Lumia 950 Bluetooth A2DP and Rosen Universal 2DIN car multimedia unit, can I get some help?

orbsitron

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site
Lumia 950 Bluetooth A2DP and Rosen Universal 2DIN car multimedia unit

Hello! Has anyone used a Lumia 950 with a Rosen Universal 2DIN car multimedia unit (I'm too new to this forum to post links but search for "Rosen Universal 2DIN" and you'll find the official page)?

I was able to get my Lumia 950 to pair via Bluetooth and the phone functions (calling, texting, Cortana, etc.) work well via the steering wheel controls or the Rosen UI, but the A2DP (music playback) is not quite functioning properly.

I can control music playback (pause, play, skip), via A2DP using the steering wheel controls or the Rosen UI but the playback comes out of the phone's speaker not the car's. Also, on the Lumia's Bluetooth screen, I see "connected, voice" under Rosen but not "connected, voice, music" as I expected.

I haven't had any trouble with previous car Bluetooth systems or Bluetooth headsets, so I don't think it's a Lumia issue. That said, I haven't been able to find anything in the form of a workaround or firmware update searching the Rosen website.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions!

dashrendar

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
Re: Lumia 950 Bluetooth A2DP and Rosen Universal 2DIN car multimedia unit

Just to let you know, A2DP is for audio streaming and AVRCP is for remote control. What seems to be working for you is AVRCP since you can pause, play and skip tracks.

Regarding playback, something tells me there is an extra setup step with the Rosen Universal 2DIN. On their page, it says they use Parrot Bluetooth Hands-Free. I went to see other Parrot devices, and in one example, to get audio streaming to work, there were instructions like this:
If you are using a Bluetooth audio player for the 1st time, you have to pair both devices. ► Refer to the Pairing a phone section.
 If both devices are already paired :
1. Press the jog wheel and select Settings > Bluetooth > Paired devices.
2. Choose an audio player and press the jog wheel.
3. Select Play Bluetooth audio.
4. Get back to main menu and select Audio Bluetooth.
5. Start playing a song on your audio player.

Does any of this make sense for your Rosen Universal 2DIN?

dashrendar

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site

Just to let you know, A2DP is for audio streaming and AVRCP is for remote control. What seems to be working for you is AVRCP since you can pause, play and skip tracks.

Regarding playback, something tells me there is an extra setup step with the Rosen Universal 2DIN. On their page, it says they use Parrot Bluetooth Hands-Free. I went to see other Parrot devices, and in one example, to get audio streaming to work, there were instructions like this:
If you are using a Bluetooth audio player for the 1st time, you have to pair both devices. ► Refer to the Pairing a phone section.
 If both devices are already paired :
1. Press the jog wheel and select Settings > Bluetooth > Paired devices.
2. Choose an audio player and press the jog wheel.
3. Select Play Bluetooth audio.
4. Get back to main menu and select Audio Bluetooth.
5. Start playing a song on your audio player.

Does any of this make sense for your Rosen Universal 2DIN?

orbsitron

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site

Thanks, Dashrendar. Unfortunately, there isn't a way to pair a second device for the same phone. Once a device is paired the options are "connect" and "delete". Trying to pair the same phone again results in connecting to the previously paired device.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077