10.0.10586.63 update

Kryvdynn21

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Funny, I have the opposite problem. I am not an Insider anymore (unenrolled after getting .29 and removed the app from my phone), but I got the new .63 update anyway for some reason. Anyone else experiencing this? I don't mind, I installed it and everything seems about the same on my Lumia 830 on Rogers in Canada. I just don't want to be receiving the future "buggy" Redstone mobile releases when they start coming out. This is my daily driver, and I want it to be stable.

MrEnns

Jan 10, 2016
Visit site
Already? I thought it was going to release next Tuesday. What country are you in? I haven't seen it yet in Canada.

I got the update at 2am Saturday on my Lumis830 here in Canada. I've notice no changes except my phone is slightly more responsive with apps opening quicker.

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Are you on the latest firmware? Because battery is really good. I played games for like 4 hours and flipped between different ones and chat and vids and I still had plenty of juice. Latest firmware and OS.

Hi :) yes, running latest firmware alongside latest fast ring OS. I may have to go down the hard reset route, but I've just got the device to a good place with tile layout, apps working properly, etc and I don't really want to give that up. I know I could do a hard reset and restore from a backup, but I tend to prefer to do a completely fresh reset. I'll live with the battery drain for a bit longer and see if they come up with a solution.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi :) yes, running latest firmware alongside latest fast ring OS. I may have to go down the hard reset route, but I've just got the device to a good place with tile layout, apps working properly, etc and I don't really want to give that up. I know I could do a hard reset and restore from a backup, but I tend to prefer to do a completely fresh reset. I'll live with the battery drain for a bit longer and see if they come up with a solution.

Yah I did a hard reset and just rebuilt everything. You just go to your library in the store and get what you need. It's not that bad really. Sometimes some previous bad os setting from a build may be backed up with your stuff and continue to cause issues. It's the nature of not having the final from the start.

TheChazas

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
Lumia 950 .63 with newest firmware.

Everything seems stable and a little more responsive, but only in OS itself, not in Apps, etc. and Phone make less heat.

When multi-tasking, getting shutters, hangs, and so on, specially when browsing Internet, it is strange, you should not have any performance problems, when you have 3GB of RAM and Hexa-Core processor, have no issues with Lumia 830 on W10M , even 630 on WP8.1.

Battery, on stand-by is very good, but browsing Internet, no matter, Edge, UC Browser, Baconit, YouTube, it literally sucks battery in seconds. From 100% to 60% battery in only not even full 2 hours, with Battery Saving on and Brightness 25%. and nothing else in background.

Is it possible, that installing firmware first, and only then updating from .11 to .36 and now to .63 could caused any problems?

Bar0n

May 28, 2014
Visit site
i'm still on build 10586.29 and every now and then i still have some battery drain and hiss pop sound bug... do you reccomend to enroll to have the latest update? is it worth it?

Bjfcm

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I appreciate the help guys.. I know I cannot be the Only US owner of the AT&T branded Lumia 950 who is in the Insider Preview Program that is NOT getting the .63( Evan though I did receive the .36) :unhappy:[SUB][SUP]
[/SUP][/SUB]

Remember dear friends: United States - 950 - AT&T !!!!- Insider Preview - Soft Re-set - Uninstalled Preview - reinstalled = No .63 update????!!!!

I am happy for all the other devices ,but I will just wait it out. I've done everything I know and took all of your good advise... so thanks again !!

MI. USA

avi_920

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Is it possible, that installing firmware first, and only then updating from .11 to .36 and now to .63 could caused any problems?

I don't think so. Even with the non-insiders build .29, I can never get more than 14hours of battery life, which is much horrible than my 3 year old Lumia 920!

jmagwp

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
The bigger problems I'm still having with x.63 are:
-- random reboots
-- 4k video recording doesn't work, Camera force closes when trying to record in 4k
-- Driving Mode still doesn't work, I have to turn off read text over Bluetooth via Cortana instead of Driving Mode actually ignoring texts
-- Messaging randomly crashes
-- Mailbox folders won't empty and sometimes deleted emails reappear
-- A bunch of other small things that have been reported numerous times
-- And the entire OS and related Microsoft apps lack any consistent design, so let's hope they figure out a design language they want to use

Josh Harman

Banned
Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Funny, I have the opposite problem. I am not an Insider anymore (unenrolled after getting .29 and removed the app from my phone), but I got the new .63 update anyway for some reason. Anyone else experiencing this? I don't mind, I installed it and everything seems about the same on my Lumia 830 on Rogers in Canada. I just don't want to be receiving the future "buggy" Redstone mobile releases when they start coming out. This is my daily driver, and I want it to be stable.

I'm in the same boat. I've checked and double checked that I'm unenrolled in the Insider program but I still got the .63 update. Which, same as you, is fine. I just don't want future buggy builds. Lumia 950

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2015
Visit site
I'm in the same boat. I've checked and double checked that I'm unenrolled in the Insider program but I still got the .63 update. Which, same as you, is fine. I just don't want future buggy builds.

When you enroll the phone is restarted. At that moment is switches servers from the normal ones to the insider ones. The only way to revert this is to reset thru WDRT.

maevinj

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I appreciate the help guys.. I know I cannot be the Only US owner of the AT&T branded Lumia 950 who is in the Insider Preview Program that is NOT getting the .63( Evan though I did receive the .36) :unhappy:[SUB][SUP]
[/SUP][/SUB]

Remember dear friends: United States - 950 - AT&T !!!!- Insider Preview - Soft Re-set - Uninstalled Preview - reinstalled = No .63 update????!!!!

I am happy for all the other devices ,but I will just wait it out. I've done everything I know and took all of your good advise... so thanks again !!

MI. USA

I haven't gotten the .63 update either on my AT&T 950 with the insider preview program.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb