Should I switch to AT&T and get a Lumia 950?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

should i switch to att and get a lumia 950

I am currently using an android phone, I was thinking of switching to the lumia 950. Is the lumia 950 from ATT worth the switch? Or should I stay with android and get an HTC A9? any suggestion would be appreciated?

Adrian

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: should i switch to att and get a lumia 950

I would recommend that you get a Lumia 640 and try it out. It is dirt cheap $48 from Best Buy and free to unlock and use it on T-Mobile before you decide that WindowsPhone is for you. Good luck.

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Re: Should I switch to AT&T and get a Lumia 950?

I can only suggest moving to AT&T if your employer has a FAN account. Then, linking your account gives you a few benefits, like a % off your bill, or shorter contract periods (or both and more)

Also, I'd suggest going for an unlocked single sim 950 (they do exist!) as then you can get all the fun things like visual voicemail and not have to wait for AT&T (or your carrier of choice) to approve firmware updates.

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

No. Wait to see if Windows 10 gets updated substantially and actually grows into a quality OS. It might also make sense to wait and see if the OS starts capturing meaningful market share.

If you want more of a hands on experience then buy a cheap model and see how that goes. Or maybe wait for the 650 which looks quite nice. Hopefully Windows 10 will be much improved by the time that phone launches.

jbowyer1

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site

I would recommend that you get a Lumia 640 and try it out. It is dirt cheap $48 from Best Buy and free to unlock and use it on T-Mobile before you decide that WindowsPhone is for you

As someone that owns both of these phones, an AT&T 950 and 640, I completely concur with this suggestion. The 640 is the best value-for-dollar phone on the market, IMO, and offers 90% of the W10M experience from the 950. It's a great way to dip your toes in the W10M water at very little cost.

I also unlocked my AT&T GoPhone 640 via AT&T's unlock request web page (https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/?#/) with no hassle; they emailed the unlock code a few days after I submitted my request.

It's also $48 at Amazon or Walmart right now.

CraigCole

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site

Definitely a NO on the 950; it's ABSOLUTELY NOT WORTH THE MONEY. As Windows 10 Mobile evolves it could become a decent handset (mine has been awful thus far) but my advice is to stay faaaaaaaaaar away from this train wreck. However, if you're curious about Windows Phone grab a 640 as several others have suggested. That's a great way to start.

winboy

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site

Yes, get a 950 or even better yet the 950 XL. I got my 950 XL since day one and never regretted it. Why go for lo end when you can go hi end and enjoy all the newer features?

cheesemoo

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site

Exactly what everyone has posted. My 950 is leagues behind the 1520 I had to put down. The lag and battery life are the two things that drive me crazy. It even lags typing on the keyboard. The keyboard? It renders nice graphics on intense games fine, but the keyboard apparently is too much for the phone to handle..... I have to fully charge it 4 times a day. It does charge super fast though.

Don't worry I had a nice service for my 1520.

fly_branch

May 29, 2014
Visit site

At&t is sending me a new 950. This one gets way too hot when cellular data is on, battery drains when cellular data is on, and has too many Bluetooth problems. I will keep sending them back until they fix it. It is just as easy as resetting my current one

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss