In late 2014 I became frustrated with the lack of new WP hardware and jumped ship back to iOS and Android. I spent most of 2015 with a Note 4 and IPhone 6+. When the Note 5 became available I ditched the N4 and 6+ and went all in with the N5. Well I recently got a little bored with the Note and decided to try a HTC M8 WP since it is the only higher end WP I haven't owned. I've had it a few weeks and it has reminded me why I prefer WP over the other two. So, now I've ordered a 950 and I'm contemplating jumping back to WP or W10M or whatever we're calling it these days. I still like the N5 and will probably keep it a while just in case but when the 950 arrives I'm all in, again.
    Player Piano likes this.
    01-24-2016 09:35 PM
    I like mine quite a bit and I have owned it since launch. They seem to be hard at it to make it better and better. I had an iPhone 6 and while it was a good phone, I didn't like the apple ecosystem. So I'd say as long as your expectations are realistic you should like it just fine.
    phlamethrowre likes this.
    01-24-2016 09:50 PM
    Another satisfied 950 user here. Got mine 2 months ago. Best Lumia I have owned yet. Hope your experience will be stellar.
    01-24-2016 10:01 PM
    How do like the removable back with the buttons built into it? That seems like a strange design.
    01-25-2016 07:03 AM
    I think the removable back is great. You can always have a spare battery on hand,if need be. Something you can't do on iOS or many android OEM's
    Kevin Rush and phlamethrowre like this.
    01-25-2016 07:08 AM
    I like the removable back, and my buttons feel tight. I prefer the plastic back, you can get by without a case with this phone, although your screen will remain unprotected. The aluminum is so soft and thin on new phones that a fairly minor drop or abrasive rub will trash them quick.
    phlamethrowre and Kevin Rush like this.
    01-25-2016 08:56 AM
    I think I will love the phone but you know how it is when you drop some cash on a new toy. And of course, I like my Note 5 more now than ever before. That screen!
    01-25-2016 10:54 AM
    I like the removable back, and my buttons feel tight. I prefer the plastic back, you can get by without a case with this phone, although your screen will remain unprotected. The aluminum is so soft and thin on new phones that a fairly minor drop or abrasive rub will trash them quick.
    I plan on using the factory back, at least for a while, and if it's not a smudge magnet I'll go caseless (commando)☺
    01-25-2016 10:59 AM
    what is so bad about a removable back. Now with the new cell plans where you no longer have 2 year contracts...once you own the phone run it as long as you can. Assuming the processor will be fast enough a couple years out you can get a new battery and keep on going. Do you buy a new $700 laptop every 2 years? Plus the SD card slot is awesome. I have a 64gb chip in it. Downloaded tons of music to it while on wifi.

MS- just make it so I donlt have to say---and when your phone does not reboot you can always just pull the battery :)
    Kevin Rush likes this.
    01-25-2016 09:02 PM
    I wish I could say I love this phone - bought it when it was released only to return it back in a week - mainly because of little things like all mails view, keyboard lag etc. Since then these issues have been fixed. So went and bought it again - i really want to like this phone. But for the past few days i've been struggling with OS issues again. I use the browser a lot for listening to online radios, lots of browsing. Edge is slow and lags in many of the websites I usually visit. It really gets warm and some of the most common radio stations don't even play (BBC for example - you cannot play online radio). There is no alternative to edge browser either (none of the ones in the store work)
    Dropbox app is not compatbile with 950 according to the store when you try to install it. And there is no real file manager app with cloud integration like dropbox, gdrive, one drive etc - tried metro file explorer and other from the store. They're pretty bad. Outlook is pretty decent

So sadly, it looks like i've to return this again - still love the tiles and the display of the phone - only if they could get the OS better!!
    Jonnie LasVegas likes this.
    01-25-2016 11:08 PM
    The 950 phone is very nice, fells great in your hand. I also had one for a month but decided to return it because of the OS.
    01-26-2016 04:56 AM
    No, you will be well pleased.
    01-26-2016 05:40 AM
    By the title it looks like your are preparing yourself to start complaining as soon as the phone arrives, not a great state of mind to start using a fantastic but still a bit bugged and unstable phone.

I'm loving my 950 + red/gold Mozo back BUT I'm hating the stability issues and the fact that even MS stopped developing good apps for its own platform.
    mariusmuntean and Kevin Rush like this.
    01-26-2016 08:02 AM
    Thanks for the psychoanalysis. I hope you're not going to charge me for that. I'm not preparing to complain, just concerned that coming back to Microsoft may be a mistake. It takes a loyal and patient customer to put up with Microsoft's mobile experience.
    01-27-2016 07:55 AM
    Thanks for the psychoanalysis. I hope you're not going to charge me for that. I'm not preparing to complain, just concerned that coming back to Microsoft may be a mistake. It takes a loyal and patient customer to put up with Microsoft's mobile experience.
    I'm not charge you since it's not working :)
    phlamethrowre and tebling like this.
    01-27-2016 09:58 AM
    you will have a return window in case it does not comply with your desire
    01-27-2016 11:22 AM
    I like my 950, but wish ATT would hurry up and release the firmware update. There are a few little bugs and I'm hoping the firmware fixed them...

On a side note, I disabled "rich capture" in the camera app... With it enabled, there is a horrible lag in the time from taking a picture, to being able to edit it or send it.
    01-27-2016 11:31 AM
    Bought the 950 from MS store a week ago and set it all up..beautiful screen and I absolutely love the UI. But windows 10 still has some issues - main issue is Microsoft edge browser its not as refined as chrome or firefox. Consuming media is not ideal on edge as it gets quite slow.
    No Dropbox app on this phone. - it says device incompatible. Which is a big issue for me.
    So while I can still in the return period I thought I'll give HTC M9 a try . Bought a brand new one yesterday for a good price.

Man that phone is so ugly compared to Lumia - may be it's the android or the gun metal grey color. I couldn't stand it even while I was setting it up. So after set it up and played with it for a few hours, I've decided to sell it.

It's mainly because I love the windows UI, its so refreshing from the boring iOS and Android - so going to stick with 950 even though it has software issues which I hope Microsoft will fix it soon.
    01-27-2016 11:31 AM
    Bought the 950 from MS store a week ago and set it all up..beautiful screen and I absolutely love the UI. But windows 10 still has some issues - main issue is Microsoft edge browser its not as refined as chrome or firefox. Consuming media is not ideal on edge as it gets quite slow.
    No Dropbox app on this phone. - it says device incompatible. Which is a big issue for me.
    So while I can still in the return period I thought I'll give HTC M9 a try . Bought a brand new one yesterday for a good price.

Man that phone is so ugly compared to Lumia - may be it's the android or the gun metal grey color. I couldn't stand it even while I was setting it up. So after set it up and played with it for a few hours, I've decided to sell it.

It's mainly because I love the windows UI, its so refreshing from the boring iOS and Android - so going to stick with 950 even though it has software issues which I hope Microsoft will fix it soon.
    You've picked the worst color combination for the M9. Best looking is silver.
    01-28-2016 05:42 AM
    You've picked the worst color combination for the M9. Best looking is silver.
    I know - i tried to get a silver . But nowhere to be found
    01-28-2016 10:38 AM

I just tried to see if that was the case, Dropbox is available on my Lumia950 (and it actually looks great! a pity that I'm so much into onedrive).

Something is up with your device!
    01-29-2016 02:17 AM
    I just tried to see if that was the case, Dropbox is available on my Lumia950 (and it actually looks great! a pity that I'm so much into onedrive).

Something is up with your device!
    You probably downloaded dropbox before this issue started. I tried to download this onto a new lumia 950 at the MSStore - same issue. Something to do with dropbox app being available as a universal app. I tried to download dropbox on a lumia 830 as well at the store which is running windows10 - same problem
    01-29-2016 12:01 PM
    You probably downloaded dropbox before this issue started. I tried to download this onto a new lumia 950 at the MSStore - same issue. Something to do with dropbox app being available as a universal app. I tried to download dropbox on a lumia 830 as well at the store which is running windows10 - same problem
    Edit: I just tried again today (I've been trying everyday for the last week!!) and its available for download now. Great news!!

I did submit a feedback to dropbox forum yesterday - not sure whether that made them fix!!
    Paolo Ferrazza likes this.
    01-29-2016 12:03 PM