Where is the new 950 firmware for USA ATT 950's?

ImpalaDoug

May 8, 2012
Visit site
This is irritating the crap out of me. My Lumia 950 is quite buggy. I came from Android to Windows Phone nearly 4 years ago because of the allure of the stability and sexiness of the Windows Phone platform, while also giving variety in devices, etc. My AT&T Lumai 950 is literally the buggiest piece of crap phone I have ever owned (I had 2 androids before Windows Phone, a Windows Mobile 6.5 before that, and PalmOS phones before it).

It is unbelievable and frustrating to me that Microsoft let this phone get sold by AT&T in the buggy condition it is in. Since coming to Windows Phone I have always joked about the bugginess of Android. Now the joke is on me and I'm using the most unstable, inconsistent phone I ever have.

It makes me want to throw up. I honestly think I would take this phone back to AT&T and just get an android instead at this point if I wasn't already past my return period.

If this situation doesn't greatly improve very quickly, Microsoft will have lost another passionate Windows Phone ******. I don't think I'll be gone forever. I may come back after 1-2 years if they're still around. But this crap is ridiculous and very frustrating.

And the fact that some of the bugs have been fixed, but I can't have the fixes now for nearly a month, just because I bought my phone through AT&T just adds insult to injury. My hands are tied with this crappy buggy phone.

I think I hate it (although it does take very nice photos).

</endofrant>

james7679

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
This is irritating the crap out of me. My Lumia 950 is quite buggy. I came from Android to Windows Phone nearly 4 years ago because of the allure of the stability and sexiness of the Windows Phone platform, while also giving variety in devices, etc. My AT&T Lumai 950 is literally the buggiest piece of crap phone I have ever owned (I had 2 androids before Windows Phone, a Windows Mobile 6.5 before that, and PalmOS phones before it).

It is unbelievable and frustrating to me that Microsoft let this phone get sold by AT&T in the buggy condition it is in. Since coming to Windows Phone I have always joked about the bugginess of Android. Now the joke is on me and I'm using the most unstable, inconsistent phone I ever have.

It makes me want to throw up. I honestly think I would take this phone back to AT&T and just get an android instead at this point if I wasn't already past my return period.

If this situation doesn't greatly improve very quickly, Microsoft will have lost another passionate Windows Phone ******. I don't think I'll be gone forever. I may come back after 1-2 years if they're still around. But this crap is ridiculous and very frustrating.

And the fact that some of the bugs have been fixed, but I can't have the fixes now for nearly a month, just because I bought my phone through AT&T just adds insult to injury. My hands are tied with this crappy buggy phone.

</endofrant>

Right there with you. I paid full price for it, because I didn't want to extend my contract.

CraigCole

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site

</endofrant>

I agree 100 percent! Winblows 10 Mobile is ghastly, clunky, slow and COMPLETELY unreliable. In my opinion it's a HUGE step backwards compared to WP 8.1.

n7slc

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
This is irritating the crap out of me. My Lumia 950 is quite buggy....</endofrant>

Add another user to that list. The experience with mine has soured my love for Windows on mobile phones. I can't in good conscience recommend Windows 10 Mobile to anyone. Like Doug, I'd replace mine for something else it I weren't well beyond my return period. Mine doesn't even take decent pictures.

Jopl

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Is there anyway we can complain to ATT and get this Firmware released?
Has anybody confirmed that an unlocked 950 would get the update, even if used on ATT? Just wondering...

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Is there anyway we can complain to ATT and get this Firmware released?
Has anybody confirmed that an unlocked 950 would get the update, even if used on ATT? Just wondering...

complaining to AT&T gets nothing. Anyone that followed the 830 Denim thread knows this too well. CS said yes, no, not yet, and more depending on the rep. Social media and support said the same. BBB reps, which some took to heart prompting the initial "it's not coming to the AT&T" post here on the main page, also said the same.... except for 1 rep (via 1 person here filing for Arbitration) that said within 2-3 weeks and it landed in WDRT in that timeframe.... and a bit longer before OTA.

The point in posting all that? to point that unless you can get a hold of the actual person/people directly involved with the firmware, then there is NO way of knowing or finding out.

CraigCole

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
Holy crap still no new firmware, I doubt ATT are even working on it, just hoping 950 owners fall off the face of the earth.

Unfortunately, you're probably right! However, it wouldn't even matter to them since there's probably only a dozen of us.

In all seriousness though this situation is REALLY starting to aggravate me. WHERE'S OUR FIRMWARE UPDATE ATT?!?!?!?! HOW LONG MUST WE LIMP ALONG WITH BLATANTLY DEFECTIVE DEVICES?!?!?!?! I mean, how hard is this stuff? Evidently impossible ...

MirthRock

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Unfortunately, you're probably right! However, it wouldn't even matter to them since there's probably only a dozen of us.

In all seriousness though this situation is REALLY starting to aggravate me. WHERE'S OUR FIRMWARE UPDATE ATT?!?!?!?! HOW LONG MUST WE LIMP ALONG WITH BLATANTLY DEFECTIVE DEVICES?!?!?!?! I mean, how hard is this stuff? Evidently impossible ...

For realz. I wish there was at least some sort of official response that they're working on it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea