Where is the new 950 firmware for USA ATT 950's?

kwajr

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
correct, but only to AT&T branded devices. AT&T cannot do squat to a 950 that is factory unlocked. That is where the disconnect between you and BJD223 is coming into play. your response, while it makes sense for the AT&T branded devices, it reads as if AT&T is blocking all 950's, which they can't.
Sir you are simply wrong

Robert Heinrich

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
AT&T 950 here, no firmware yet. I am curious as to the issues others are having with firmware version 29031. I haven't had any issues at all. Regular 950 and no freezes or reboots. My browser is very fast too, although I browse exclusively in mobile mode.

Are there apps that lag and crash, or are we talking general OS failures that I will run into in the future? I've only had the device for about 9 days now but it works as intended.

I've been loyal to WP due to it's stability, but if w10 is soon going to turn my device into an android glitchy device, I'm not going to be happy.

RuleOfSines

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
AT&T 950 here, no firmware yet. I am curious as to the issues others are having with firmware version 29031. I haven't had any issues at all. Regular 950 and no freezes or reboots. My browser is very fast too, although I browse exclusively in mobile mode.

Are there apps that lag and crash, or are we talking general OS failures that I will run into in the future? I've only had the device for about 9 days now but it works as intended.

I've been loyal to WP due to it's stability, but if w10 is soon going to turn my device into an android glitchy device, I'm not going to be happy.

My biggest grievance is the camera, particularly video. Especially since the camera is one of the high features of this phone. My video capture is awful, quality is grainy and the autofocus only works some of the time. If turn on the digital stabilization, the quality actually gets worse.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
To each their own.... unbranded, unlocked US 950's have already begun recieving the update, at&t branded have not.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/microsoft-lumia-950/402957-3.htm

in the end it really doesn't matter, we are still stuck waiting. (plus, this thread is the ONLY one that mentions AT&T blocking updates on non-at&t phones.)

It's not that at&t blocks it. It's Microsoft not releasing it to users without their approval. If they did they could break certification contracts and at&t could block these phones from connecting to their network. you get your phone imei's entered once phones are certified. At&t may not care about their phones that are not selling through them and just say "Go ahead". But the even the xl had to be verified and imeis added initially.

Anyways good read. http://www.ecnmag.com/article/2012/07/cellular-carrier-certification-requirements

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Outlook mail has stopped working completely and every time I open messaging it crashes. I'm also getting errors about a corrupted SD card. I hope they release some kind of fix soon, I've committed to using this for work.

Rising Mos

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Outlook mail has stopped working completely and every time I open messaging it crashes. I'm also getting errors about a corrupted SD card. I hope they release some kind of fix soon, I've committed to using this for work.

Options:
1: If you are not an insider, join and download the latest build. This should reinstall outlook.
2: Reset the phone.

Also, are you sure the SD card is not defective? In any case, you will probably need to format it.

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Options:
1: If you are not an insider, join and download the latest build. This should reinstall outlook.
2: Reset the phone.

Also, are you sure the SD card is not defective? In any case, you will probably need to format it.

I'm an insider and on the latest build. As for my SD card, all my music is on it and I listen to it 4-5 days a week in the gym. It's been working fine as of this morning.

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Patience my friend. I am on Orange Romania and yesterday I have received the firmware update on my 950, after 3 weeks MS released it. So just wait for it, it will come.

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
As much as I want the update I'm almost afraid to get it. My phone has been relatively stable for over a month now and I don't want to see that get ruined with this update.

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
don't have my USB-C cable on me.... i should really buy another to keep at work for this exact type of reason. I recall the AT&T 830 getting the update in WDRT about a week or 2 before OTA.... for a day or 2 and then it was pulled.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
How does apple get away with it? All updates are pushed by them with no carrier waiting.
Simple, they do the testing quietly, and say nothing about an update being available, until they release it simultaneously everywhere.

If Microsoft followed the same methodology, maybe there would be fewer complaints, but none of us would have the new firmware yet. The only reason people are complaining is because some "lucky" people got it already and they didn't.

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Simple, they do the testing quietly, and say nothing about an update being available, until they release it simultaneously everywhere.

If Microsoft followed the same methodology, maybe there would be fewer complaints, but none of us would have the new firmware yet. The only reason people are complaining is because some "lucky" people got it already and they didn't.

apple actually built a facility for testing Apple's $100 Million iPhone Test Chambers and i do not believe many other phone manufacturers have. So apple can handle a vast majority of the tests before carriers get them in hand. this is quite possibly the ONLY good thing you will EVER see me type about apple.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte