08-19-2016 03:27 PM
261 ... 45678 ...
tools
    Btw what setting in camera for video to make 4K videos?
    01-30-2016 04:50 PM
    I might be trading in for an iPhone or android sadly.. tired of being frustrated
    I already moved over to the iPhone 6S from the 950. I was tired of my phone locking up, bluetooth failures, lack of banking App, lack of wallet app, no wifi calling and a terrible music player. I payed for my 950 out right with Microsoft Complete....anyone want a 950 with 128GB card and complete? PM with offer.
    CraigCole and smartass1379 like this.
    01-31-2016 09:42 AM
    I have an update for anyone interested. I just got off of the phone with AT&T Wireless tech support. I spent a few minutes explaining that my data usage had skyrocketed due to Wi-Fi drop off and inquired as to when they would be releasing the firmware, since they are not providing a date on their product update page. He said that the latest firmware update is wrapping up internal BETA testing and they have an approved release date of February 10-12th, depending on your IMEI number. So, at least we have that.
    Please be true, please be true, please be true...
    fly_branch, CraigCole and gahbmwm5 like this.
    02-01-2016 11:46 AM
    Hysterical MS is putting out another Firmware update before ATT get the last one.

ATT 2 FW updates behind
    02-04-2016 10:35 AM
    Hysterical MS is putting out another Firmware update before ATT get the last one.

ATT 2 FW updates behind
    Yep. Hopefully we get the latest.
    02-04-2016 10:36 AM
    Yep. Hopefully we get the latest.
    What'll probably happen is they'll want to push the latest firmware update out so they'll begin testing it soon. Of course this will take several months to complete and by the time they're ready to push it out the next firmware update after that will be ready and they'll want the make that one live, which will, again, take more months to test meaning we never actually get an update, LOL!
    EMitchell likes this.
    02-04-2016 10:58 AM
    Yea this same stuff happened with ATT and the Lumia 920, firmware releases would pile up waiting for ATT to pish them out.
    02-04-2016 12:49 PM
    Anything on the ATT L950 firmware release?
    02-05-2016 01:04 PM
    Anything on the ATT L950 firmware release?
    if the day ends with a "Y", then wait 2 more weeks.... but seriously, nothing yet
    02-05-2016 01:23 PM
    if the day ends with a "Y", then wait 2 more weeks.... but seriously, nothing yet

Basic math you say, 7days x 14 days = 3.14 @_@!
    02-05-2016 05:14 PM
    It is very possible that AT&T's QA is slower and more strict and that they actually found issues in the first firmware and wanted Microsoft to address them and that is why Microsoft released another one. Perhaps waiting in this case is a good thing.
    02-06-2016 11:50 PM
    Na, people are not reporting any issues with the last firmware it had been out 2 months now, also considering MS has released yet another firmware revision it is comical ATT is taking so long. Maybe if ATT could actually communicate with it's customers and tell us their progress and issues they have found I could cut them some slack. As it is I have to assume they don't give a damn and are treating it as a low priority
    02-07-2016 07:53 AM
    A communications company communicate info to it's customers? That's crazy talk! But seriously, wish at&t was a bit more forthcoming with info on windows phone.
    smartass1379 likes this.
    02-07-2016 10:38 PM
    so aggravating. I'd rather not know new firmware has been released.
    02-10-2016 01:37 PM
    Really wish they would get the firmware update out. Going to the AT&T store to see about a replacement now, tired of waiting.
    02-12-2016 01:36 PM
    I have an update for anyone interested. I just got off of the phone with AT&T Wireless tech support. I spent a few minutes explaining that my data usage had skyrocketed due to Wi-Fi drop off and inquired as to when they would be releasing the firmware, since they are not providing a date on their product update page. He said that the latest firmware update is wrapping up internal BETA testing and they have an approved release date of February 10-12th, depending on your IMEI number. So, at least we have that.
    Welp, today is the 12th, and no sign of any update. Sounds like they were feeding you a bunch of BS, which is SOP for ATT.

Another day, another round of battery drains and random reboots.
    CraigCole and ashram like this.
    02-12-2016 05:04 PM
    Welp, today is the 12th, and no sign of any update. Sounds like they were feeding you a bunch of BS, which is SOP for ATT.
    Why am I not surprised? Oh well, it'll arrive when it arrives.... When will that be? Who knows.
    CraigCole likes this.
    02-12-2016 05:32 PM
    Yup, just got off of the phone with a supervisor. The gist of the conversation:
    Super: "I have no idea where that person got a date from."
    Me: "IT'S BEEN THREE MONTHS!"
    Super: "We have no idea when it will be released, or even a current schedule for it."
    Me: "IT'S BEEN THREE MONTHS!"
    Super: "Best I can do is call you when I have an update."
    Me: "YOU GUYS SUCK!"
    Super: "We don't care."
    Me: "This is a $600 phone that YOU ARE STILL SELLING WITH PROBLEMS!"
    Super: "We know, and we don't care."

