Feel weird having to ask where this is, but I don't see it. How I do I change what the "Default" notification sound is? I'm not trying to one-off change the apps, I just want to globally switch the sound all apps set to "Default" use.
    01-17-2016 10:20 PM
    You go to notifications, click on the items that give them like say Facebook or email and click on that item. You then can choose a sound for it.

So you can have all kinds of notification sounds per incoming source/app.
    01-17-2016 11:08 PM
    There is a bug where it will default to the default sound by itself, regardless of what custom tune you assign it to. this happens without warning, but always after a reboot. try it on fb messenger. It will always default to Neo.
    01-18-2016 01:05 AM
    So nowhere is there a place I can change what 'Default' is? I expected it to be with Ringtone, something like "Default Notification Sound' or something of that nature.
    01-18-2016 06:18 PM
    There is a bug where it will default to the default sound by itself, regardless of what custom tune you assign it to. this happens without warning, but always after a reboot. try it on fb messenger. It will always default to Neo.
    +1 this. I dont know if its a bug or not but I had one "default" for WhatsApp but in there for one contact I set a different one. It worked for a while but I did something and since then everyone gets "default" one
    01-18-2016 06:37 PM
    So nowhere is there a place I can change what 'Default' is? I expected it to be with Ringtone, something like "Default Notification Sound' or something of that nature.
    Go to Systems, personalization, Sounds, Manage App sounds. U can make changes to the default. But like I said, it won't stick. Will get the new tune for a while, and will go back to default by itself or after you reboot.
    01-18-2016 09:07 PM
    Go to Systems, personalization, Sounds, Manage App sounds. U can make changes to the default. But like I said, it won't stick. Will get the new tune for a while, and will go back to default by itself or after you reboot.
    But that is per-app, I'm looking for the global setting. Somewhere there is something that says 'Default' = 'Windows Reminder', that is what I want to change.
    01-18-2016 09:15 PM
    Microsoft hasn't given us the ability to customize the system wide default. The only way I could see doing it would be to gain root access and trick the OS (i.e. Changing the name of the tone you want to use to the name of the default one). We should be able to do this via the UI but it hasn't happened yet and I doubt we ever will be able to.
    01-18-2016 09:27 PM
    Microsoft hasn't given us the ability to customize the system wide default. The only way I could see doing it would be to gain root access and trick the OS (i.e. Changing the name of the tone you want to use to the name of the default one). We should be able to do this via the UI but it hasn't happened yet and I doubt we ever will be able to.
    Well that's a bummer, I don't want to go through all my apps just so I can change my sound. Oh well.
    01-18-2016 10:20 PM