Lumia950 Spotify full control via Car Radio Player?

nospherato

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,
well, like many of us, I'm a spotify user.
In my car I use a Pioneer bluetooth radio player connected to my lumia 950.

I can control the spotify app (play/pause, next track,...) with the radio's control buttons.
When I turn off the car, the track stops playing, when I turn the car on, the playlist/track resumes.
But this only works for like 5-10min.

If the car is turned off like over night etc. and I turn it on, it correctly shows the connection to my phone, but
the spotify app does not continue to resume the playlist (spotify app is still "running" in the background). Even if configured to open the spotify app when the phone is connected to my cars radio player (via gadget app).
--> I need to open the spotify app on my phone, press play there. --> Now it is possible to control it via my radio again.

Any clue how to teach the phone to just "play" when it is connected to the radio and I press play? Or just to continue playing when reconnected?
The spotify app has like all permissions it asks for...
And it seems not to be a problem with my car's radio player, because it's the same story when testing with my bose soundlink...

abogdan

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I have a similar behavior with my bt headset with Groove Music and Lumia 950. Sometimes it resumes the playlist from yesterday using the headset control but sometimes not and I have to press play again from the app. I also have this problem on my older Lumia 920 with WM8.1.
I think there is a BT issues in WM.

Jonnny4

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
No matter what the player seems to time out now. It will also stop working if the phone is restarted. I think they got tired of everyone ******** that they couldn't stop music so they build in a default stop.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99