USB-C Charging faulty / no stock to return

YKinase

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
L950 DS, unlocked, US. Original firmware, latest OS (Insider)
This weekend I noticed my phone wasn't charging on the Microsoft charger. I pulled the plug, plugged it back in and the phone froze. Unplugged and it was back. Plugged it in again and it started charging and about 3 minutes later, it resets then gets stuck in the reset/reboot loop. Pull the battery, restart. Plug in the charger again and it doesn't do anything. Flip over the charger (yes, they're supposed to go in either way) and it starts charging. I've not had this problem since purchasing it Nov 18th.

Today, it doesn't charge on my car charger, which worked flawlessly since day 1. It will charge on the Microsoft charger as long as it is turned correctly, so not all is lost. It's not the case blocking it - I took it off as one of the first tests.

I called MS store where I purchased the device. They have no inventory and no information about when they will get more inventory. Super. They have plenty of AT&T devices.

Really should have gone with the AT&T device, despite the $50 price increase. I'm not getting firmware updates (not just because I'm an insider, they're not available yet for my variant I guess). Massive PITA.

YKinase

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
So what happens if you roll back your OS?

Right - I've not done that yet. I would be surprised if the OS was responsible for requiring me to flip the USB-C cable in order to charge, but who knows with this phone.

I am waiting for the new firmware to become available before doing yet another hard reset. US on AT&T unlocked, checking with WDRT. I'm an insider so if they eventually publish the firmware update to the insider server, that would work too.

With battery drain issues, unstable 5GHz WiFi (AC) and now just experiencing problems just charging the phone, I thought a new device might help. It seems some people don't have problems with the 950, so perhaps it's some faulty devices.

Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos