Where is the new 950 firmware for USA ATT 950's?

james7679

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
We went through so many starts and stops on ATT updates with the Lumia 830 Denim releases, I'm past believing anything we get from tech support. There have been so many times they've given false hope that I refuse to believe it until I actually see it.

Don't be so jaded. I was speaking with a supervisor. He gave an EXACT date. Not an approximation, an exact date. He said that they received the package before the public release and have been pushing this one through due to the Wi-Fi issue and the possible collateral damage they could incur. He credited my account 6gb of data as well. But I get being jaded, I do. Us WP folks are all that way.

DLong4

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
This whole thread is a testament to why I will never again buy a carrier branded phone. Especially when unlocked, unbranded devices have been available since day one.

My original unlocked 950XL phone brought into AT&T did not have visual voicemail and LTE speeds. Not sure if that is still a problem, but it was enough of an issue to me that I returned the MS 950XL for an AT&T 950.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
My original unlocked 950XL phone brought into AT&T did not have visual voicemail and LTE speeds. Not sure if that is still a problem, but it was enough of an issue to me that I returned the MS 950XL for an AT&T 950.
LTE is not a problem, if you can find a support rep who knows how to properly provision the account. Visual Voicemail unfortunately will not work on any dual sim phone until Microsoft fixes it in their software. Youmail and ISeeVM fill this gap pretty nicely.

jiovine

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
I might be trading in for an iPhone or android sadly.. tired of being frustrated

I already moved over to the iPhone 6S from the 950. I was tired of my phone locking up, bluetooth failures, lack of banking App, lack of wallet app, no wifi calling and a terrible music player. I payed for my 950 out right with Microsoft Complete....anyone want a 950 with 128GB card and complete? PM with offer.

MirthRock

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
I have an update for anyone interested. I just got off of the phone with AT&T Wireless tech support. I spent a few minutes explaining that my data usage had skyrocketed due to Wi-Fi drop off and inquired as to when they would be releasing the firmware, since they are not providing a date on their product update page. He said that the latest firmware update is wrapping up internal BETA testing and they have an approved release date of February 10-12th, depending on your IMEI number. So, at least we have that.

Please be true, please be true, please be true...

CraigCole

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
Yep. Hopefully we get the latest.

What'll probably happen is they'll want to push the latest firmware update out so they'll begin testing it soon. Of course this will take several months to complete and by the time they're ready to push it out the next firmware update after that will be ready and they'll want the make that one live, which will, again, take more months to test meaning we never actually get an update, LOL!

dashrendar

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
It is very possible that AT&T's QA is slower and more strict and that they actually found issues in the first firmware and wanted Microsoft to address them and that is why Microsoft released another one. Perhaps waiting in this case is a good thing.

swanlee

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Na, people are not reporting any issues with the last firmware it had been out 2 months now, also considering MS has released yet another firmware revision it is comical ATT is taking so long. Maybe if ATT could actually communicate with it's customers and tell us their progress and issues they have found I could cut them some slack. As it is I have to assume they don't give a damn and are treating it as a low priority

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
A communications company communicate info to it's customers? That's crazy talk! But seriously, wish at&t was a bit more forthcoming with info on windows phone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs