Loving the phone to every bits. The back cover is somewhat not premium and I hear creaking sound when pressed with little force. The buttons on right of chassis also don't feel very premium. Otherwise the phone is very good. I am coming from a Lumia 1020 which served me very well for two years. A couple of questions 1) Should I install Windows Insider to get Fast Updates or stick with the default settings. 2) What are the best camera settings for Auto mode? Should I use 8MP or 19MP resolution. I see pictures coming a little darker than actual scene. Also, there is a huge amount of over sharpening in pictures. Whilst it looks good for landscape photos but portraits are spoiled. Anyway to fix that. Thank you community members for your expert opinion so far.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    Attached Thumbnails 64183.jpg  
    01-21-2016 12:13 AM
    I would join the insider program and get the latest OS build. It is definitely better than stock. Also, be sure to go to the store and update all your applications periodically, since they have been improved since the day 1 release.
    And... if you are lucky enough... get the latest firmware (I think you have to get the firmware update before you enroll into the insider program).
    Good luck... and enjoy.
    farhanmohd likes this.
    01-21-2016 11:02 AM
    I would join the insider program and get the latest OS build. It is definitely better than stock. Also, be sure to go to the store and update all your applications periodically, since they have been improved since the day 1 release.
    And... if you are lucky enough... get the latest firmware (I think you have to get the firmware update before you enroll into the insider program).
    Good luck... and enjoy.
    Thank you JOPL :) Following your footsteps. I am missing my 1020. I still feel it had beast of a camera.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    01-21-2016 11:27 AM
    The first thing I would do is to check for updates and update the firmware first. I would then update all apps from the store, configure the home screen to my liking and use the phone this way for a couple of days.

Regarding 8 MP vs 19 MP check out this article Windows 10 Camera: Oversampled vs full resolution vs RAW
    01-22-2016 04:35 AM