Focus Hunting

Dante X

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
My Lumia 950 is having really bad "focus hunting" issues when recording video in lowlight. Anyone else having this problem?

My firmware is: 01078.00017.15452.59003

You know if the new firmware update fixes this? I use my phone to record a lot of videos on low light or indoor, and this issue is driving me crazy!!!

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
AT&T or unlocked 950? the latest firmware supposedly fixed it (from what I hear, no clue if it did or not), at&T 950's are still waiting for that firmware.

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
then you are not alone in the wait.... i didn't notice the issue until a CES event....it's annoying to say the least.

Dec 26, 2015
Visit site
The latest firmware (01078.00027.15506.02014) fixes the following
New firmware update for Lumia 950/950 XL: - Microsoft Community
  • 1. Stability and performance improvements.
  • 2. Improvements for SD memory card support.
  • 3. Improvements for automatic display brightness settings.
  • 4. Fix for a camera problem that was causing noisy images in low-light conditions for some users.
  • 5. Fix for a 4K video problem that was causing stripes to show up while playing back recorded videos for some users.

I can confirm that it fixed the 4th and the 5th for me. Especially in low-light it needs further improvements, but it is much better.

If you are on insider program you need to un-enroll before getting the firmware update.

Dante X

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
The latest firmware (01078.00027.15506.02014) fixes the following
New firmware update for Lumia 950/950 XL: - Microsoft Community
  • 1. Stability and performance improvements.
  • 2. Improvements for SD memory card support.
  • 3. Improvements for automatic display brightness settings.
  • 4. Fix for a camera problem that was causing noisy images in low-light conditions for some users.
  • 5. Fix for a 4K video problem that was causing stripes to show up while playing back recorded videos for some users.

I can confirm that it fixed the 4th and the 5th for me. Especially in low-light it needs further improvements, but it is much better.

If you are on insider program you need to un-enroll before getting the firmware update.

So, fixes noisy images and video too?

Dec 26, 2015
Visit site
So, fixes noisy images and video too?

Yes.

Not anymore according to Dan, at 9:24:

I didn't see that before but he doesn't say anything different.
He says hop out of the insider program, get the update and hop in again.

The thing is, the only way to hop out at the moment is to un-enroll.
Later maybe they will offer an option to do this without un-enroll but for now there is no other way (if you don't want to lose data that is).

Dante X

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Yes.

I didn't see that before but he doesn't say anything different.
He says hop out of the insider program, get the update and hop in again.

The thing is, the only way to hop out at the moment is to un-enroll.
Later maybe they will offer an option to do this without un-enroll but for now there is no other way (if you don't want to lose data that is).

Thanks a lot!! I hope I receive the new firmware soon!! :)

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
I think it's possible to uninstall the Insider app at any time.

of course you can uninstall the app at any time... just make sure you leave the insider program 1st, as that will reprovision your phone to get regular updates. if you don't, you are still in the insider program, just without the app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium