Lumia 950 huge screen calibration problem. Please test and post results.

MindtakerWP

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Well to a good screen yes, 0-3 are seen as black, although in reality only 0 is pute black. The eye simply cannot see a difference. I mean on any other display I cannot see the number within (all numbers are pure black) the first 6 cells.

Do you have problems with videos on the 735? You shouldn't have....

Sent from mTalk

Can't check for me in this moment, my friend says he doesn't note anything.

Same issue on Icon, N8 and C7.

Other test:

FileDownloadHandler.ashx

1020:

iFvAFWn.jpg

Last edited:

abogdan

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 920:
WP_20160215_21_31_10_Pro_LI1.jpg

Lumia 950:
WP_20160215_21_11_36_Pro.jpg
WP_20160215_21_12_03_Pro.jpg
With this settings the block 3 is not any more red/brown but the jump of the gradient from block no 4 is still too evident.

Last edited:

cristixxxlog

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
@Cosmyc
LOL... that would beat Jobs's "you're holding it wrong" excuse :))))))

now seriously, the 950 has a screen calibration problem. The XL so far doesn't, meaning at least videos look as it should.
I want the same XL screen rendering on my regular 950. Nothing more, nothing less.

After the Redstone first build and the next firmware update, if this problem is still there, it goes back to service and I will not get it unless it has the screen fixed (replaced screen/phone). If that doesn't work, then money back and XL then. One way or the other...

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
It appears that the display driver cannot be loaded.
I've entered into Device Manager on PC with the 950 on developer mode (Device Portal) and we have a "Microsoft Basic Display Driver" with "ProblemCode : 31" - I.e.: windows cannot load the driver.

View attachment 122208

This might be a cause for our problem with the screen....

Basic Driver? This is your answer for all the issues and low graphic performance. There should be a decent driver for the GPU, not a generic one. Why there is none? I do not know...

cristixxxlog

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
Yes, it can be the problem. The thing is, the XL has the same problem, but that one behaves good.
Now maybe XL's panel is better calibrated from factory and doesn't need further calibration in drivers... I really do not know....
And looks like nobody from MSFT gives a s***t...

MindtakerWP

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Yes, it can be the problem. The thing is, the XL has the same problem, but that one behaves good.
Now maybe XL's panel is better calibrated from factory and doesn't need further calibration in drivers... I really do not know....
And looks like nobody from MSFT gives a s***t...

2 Microsoft employees comment on reddit when new build is released. We can try...

https://www.reddit.com/user/jenmsft is one.

cristixxxlog

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
I've tried twice allready on Twitter with Gabe Aul and Daniel Rubino (not MS employee but editor in chief here) and they both simply ignore my questions. Either MS knows and is trying to fix it without noise or they do not care.
I also sent emails with this to like 7-8 big online sites in this area (GsmArena, PhoneArena, Windows Central, WinBeta, WMPoweruser, All About Windows Phones, The Verge, Engadget, Poketnow). Only GsmArena wrote a blog post about this, the rest just ignored....

But it is not a long shot contacting those floks on Reddit too. Hope never dies :)

Amir Shiri

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Also, when watching DareDevil on Netflix, there are a lot of completely black section, where they should obviously be grey. That drove me nuts.

FrenchLumia950

Jan 26, 2016
Visit site
Hello,
the latest Windows 10 Mobile build 14267 (insider fast ring Lumia 950) seems to have solved a big part of the problem on my phone.
Your video (Superman vs Batman) was unwatchable for me too but now it's good (not really good, but much better) .
I have no pixelation in dark scenes even though the black gradations are not faithful to me.
I tested all my other videos and compared with my other phones (Nexus 6 and Note 3) and have almost the same thing.
sorry for not doing tested as requested but I 'm lazy and it seems to me so obvious as problem...
Anyway now I really think they know the problem and they are working on it (probably thanks (?) to people like you, so you have all my respect).
That was just to make a comeback after the change I 've seen .
Peace from France

cristixxxlog

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
@FrenchLumia950

For me look like it is the same, at least in the same videos. Nothing changed.
Does someone else updated to the new Insider Build and had better calibration?

Thanks

crabby2004

May 29, 2014
Visit site
There was a new firmward released last week? Mine's on 01078.00038.16025.39010. Haven't had a chance to check it yet, but the kids were happy with minions yesterday.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre