Where is the new 950 firmware for USA ATT 950's?

KaiserKai

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
Based on what others have posted here over the past couple months, it seems the unlocked phones in North America still have some geographic tie-in to AT&T firmware decisions. So unlocked NA 950/XLs should have the same firmware schedule as AT&T.

Wow. Seriously?
Now that blows tremendously.

Thanks for the info. Really absolutely no point in buying an unlocked phone then... What a bummer.

kwill

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Based on what others have posted here over the past couple months, it seems the unlocked phones in North America still have some geographic tie-in to AT&T firmware decisions. So unlocked NA 950/XLs should have the same firmware schedule as AT&T.

That is actually not correct. If you have an unlocked 950/XL in NA you aren't tied to ATT's "crappy" release schedule. You ARE however tied into releases in general for NA (which aren't necessarily prioritized over other countries). I have an unlocked 950 XL and after unenrolling from preview being sure set your phone back to "Production" builds (it's an option when you remove yourself from enrollment in the program) I got the first firmware update right away. However, the second firmware update has yet to hit any NA phones (at least not in the US).

Wow. Seriously?
Now that blows tremendously.

Thanks for the info. Really absolutely no point in buying an unlocked phone then... What a bummer.

See what I mentioned above. You should've at least received the first firmware update already. Just be sure that you select "Production" builds when you go through the process of removing yourself from the Insider Program in the app.

KaiserKai

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
See what I mentioned above. You should've at least received the first firmware update already. Just be sure that you select "Production" builds when you go through the process of removing yourself from the Insider Program in the app.
Thanks much.
That makes more sense to me.
I do have the 01078.00027.15506.020xx firmware indeed, so i guess patience is a virtue :)
I have set everything back to production builds, so should all play out from here.

Thanks again for you help.

gahbmwm5

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
That is actually not correct. If you have an unlocked 950/XL in NA you aren't tied to ATT's "crappy" release schedule. You ARE however tied into releases in general for NA (which aren't necessarily prioritized over other countries). I have an unlocked 950 XL and after unenrolling from preview being sure set your phone back to "Production" builds (it's an option when you remove yourself from enrollment in the program) I got the first firmware update right away. However, the second firmware update has yet to hit any NA phones (at least not in the US).

kwill,

Thank you sir for this information..:)

InsGadget

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
Ahh good to hear, hadn't noticed anyone confirm it on here.

kwill

May 25, 2012
Visit site
You all are most welcome. I totally get how some of the information from the forums is so scattered that you don't know what is correct. Lol

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
You all are most welcome. I totally get how some of the information from the forums is so scattered that you don't know what is correct. Lol
Very true..... and there is also a ton of misinformation..... for a bit, people swore up and down that AT&T controlled the firmware regardless if you had an unlocked/unbranded phone on their network.

Chris Turek

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
Are you seriously complaining right now because another country got the same firmware update that was pushed out to us two weeks ago? You're really tired of waiting a couple of weeks for updates?

Man, people around here are seriously self-entitled.

Someone call Microsoft and tell them they aren't allowed to have a Christmas / new years holiday. They have to work so this guy can get his updates.

Funny how dumb this comment from 1/06/16 looks on now 2/18/16 after a second firmware update was already released for the Unlocked 950/XLs

Albatross2

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Should the new "Release Preview" ring also allow this firmware update, or must one go all the way to the production ring to get it when available in North America?

gahbmwm5

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Should the new "Release Preview" ring also allow this firmware update, or must one go all the way to the production ring to get it when available in North America?

Yes, you will need to opt out of the Preview Release Ring via Windows Insider app, reboot, then once again opt in for 'Production Ring'...reboot, then check up for Windows 10 Mobile device update... (if you have AT&T branded 950/950XL)----->we are still stuck unfortunately on stock firmware:01078.00017.15454.290xx
Great info above regarding NA (North America) unlocked 950/950XL devices..

Gary Berns

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
I got my phone on day of release. Had the choice of paying MS $550 or so or paying
ATT $149 with new two year contract. ATT had never pushed denim to my 925 and I knew this could happen again.
And it is. However, updates are not worth $400 to me. Will get them when and if I get them. Made the choice and not ******** about it.

sheldon cohn

May 15, 2015
Visit site
I received the firm update, but did't have a SIM card installed. The carrier shows NAM CV, even though I'm with ATT

Last edited:

gahbmwm5

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I got my phone on day of release. Had the choice of paying MS $550 or so or paying
ATT $149 with new two year contract. ATT had never pushed denim to my 925 and I knew this could happen again.
And it is. However, updates are not worth $400 to me. Will get them when and if I get them. Made the choice and not ******** about it.

I hear you..lol I too elected to follow your route. Hell, even ventured in XDA forums.....however after thorough, thorough research, there is NO Lumina 950 ROM (unbranded, generic, or CV) that a RM-1105-VAR US ATT SL Black/White device can flash to safely...in order to bypass good old AT&T's Firmware testing period...confirmed by the French member of XDA, who wrote and keeps up with his wonderful Lumia ROM Flash tutorials, Kaptaiin

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb