05-20-2016 12:47 PM
32 12
tools
    To be honest, one of the most important factors I've held on to Nokia all these years was because of offline maps, GPS and awesome voice navigation. And I've assumed this would carry on into the new Lumia 950 - while all the Samsung and iPhone folks in my car whine and wonder how I navigate without an internet connection.

However, I can not find a way to migrate my map favorites from my L920 to L950. Please please please tell me there's a way.

Btw, even the voice navigation on the L950 is done by a strange robotic female voice. How can I download a new voice/language like the good old days?
    Last edited by flair77; 01-17-2016 at 04:36 AM.
    01-11-2016 02:12 AM
    Even maps are offline in Lumia 950...
    And language depends on your phone...download diff person sound
    I think once u login with your Microsoft account all old fav are saved in maps...mine works like that
    01-11-2016 02:59 AM
    Well I am logged in on Maps. Don't see any favorites or any option to sync them...
    01-11-2016 03:41 AM
    Btw, even the voice navigation on the L950 is done by a retarded robotic female voice. How can I download a new voice/language like the good old days?
    I've looked for this as well, so far haven't found a way to change the voice / language for the navigation. That was a feature I loved with Here on my Lumia 830 (and all others).
    01-11-2016 07:26 AM
    Why not just use Google maps? You can even select which area of the map you want to download... Not just by state and region? Favorites even sink in the browser that way.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    01-11-2016 09:21 AM
    I don't think there's an automated way to migrate from HERE to Maps. You can access your HERE favorites from the website and get the "map code" that you can plug into the Maps app one by one for the location. But the description and other info isn't included. From what I can tell it's a mostly 1-by-1 manual process. There might be some way to use a Nokia phone to extract the Here favorites database or something, but I haven't researched it.
    InsGadget likes this.
    01-12-2016 01:46 AM
    Wow... as an avid Nokia fan even through its dying years, this is an #epicfail. Had I known this earlier, would've definitely not bought a new L950 and stayed with my L920 for a few more months.

The idea was to use maps in offline mode (without internet) and my saved places (aka favorites) while driving. Yes, I know there's google maps and other 1000 applications but non comparable to maps we had in Nokia.

I'm honestly surprised there's not many missing their old map favorites...
    Tom Snyder likes this.
    01-12-2016 05:38 AM
    Rumours are that here maps are coming to w10m eventually. Don't know what's holding then back.
    01-12-2016 06:08 AM
    The idea was to use maps in offline mode (without internet) and my saved places (aka favorites) while driving. Yes, I know there's google maps and other 1000 applications but non comparable to maps we had in Nokia..
    Of course there is the MS Maps app that comes as standard with W10M. It also allows for offline voice-guided directions, just the same as Here Maps and Drive. Apart from having the option of choosing multiple routes and telling me which side of the street the address is, I much prefer Here Drive+.

I side-loaded Here Maps on my 950 in order to access my favourites.
    01-13-2016 03:13 AM
    There is no Google Maps on Windows Mobile, so that is a nonstarter. Don't think there is any automated way to transfer from HERE to Bing Maps; spent about an hour manually doing mine and haven't looked back. HERE has only mentioned Android and iOS recently, and I suspect they dislike MS based off the Nokia purchase, and therefore won't be supporting Windows any time soon (just a guess; maybe they are more professional than I am giving them credit for). Please don't use words like "retarded".
    01-13-2016 04:11 PM
    Go to Settings>System>Offline Maps>Download maps.

Now for favourites on your pc, it is not an easy solution but sign into here.com and get your list of favourites up. Same with maps.bing.com, sign in with the same Microsoft Account that you are signed in with your phone. Click on My Places, now you are going to have to add all your favourites from Here maps to bing maps. Unfortunately it will take time but it can be done.
    01-13-2016 05:13 PM
    Now for favourites on your pc, it is not an easy solution but sign into here.com and get your list of favourites up.
    I haven't been able to sign in to here for ages, does it still work?
    01-13-2016 05:22 PM
    just install here drive+ on your 950. you can get it via sysapp updater.
    SL2 likes this.
    01-13-2016 05:24 PM
    I haven't been able to sign in to here for ages, does it still work?
    Try it, it lets me sign in.
    SL2 likes this.
    01-13-2016 05:32 PM
    Try it, it lets me sign in.
    Didn't work, I think it has something about Nokia shutting down accounts when selling Here last year or so. I never noticed that happening, and now my favorites are out of reach... or is there a solution for this?
    01-13-2016 05:35 PM
    Why don't you just use HERE map and drive on 950 too? I have them on my phone, all I need to do is restore my Lumia 830 backup from onedrive when initial setting up of the phone (Lumia950), and I got all the apps I used from my older phone.
    01-13-2016 09:59 PM
    Didn't work, I think it has something about Nokia shutting down accounts when selling Here last year or so. I never noticed that happening, and now my favorites are out of reach... or is there a solution for this?
    A visual guide to migrating from a Nokia account to a HERE account - HERE 360

:)
    01-14-2016 03:11 PM
    Too late.

If you’ve used our smartphone apps, you’ve probably already done this. If you haven’t, though, now is your last chance – you’ll have up until April 24th to do so.
    01-14-2016 05:02 PM
    If you’ve used our smartphone apps, you’ve probably already done this
    Well then you probably have already done it, are you sure you are signing in with the correct details, are you even signed into the app at all?
    01-14-2016 05:38 PM
    Well then you probably have already done it, are you sure you are signing in with the correct details, are you even signed into the app at all?
    I know for sure that I never changed account. I use the favorites rarely, and had no use for it during spring 2015 because I wasn't traveling.

I missed the deadline.
    01-14-2016 06:09 PM
    So I just remembered that I had my old N8 with me as a spare navigator on a road trip in California.
    It turns out that the favorites are still there! Now there may be no easy way to transfer them to Windows, but I'm just happy to find them. :D

Edit: It took me a couple of minutes to find an app (Lmmanager) and export the favorites from the phone. If I'm able to do it with this old OS it wouldn't surprise me if there's a solution for WP as well.
    Last edited by SL2; 01-14-2016 at 07:07 PM.
    01-14-2016 06:24 PM
    I think you are going to have to enter them manually for now on maps.bing.com.
    01-15-2016 02:11 AM

I side-loaded Here Maps on my 950 in order to access my favourites.
    Can you explain how you did this please.
    01-15-2016 05:22 PM
    Can you explain how you did this please.
    [Interop][Windows 10 Mobile] How to install … | Windows 10 Development and Hacking
    Griffinx likes this.
    01-15-2016 11:29 PM
    There is no Google Maps on Windows Mobile, so that is a nonstarter. Don't think there is any automated way to transfer from HERE to Bing Maps; spent about an hour manually doing mine and haven't looked back. HERE has only mentioned Android and iOS recently, and I suspect they dislike MS based off the Nokia purchase, and therefore won't be supporting Windows any time soon (just a guess; maybe they are more professional than I am giving them credit for). Please don't use words like "retarded".
    HERE has been bought by a consortium of car manufacturers, so I don't think any such "feelings" come into it to be honest.

Windows Maps uses HERE data, so there is that.

In regards to favourites I can't really say as I'm no longer using WM10 on my 920 as the battery on my 920 is literally several hours on standby. I get slightly longer charge to charge time on WP8.1 compared to WM10. Otherwise I'd be using the insider preview.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    01-17-2016 05:26 PM
32 12