01-30-2016 03:20 PM
90 1234
tools
    I appreciate the help guys.. I know I cannot be the Only US owner of the AT&T branded Lumia 950 who is in the Insider Preview Program that is NOT getting the .63( Evan though I did receive the .36)

Remember dear friends: United States - 950 - AT&T !!!!- Insider Preview - Soft Re-set - Uninstalled Preview - reinstalled = No .63 update????!!!!

I am happy for all the other devices ,but I will just wait it out. I've done everything I know and took all of your good advise... so thanks again !!

MI. USA
    01-10-2016 04:03 PM
    Sadly, speaker Hiss-pop sound is not fixed in .63
    01-10-2016 05:47 PM
    Is it possible, that installing firmware first, and only then updating from .11 to .36 and now to .63 could caused any problems?
    I don't think so. Even with the non-insiders build .29, I can never get more than 14hours of battery life, which is much horrible than my 3 year old Lumia 920!
    01-10-2016 10:10 PM
    For me random reboots have been fixed (for now), and that's a big relief.
    01-11-2016 09:13 AM
    The bigger problems I'm still having with x.63 are:
    -- random reboots
    -- 4k video recording doesn't work, Camera force closes when trying to record in 4k
    -- Driving Mode still doesn't work, I have to turn off read text over Bluetooth via Cortana instead of Driving Mode actually ignoring texts
    -- Messaging randomly crashes
    -- Mailbox folders won't empty and sometimes deleted emails reappear
    -- A bunch of other small things that have been reported numerous times
    -- And the entire OS and related Microsoft apps lack any consistent design, so let's hope they figure out a design language they want to use
    01-11-2016 10:56 AM
    Funny, I have the opposite problem. I am not an Insider anymore (unenrolled after getting .29 and removed the app from my phone), but I got the new .63 update anyway for some reason. Anyone else experiencing this? I don't mind, I installed it and everything seems about the same on my Lumia 830 on Rogers in Canada. I just don't want to be receiving the future "buggy" Redstone mobile releases when they start coming out. This is my daily driver, and I want it to be stable.
    I'm in the same boat. I've checked and double checked that I'm unenrolled in the Insider program but I still got the .63 update. Which, same as you, is fine. I just don't want future buggy builds. Lumia 950
    Last edited by Josh Harman; 01-12-2016 at 02:15 AM.
    01-11-2016 01:57 PM
    I'm in the same boat. I've checked and double checked that I'm unenrolled in the Insider program but I still got the .63 update. Which, same as you, is fine. I just don't want future buggy builds.
    When you enroll the phone is restarted. At that moment is switches servers from the normal ones to the insider ones. The only way to revert this is to reset thru WDRT.
    01-11-2016 07:51 PM
    I appreciate the help guys.. I know I cannot be the Only US owner of the AT&T branded Lumia 950 who is in the Insider Preview Program that is NOT getting the .63( Evan though I did receive the .36)

Remember dear friends: United States - 950 - AT&T !!!!- Insider Preview - Soft Re-set - Uninstalled Preview - reinstalled = No .63 update????!!!!

I am happy for all the other devices ,but I will just wait it out. I've done everything I know and took all of your good advise... so thanks again !!

MI. USA
    I haven't gotten the .63 update either on my AT&T 950 with the insider preview program.
    Bjfcm likes this.
    01-11-2016 10:25 PM
    When you enroll the phone is restarted. At that moment is switches servers from the normal ones to the insider ones. The only way to revert this is to reset thru WDRT.
    What is WDRT?

So the "unenroll" feature in the app is useless? I followed the instructions from a WC article.
    halflifecrysis likes this.
    01-11-2016 10:25 PM
    The recovery tool, which takes the phone back to original OS. So you can't opt in, grab a build and opt out I guess?
    01-11-2016 10:58 PM
    I haven't gotten the .63 update either on my AT&T 950 with the insider preview program.
    God Bless you!! For responding... I thought this Forum Section was for Lumia 950 ... I've read about every model but ... ha ha ha ..

Well I'm going hard Re set and go back to the RTM version ... Maybe I will get the firmware .. Insider and the 950 aren't working nice as I had hoped.. Funny thing is,, I went to At&t because I was tired of updating to 10 with the Insider Program and was very very hesitant coming back.... I should have followed my 1st Mind which was""" Why join an experiment when you just paid for a new phone"""???
    01-11-2016 11:23 PM
    I got the update for my L630 DS. Cheers!
    01-12-2016 05:38 AM
    01-12-2016 06:54 AM
    Hey has anyone installed it on L640. I want to know about the performance and be really sure coz its my daily driver.
    01-12-2016 07:25 AM
    The bigger problems I'm still having with x.63 are:
    -- random reboots
    -- 4k video recording doesn't work, Camera force closes when trying to record in 4k
    -- Driving Mode still doesn't work, I have to turn off read text over Bluetooth via Cortana instead of Driving Mode actually ignoring texts
    -- Messaging randomly crashes
    -- Mailbox folders won't empty and sometimes deleted emails reappear
    -- A bunch of other small things that have been reported numerous times
    -- And the entire OS and related Microsoft apps lack any consistent design, so let's hope they figure out a design language they want to use
    I do not have these problems with .63. I have a Lumia 950 and running smooth. No reboots, 4K video recording works very good ( also the auto-focus)

No crashes, also no problem with mailbox folders (using outlook)

I do not use the driving mode, so can't say anything about that. Will test it.
    01-12-2016 08:29 AM
    hi folks. I have an unlocked UK L950 with 0.63, but no firmware.

The Windows Insider app has now been updated, so if you are in an eligible region you want the updated FM then update the Insider app, leave the program, and you should now see the FM update. You can then rejoin as an Insider if you want to.
    01-12-2016 10:32 AM

MI. USA
    I have the same exact issue, but still on 10586.29. I'm thinking of doing a hard reset. Have you?
    01-13-2016 04:45 PM
    So just an update. I decided to unenrolled from the insiders program. I then used the WRDT and went back to the available OS on there. Then I updated my phone to .29. After that I enrolled in the insiders program and am currently in the process of downloading .63!
    01-15-2016 04:20 PM
    Hi

Anyone fix the Wi.-Fi & Bluetooth concurrently use issue installing this release?
    01-16-2016 06:20 AM
    God Bless you!! For responding... I thought this Forum Section was for Lumia 950 ... I've read about every model but ... ha ha ha ..

Well I'm going hard Re set and go back to the RTM version ... Maybe I will get the firmware .. Insider and the 950 aren't working nice as I had hoped.. Funny thing is,, I went to At&t because I was tired of updating to 10 with the Insider Program and was very very hesitant coming back.... I should have followed my 1st Mind which was""" Why join an experiment when you just paid for a new phone"""???
    I also have the AT&T Lumia 950. I was on the Slow Ring, then yesterday I decided I wanted to try .63 (I have .36 right now) so I switched to Fast Ring, but for some reason it did not pick up the update.

This morning, I tried leaving the program and then registering again with the Fast Ring--still no update.

What is going on here?

Is it possible that for AT&T Lumia 950 MS is waiting for firmware update approval from AT&T before deploying .63 OS update to the phones (maybe they play better together)?
    01-16-2016 07:45 AM

Is it possible that for AT&T Lumia 950 MS is waiting for firmware update approval from AT&T before deploying .63 OS update to the phones (maybe they play better together)?
    Doubt it, as my at&t 950 is on .63, but I jumped from .29. I just installed the insider app a few days ago.
    01-16-2016 11:20 AM
    Hello,

On my Lumia 950XL. suddenly I cannot connect to any Bluetooth device!
    Last edited by Dr.Nitun; 01-17-2016 at 07:15 PM.
    01-16-2016 05:45 PM
    Agreed, Hello is much more responsive, works better at different angles and is definitely faster.

Battery drain is still a big issue for me though. My 950 drains out in about 5 hours, and that's with virtually no use. I was hoping this update would fix it.
    If you use Skype...There was mention of setting the skype app to off and that helped the battery drain issue.
    I do not use skype and my battery drain is about 18 hours right now and on .36 build
    01-17-2016 10:10 PM
    Hi

Anyone fix the Wi.-Fi & Bluetooth concurrently use issue installing this release?
    The latest firmware update addresses those having the Bluetooth connectivity issues.
    You can read about the FW update here http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/m...c-afbdd9f6e9cc
    01-17-2016 10:13 PM
    I also have the AT&T Lumia 950. I was on the Slow Ring, then yesterday I decided I wanted to try .63 (I have .36 right now) so I switched to Fast Ring, but for some reason it did not pick up the update.

This morning, I tried leaving the program and then registering again with the Fast Ring--still no update.

What is going on here?

Opened The Recovery tool ....Updated.... I connected my 950 ... it was recognized...then it gave me an ERROR MESSAGE!!!

I TRIED IT 3 TIME... 3 Strikes your out... I even unenrolled in the Windows Preview ( now that it has allowed us to re join without a re-set) ... So I'm leaving well enough alone... ( Sad) I really Love Windows Mobile.... But I don't like Android or IOS... so ...I don't know what to do ... its reall
    01-17-2016 10:14 PM
90 1234