
    How does apple get away with it? All updates are pushed by them with no carrier waiting.
    Simple, they do the testing quietly, and say nothing about an update being available, until they release it simultaneously everywhere.

If Microsoft followed the same methodology, maybe there would be fewer complaints, but none of us would have the new firmware yet. The only reason people are complaining is because some "lucky" people got it already and they didn't.
    01-15-2016 04:00 PM
    Simple, they do the testing quietly, and say nothing about an update being available, until they release it simultaneously everywhere.

If Microsoft followed the same methodology, maybe there would be fewer complaints, but none of us would have the new firmware yet. The only reason people are complaining is because some "lucky" people got it already and they didn't.
    apple actually built a facility for testing Apple's $100 Million iPhone Test Chambers and i do not believe many other phone manufacturers have. So apple can handle a vast majority of the tests before carriers get them in hand. this is quite possibly the ONLY good thing you will EVER see me type about apple.
    Laura Knotek, james7679 and n7slc like this.
    01-15-2016 05:39 PM
    LOL, guess it's no surprise they have lost 218 billion in market value in under a year.
    01-16-2016 12:17 AM
    This is irritating the crap out of me. My Lumia 950 is quite buggy. I came from Android to Windows Phone nearly 4 years ago because of the allure of the stability and sexiness of the Windows Phone platform, while also giving variety in devices, etc. My AT&T Lumai 950 is literally the buggiest piece of crap phone I have ever owned (I had 2 androids before Windows Phone, a Windows Mobile 6.5 before that, and PalmOS phones before it).

It is unbelievable and frustrating to me that Microsoft let this phone get sold by AT&T in the buggy condition it is in. Since coming to Windows Phone I have always joked about the bugginess of Android. Now the joke is on me and I'm using the most unstable, inconsistent phone I ever have.

It makes me want to throw up. I honestly think I would take this phone back to AT&T and just get an android instead at this point if I wasn't already past my return period.

If this situation doesn't greatly improve very quickly, Microsoft will have lost another passionate Windows Phone fanboy. I don't think I'll be gone forever. I may come back after 1-2 years if they're still around. But this crap is ridiculous and very frustrating.

And the fact that some of the bugs have been fixed, but I can't have the fixes now for nearly a month, just because I bought my phone through AT&T just adds insult to injury. My hands are tied with this crappy buggy phone.

I think I hate it (although it does take very nice photos).

</endofrant>
    01-17-2016 11:01 AM
    This is irritating the crap out of me. My Lumia 950 is quite buggy. I came from Android to Windows Phone nearly 4 years ago because of the allure of the stability and sexiness of the Windows Phone platform, while also giving variety in devices, etc. My AT&T Lumai 950 is literally the buggiest piece of crap phone I have ever owned (I had 2 androids before Windows Phone, a Windows Mobile 6.5 before that, and PalmOS phones before it).

It is unbelievable and frustrating to me that Microsoft let this phone get sold by AT&T in the buggy condition it is in. Since coming to Windows Phone I have always joked about the bugginess of Android. Now the joke is on me and I'm using the most unstable, inconsistent phone I ever have.

It makes me want to throw up. I honestly think I would take this phone back to AT&T and just get an android instead at this point if I wasn't already past my return period.

If this situation doesn't greatly improve very quickly, Microsoft will have lost another passionate Windows Phone fanboy. I don't think I'll be gone forever. I may come back after 1-2 years if they're still around. But this crap is ridiculous and very frustrating.

And the fact that some of the bugs have been fixed, but I can't have the fixes now for nearly a month, just because I bought my phone through AT&T just adds insult to injury. My hands are tied with this crappy buggy phone.

</endofrant>
    Right there with you. I paid full price for it, because I didn't want to extend my contract.
    smartass1379 and CraigCole like this.
    01-17-2016 02:35 PM

</endofrant>
    I agree 100 percent! Winblows 10 Mobile is ghastly, clunky, slow and COMPLETELY unreliable. In my opinion it's a HUGE step backwards compared to WP 8.1.
    smartass1379 likes this.
    01-17-2016 06:36 PM
    This is irritating the crap out of me. My Lumia 950 is quite buggy....</endofrant>
    Add another user to that list. The experience with mine has soured my love for Windows on mobile phones. I can't in good conscience recommend Windows 10 Mobile to anyone. Like Doug, I'd replace mine for something else it I weren't well beyond my return period. Mine doesn't even take decent pictures.
    01-18-2016 09:29 AM
    Agreed. Lost a lot of pictures before realizing the SD card was eating them for nourishment. Come on AT&T/MS.
    That statement along with your user pic gave me a good laugh.
    smartass1379 likes this.
    01-18-2016 09:45 AM
    They have a phone that people want so they twisted the carriers' arms.
    I don't think carriers have arms. They are creatures from hell.
    01-18-2016 09:48 AM

It makes me want to throw up.

</endofrant>
    Best part of the post.
    01-18-2016 09:53 AM
    I just got an update for network services on my ATT 950. Did anybody else get this?
    01-18-2016 10:35 AM
    I just got an update for network services on my ATT 950. Did anybody else get this?
    From the store correct? I did, too bad it's not what we are waiting for :(
    01-18-2016 10:58 AM
    I got that update, too. *Waves hand like a Jedi* This is not the update you're looking for.
    01-18-2016 11:21 AM
    I've never seen that update before, so I was getting my hopes up!
    01-18-2016 01:32 PM
    Been over a month since the new 950 firmware was out and still nothing from ATT. I really hate their delay crap.
    01-19-2016 10:07 AM
    Been over a month since the new 950 firmware was out and still nothing from ATT. I really hate their delay crap.
    I really want the SD card fix. I wish there was a way to find this firmware online and force it onto my phone, lol.
    smartass1379 likes this.
    01-19-2016 10:25 AM
    Is there anyway we can complain to ATT and get this Firmware released?
    Has anybody confirmed that an unlocked 950 would get the update, even if used on ATT? Just wondering...
    01-20-2016 01:54 PM
    Is there anyway we can complain to ATT and get this Firmware released?
    Has anybody confirmed that an unlocked 950 would get the update, even if used on ATT? Just wondering...
    complaining to AT&T gets nothing. Anyone that followed the 830 Denim thread knows this too well. CS said yes, no, not yet, and more depending on the rep. Social media and support said the same. BBB reps, which some took to heart prompting the initial "it's not coming to the AT&T" post here on the main page, also said the same.... except for 1 rep (via 1 person here filing for Arbitration) that said within 2-3 weeks and it landed in WDRT in that timeframe.... and a bit longer before OTA.

The point in posting all that? to point that unless you can get a hold of the actual person/people directly involved with the firmware, then there is NO way of knowing or finding out.
    EMitchell likes this.
    01-20-2016 02:11 PM
    Holy crap still no new firmware, I doubt ATT are even working on it, just hoping 950 owners fall off the face of the earth.
    CraigCole likes this.
    01-26-2016 07:45 AM
    Holy crap still no new firmware, I doubt ATT are even working on it, just hoping 950 owners fall off the face of the earth.
    Unfortunately, you're probably right! However, it wouldn't even matter to them since there's probably only a dozen of us.

In all seriousness though this situation is REALLY starting to aggravate me. WHERE'S OUR FIRMWARE UPDATE ATT?!?!?!?! HOW LONG MUST WE LIMP ALONG WITH BLATANTLY DEFECTIVE DEVICES?!?!?!?! I mean, how hard is this stuff? Evidently impossible ...
    01-26-2016 09:00 AM
    Unfortunately, you're probably right! However, it wouldn't even matter to them since there's probably only a dozen of us.

In all seriousness though this situation is REALLY starting to aggravate me. WHERE'S OUR FIRMWARE UPDATE ATT?!?!?!?! HOW LONG MUST WE LIMP ALONG WITH BLATANTLY DEFECTIVE DEVICES?!?!?!?! I mean, how hard is this stuff? Evidently impossible ...
    For realz. I wish there was at least some sort of official response that they're working on it.
    CraigCole likes this.
    01-26-2016 09:13 AM
    I really hope Microsoft decides to put make the firmware available on insider, I'm not expecting anything from AT&T at this point.
    01-26-2016 10:25 AM
261 ... 23456 ...