Eff At&t.

I'm going to start trashing them on Twitter and Facebook.
    02-12-2016 07:20 PM
    I called AT&T and asked to have my phone replaced. I am on the next plan and I was told that they do not have any 950's and they are not going to sell them anymore. The only thing they told me I could do is pay for an upgrade or take the phone to a Microsoft Store and see if they will honor the warranty. The rep. I spoke with said not to go with any Microsoft or windows phone because they are no good. He kept saying I should get an Apple phone. I guess I'll try a Microsoft store, but its about 75 miles away so hopefully this weekend.
    02-12-2016 07:42 PM
    I called AT&T and asked to have my phone replaced. I am on the next plan and I was told that they do not have any 950's and they are not going to sell them anymore. The only thing they told me I could do is pay for an upgrade or take the phone to a Microsoft Store and see if they will honor the warranty. The rep. I spoke with said not to go with any Microsoft or windows phone because they are no good. He kept saying I should get an Apple phone. I guess I'll try a Microsoft store, but its about 75 miles away so hopefully this weekend.
    Sounds like another useless rep. At&t really needs to 1: Get their reps some training: 2: Get them to not spew BS; 3: Be a bit more transparent when it comes to support for phones currently available and 4: Hold reps accountable for lying to the customer.
    CraigCole likes this.
    02-12-2016 07:54 PM
    Unfortunately, it looks like my prediction will be correct; the firmware will arrive at quarter-past never. AT&T is the evilest corporation ever, except for all the other ones.
    02-12-2016 08:50 PM
    Unfortunately, it looks like my prediction will be correct; the firmware will arrive at quarter-past never. AT&T is the evilest corporation ever, except for all the other ones.
    Pretty sure it will be released.... Just never as soon as it should be. They sat on the 830 firmware for 5 months... Most gave up hope between 2-4 months.
    CraigCole likes this.
    02-12-2016 10:31 PM
    Well it's now February 13th and no sign of the firmware update...

MG
    02-13-2016 04:31 AM
    You should've asked the rep why it is still listed on their website for sale if they're no longer selling them?
    02-13-2016 11:49 AM
    What'll probably happen is they'll want to push the latest firmware update out so they'll begin testing it soon. Of course this will take several months to complete and by the time they're ready to push it out the next firmware update after that will be ready and they'll want the make that one live, which will, again, take more months to test meaning we never actually get an update, LOL!
    I think I speak for those of us who know what we are doing, that we wish the Windows Device Recovery Tool had the latest Firmware available for whatever device we plug in.
    Whether approved by the carrier or not (AT&T for example), if MS feels a firmware is solid enough for submission, having to wait on the carrier to drag their feet for weeks, or maybe even months, while we sit here with buggy devices is worth the slight risk to many.
    That said, this is a small start but anyone who wants the best experience will wipe their device after a major build/firmware update anyway hence the importance of foJcusing more on making the latest updates available on the WDRT.
    Yes indeed....well said! Presently on a AT&T branded 950, I have firmware: 01078.00017.15454.xxxx, now completely understanding that AT&T has to 'do-their-QA-testing...there have been two updated firmware files:
    Dec. 2015---Firmware 01078.00027.15506.020xx
    01078.00027.15506.020xx firmware update for Lumia 950/950 XL. The availability of this update may depend on your phone model, region or network service provider. Key improvements in this release include:

• Stability and performance improvements.
    • Improvements for SD memory card support.
    • Improvements for automatic display brightness settings.
    • Fix for a camera problem that was causing noisy images in low-light conditions for some users.
    • Fix for a 4K video problem that was causing stripes to show up while playing back recorded videos for some users.

Jan. 2016---Firmware 01078.00038.16025.390xx
    01078.00038.16025.390xx firmware update for Lumia 950/950 XL. The availability of this update may depend on your phone model, region or network service provider. Key improvements in this release include:

• Stability fixes.
    • Improvements for GPS reliability.
    • Improvements for call audio quality.

I just hope that we can get these very important recent firmware updates soooooon.....lol!
    Aaron Graves and ashram like this.
    02-14-2016 03:29 AM
261 ... 45678 ...