Battery life in L950

MSWPLUMIA2016

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
On my L950 (with AT&T, running .29), 62% of the battery usage is by the Display, according to the battery app. WiFi, Cellular, etc. are all around 3%. So the 564 ppi screen seems to be the main battery hog. Not much to be done there I guess. I do love the display clarity - I can read text on the tiles very easily and don't have to open the App most of the time.

flitzpiepe666

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
Thats true, of course... a smaller Resolution with a Windows 10 running nearly as effective as win 8.1 would have caused an Amazing battery time ;)
But also with that Display (i have in on 25% automatic) you can get real good battery life.
Just set my new record: 45 hours, so nearly 2 days. Light use, of course, but it was not just in standby.
Wifi, Lte, GPS and Glance Screen always on, downladed the 6Tag updates during that, some whatsapp conversations, took some German-Winter Pictures,..
So I can say: 36 hours with normal use is absolutely possible! If you have no Chance to Charge and mainly want to be accessible - the Lumia 950 can run 2 full days!

45h.jpg

Tim McDonald2

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
I have just had a new Lumia 950 and totally agree the battery life is completely useless definitely the worse of any mobile I have had.

Even after turning all apps off that i am not using on a regular basis this has only partially helped.

I am going to see if I can get my old phone back (Lumia 925) which was far far better for what is a similar phone.

Dec 26, 2015
Visit site
My battery was loosing 3% per hour on idle. That number was constant, no matter what firmware or version of the OS i had.
After trying some things, I read in a post that logging out of skype video is a huge battery saver. I did that and my battery dropped to 1% per hour on idle.

Aamod Potdar

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Thats true, of course... a smaller Resolution with a Windows 10 running nearly as effective as win 8.1 would have caused an Amazing battery time ;)
But also with that Display (i have in on 25% automatic) you can get real good battery life.
Just set my new record: 45 hours, so nearly 2 days. Light use, of course, but it was not just in standby.
Wifi, Lte, GPS and Glance Screen always on, downladed the 6Tag updates during that, some whatsapp conversations, took some German-Winter Pictures,..
So I can say: 36 hours with normal use is absolutely possible! If you have no Chance to Charge and mainly want to be accessible - the Lumia 950 can run 2 full days!

View attachment 120724

Wow. That is simply amazing. Here I am still struggling to get past 18 hrs mark ;) Are you sure you've got 3000 mAh battery? I am sure it must be 5000mAh.

I got a new Nano SIM card today after I read that new SIM card might help. Previous one was Micro SIM trimmed to Nano SIM size. Lets see if new SIM helps.

Other than that I am on .63 insiders build. Not sure if that's affecting battery.

MindtakerWP

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Thats definatly true for me..
fully charged yesterday 9:30 pm, 24 hours later I was at 49% - and normally I use more Battery on Weekend days.
So for "light users" 48 hours should be absolutely possible

Yesterday I used it with "normal use" and had one day with 49% remaining.
No WhatsApp but I have "Hello", "Hey Cortana" and Location on.

0BiEyRQ.jpg

smartass1379

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Are you guys on the latest firmware? ATT lumia 950 on Build .63 is getting about 5-6 hours with moderate use. I've had the phone for about 3 weeks and have replaced it 3 times because of battery life but I'm assuming its not the phone since its a constant issue. Any advice? I have tried to sign out of Skype video but it wont keep the changes

boneycat

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm on AT&T build .36. I'm currently at 27hrs since last charge with 39% remaining. I did stream about 2 hours worth of music yesterday besides misc calls and a fair number of texts yesterday. I don't game on my phone.

farhanmohd

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
My 950 battery is draining extremely fast (~ 2 hrs standby backup) with two SIM cards (yes, I have a 950 Dual SIM) activated. The phone feels extremely hot. The moment I put my phone on "flight mode", battery drain gets drastically reduced and also the phone starts running cooler. What could be the issue? I am running 10586.0 build of Windows 10.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

smartass1379

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
You are lucky to be getting that great of battery life. I unplugged my phone at 11:33 AM and it is now 245 PM and the battery has discharged to 69% from 100 with extremely light usage. Its currently discarching at 23 % and I've checked battery saver and according to that the 84% is in use and 15.8 is in background. Funny thing is, only thing using background is Messaging + Skype and I've already logged out of Skype.
Running out of ideas! any suggestions?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss