Insider version of Firmware means?? Doesn?t sound like it helps on AT&T..

Mallguvner

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
If it's the way I'm hoping since the new firmware is out for the 950 I'd be able to get it on the Insider. But the more I read about it maybe AT&T still gets to hold it up on the Insider program until they approve it which might never come. Which way is it?

MG

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
the point of firmware being available for insiders is so they don't have to leave the insider program to get it. locked phones are still 100% dependent on your carrier.

The old method would require you leaving the insider, hard reset, and possibly using wdrt.
current method, which was updated, just points you back to the production channel to grab firmware.
soon, once firmware is available, it's pushed to your device. if your phone is carrier branded, you still have to wait for your carrier to OK it.

RuleOfSines

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
If it's the way I'm hoping since the new firmware is out for the 950 I'd be able to get it on the Insider. But the more I read about it maybe AT&T still gets to hold it up on the Insider program until they approve it which might never come. Which way is it?

MG

We gain nothing really, it just saves insiders a small hassle most insiders are probably familiar with doing anyway.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos