08-19-2016 03:27 PM
261 123 ...
tools
    Really tired of delays for ATT USA lumia owners, had issues with Lumia 920's

WHY can't ATT users in the USA get firmware the same time as everyone else?
    01-06-2016 02:22 PM

What version of FW do you have? I've got an ATT 950 as well, FW version 01078.00017.15454.29031.
    01-06-2016 03:43 PM

It will probably need to go through ATT approval process. MS can push firmware updates to unlocked phones but for carrier branded ones they need to coordinate with the carrier.
    01-06-2016 03:46 PM

I'm with you. I'm really annoyed about this. Especially since the changelog for the firmware update fixes a whole bunch of issues that experience daily. I keep checking the Windows Device Recovery Tool, but it hasn't appeared on there yet, either.
    01-06-2016 03:46 PM
    If I had to guess, the next update will probably have the latest firmware rolled up with it. when is the question...
    01-06-2016 03:53 PM
    I thought MS and ATT confirmed that software and firmware updates were solely controlled by MS now and no longer need carrier approval like it did with WP 8.1
    01-06-2016 05:50 PM
    Are you seriously complaining right now because another country got the same firmware update that was pushed out to us two weeks ago? You're really tired of waiting a couple of weeks for updates?

Man, people around here are seriously self-entitled.

Someone call Microsoft and tell them they aren't allowed to have a Christmas / new years holiday. They have to work so this guy can get his updates.
    01-06-2016 05:55 PM
    I thought MS and ATT confirmed that software and firmware updates were solely controlled by MS now and no longer need carrier approval like it did with WP 8.1
    software yes, firmware no. MS can push software updates all they want now. Firmware updates, since they touch the radios, still go through AT&T. This has been mentioned a few times on the front page of the site.

also, because AT&T has to approve firmware updates and the last 2 weeks of the year in the US means NOTHING gets done.
    EMitchell likes this.
    01-06-2016 06:09 PM
    Are you seriously complaining right now because another country got the same firmware update that was pushed out to us two weeks ago? You're really tired of waiting a couple of weeks for updates?

Man, people around here are seriously self-entitled.

Someone call Microsoft and tell them they aren't allowed to have a Christmas / new years holiday. They have to work so this guy can get his updates.
    Wow dude. Way to roll in like a troll. Know your facts first. The firmware wasn't released to AT&T 950 adopters. And for the record, we're not self entitled. We're pissed that Microsoft released a phone that has more bugs than we can count. We're pissed because they said carriers weren't going to control these releases. We're pissed because they said they were going to push more frequent builds and have pushed one since they said that.

Sooooooo.......how about we get our updates and you leave?
    CraigCole and erichunt like this.
    01-06-2016 06:11 PM
    Its hard to understand the logic that AT&T has to approve firmware on their branded phone, but does not have to approve firmware on an unbranded phone that they allow on their network. If they are worried about the firmware wreaking havoc on their branded phones, why are they unconcerned about the havoc that firmware on an unlocked phone could have? Not saying it isn't so, but this really makes no sense.
    aximtreo likes this.
    01-06-2016 07:09 PM
    I have an unlocked 950 dual sim in the US. I just got an update at 7:30 central and the firmware version is now 01078.0007.15506.2004
    Brandon Sobotta likes this.
    01-06-2016 08:51 PM
    Wow dude. Way to roll in like a troll. Know your facts first. The firmware wasn't released to AT&T 950 adopters. And for the record, we're not self entitled. We're pissed that Microsoft released a phone that has more bugs than we can count. We're pissed because they said carriers weren't going to control these releases. We're pissed because they said they were going to push more frequent builds and have pushed one since they said that.

Nothing happens in the last 2weeks of the year in the us
    01-06-2016 09:12 PM
    Its hard to understand the logic that AT&T has to approve firmware on their branded phone, but does not have to approve firmware on an unbranded phone that they allow on their network. If they are worried about the firmware wreaking havoc on their branded phones, why are they unconcerned about the havoc that firmware on an unlocked phone could have? Not saying it isn't so, but this really makes no sense.
    Because they do not have to provide support to unbranded phones they say call MS
    jcar302 likes this.
    01-06-2016 09:13 PM
    I have an unlocked 950 dual sim in the US. I just got an update at 7:30 central and the firmware version is now 01078.0007.15506.2004
    That has nothing to do with the att branded 950 on that is what this thread is about
    Allen Rhodes likes this.
    01-06-2016 09:14 PM
    That has nothing to do with the att branded 950 on that is what this thread is about
    Yes, I know that kwajr. I was sharing so those here would know. This update is not tied to a carrier.
    01-06-2016 09:39 PM
    Are you running on AT&T?
    01-06-2016 09:44 PM
    Yes, I know that kwajr. I was sharing so those here would know. This update is not tied to a carrier.
    But the thread is
    01-06-2016 10:10 PM
    it's all about support. AT&T is the 1st line of support for their branded devices, to the point of authorizing exchanges and what not. for unlocked and unbranded devices, beyond the basics, they really do not have to support you at all.
    William Sanderson likes this.
    01-06-2016 10:20 PM
    Good point.
    01-06-2016 10:47 PM
    it's all about support. AT&T is the 1st line of support for their branded devices, to the point of authorizing exchanges and what not. for unlocked and unbranded devices, beyond the basics, they really do not have to support you at all.
    Good point.
    01-06-2016 10:48 PM
    No I'm complaining because ATT in the USA ALWAYS get updates and firmware delayed. My Lumia 920 I had for 3 years NEVER even got the last Win 8.1 update or firmware and the updates it did get through the years we were always the last one in the world to get them, sometimes new updates would be out before we got the previous updates. Other countries and carriers celebrate Xmas and New Years yet somehow were able to get these latest updates.

Why is ATT in the USA the LAST to always get updates no matter what time of year it is? Why couldn't MS get everything in one shot like Apple where they control all updates and don't rely on carrier intervention?
    01-07-2016 08:24 AM
    apparently AT&T users are getting it. There's no real pattern to who gets it. My guess is users who are on firmware 15452 will get it first since it has more issues than 15454. I'm on 15454 and haven't received it but noted that other users on my carrier have received it. So no idea how MS is pushing these out.
    Aaron Graves likes this.
    01-07-2016 03:19 PM
    Mine is Canadian Unlocked version, which just got update today, with new firmware 15506.02004 , so I think they finally start to push to North American now.
    Grimlock likes this.
    01-07-2016 03:59 PM

Speaking of know your facts, it's important to know that firmware updates were not labeled the same as the OS updates Microsoft said weren't carrier dependent. You'd probably know this if you read the article on why the 950 and presumably future W10 handsets are not carrier dependent for OS updates, because the software and radio stacks are separate. Firmware is on the same stack as the radio. So basically, you need to read up on your facts and adjust your expectations.
    01-07-2016 04:08 PM
    Mine is Canadian Unlocked version, which just got update today, with new firmware 15506.02004 , so I think they finally start to push to North American now.
    I also received this update last night ,im in the US. Asked this in another thread,but found my answer here.
    Thanks.
    01-07-2016 04:16 PM
261 123 ...