Migrating HERE MAPS favorites from Lumia 920 to MAPS on Lumia 950

flair77

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
To be honest, one of the most important factors I've held on to Nokia all these years was because of offline maps, GPS and awesome voice navigation. And I've assumed this would carry on into the new Lumia 950 - while all the Samsung and iPhone folks in my car whine and wonder how I navigate without an internet connection.

However, I can not find a way to migrate my map favorites from my L920 to L950. Please please please tell me there's a way.

Btw, even the voice navigation on the L950 is done by a strange robotic female voice. How can I download a new voice/language like the good old days?

Last edited:

jeetu4444

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Even maps are offline in Lumia 950...
And language depends on your phone...download diff person sound
I think once u login with your Microsoft account all old fav are saved in maps...mine works like that

EMitchell

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Btw, even the voice navigation on the L950 is done by a retarded robotic female voice. How can I download a new voice/language like the good old days?

I've looked for this as well, so far haven't found a way to change the voice / language for the navigation. That was a feature I loved with Here on my Lumia 830 (and all others).

cracgor

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Why not just use Google maps? You can even select which area of the map you want to download... Not just by state and region? Favorites even sink in the browser that way.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

TexasLabRat

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
I don't think there's an automated way to migrate from HERE to Maps. You can access your HERE favorites from the website and get the "map code" that you can plug into the Maps app one by one for the location. But the description and other info isn't included. From what I can tell it's a mostly 1-by-1 manual process. There might be some way to use a Nokia phone to extract the Here favorites database or something, but I haven't researched it.

flair77

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Wow... as an avid Nokia fan even through its dying years, this is an #epicfail. Had I known this earlier, would've definitely not bought a new L950 and stayed with my L920 for a few more months.

The idea was to use maps in offline mode (without internet) and my saved places (aka favorites) while driving. Yes, I know there's google maps and other 1000 applications but non comparable to maps we had in Nokia.

I'm honestly surprised there's not many missing their old map favorites...

p51mustang

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
The idea was to use maps in offline mode (without internet) and my saved places (aka favorites) while driving. Yes, I know there's google maps and other 1000 applications but non comparable to maps we had in Nokia..

Of course there is the MS Maps app that comes as standard with W10M. It also allows for offline voice-guided directions, just the same as Here Maps and Drive. Apart from having the option of choosing multiple routes and telling me which side of the street the address is, I much prefer Here Drive+.

I side-loaded Here Maps on my 950 in order to access my favourites.

InsGadget

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
There is no Google Maps on Windows Mobile, so that is a nonstarter. Don't think there is any automated way to transfer from HERE to Bing Maps; spent about an hour manually doing mine and haven't looked back. HERE has only mentioned Android and iOS recently, and I suspect they dislike MS based off the Nokia purchase, and therefore won't be supporting Windows any time soon (just a guess; maybe they are more professional than I am giving them credit for). Please don't use words like "retarded".

charliekrad

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Go to Settings>System>Offline Maps>Download maps.

Now for favourites on your pc, it is not an easy solution but sign into here.com and get your list of favourites up. Same with maps.bing.com, sign in with the same Microsoft Account that you are signed in with your phone. Click on My Places, now you are going to have to add all your favourites from Here maps to bing maps. Unfortunately it will take time but it can be done.

SL2

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Try it, it lets me sign in.
Didn't work, I think it has something about Nokia shutting down accounts when selling Here last year or so. I never noticed that happening, and now my favorites are out of reach... or is there a solution for this?

Alexander Long

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Why don't you just use HERE map and drive on 950 too? I have them on my phone, all I need to do is restore my Lumia 830 backup from onedrive when initial setting up of the phone (Lumia950), and I got all the apps I used from my older phone.

charliekrad

May 19, 2012
Visit site
If you’ve used our smartphone apps, you’ve probably already done this
Well then you probably have already done it, are you sure you are signing in with the correct details, are you even signed into the app at all?

SL2

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Well then you probably have already done it, are you sure you are signing in with the correct details, are you even signed into the app at all?
I know for sure that I never changed account. I use the favorites rarely, and had no use for it during spring 2015 because I wasn't traveling.

I missed the deadline.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12