ATTENTION AT&T , 950 WM 10 Insider Preview ( USA) Only

Bjfcm

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Please answer if you own a 950 from AT&T( USA) and joined the Insider Program.

• Have you been able to receive an update past .29 ?

• Have you received any firmware updates ?

• Have you had trouble using the Windows Recovery tools ( I get errors)

I want to see if its just me

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Yes
No
No
At&t hasn't released the latest firmware update. If you have issues with wdrt, try a different usb port and the cable that came with the phone.

Bjfcm

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

Thank you very much my friends

I meant to ask if you have upgraded beyond .36 . I have been able to past .29 but not to .63 . ( hope I got these numbers right)

Obviously our AT&T 950's have some limitations ,I basically enjoy my phone ,but I miss the Hell out of the bigger 6 inch screen that the 1520 offered.. I will always have grudge against At&t and MS for not offering a bigger screen for us Windows fans who remained loyal...and do not have the option of buying directly from MS ( the slightly bigger 950 XL)

And now with AT&T firmware hold back and not being able to upgrade to Insider Preview .63 .. I am looking at other options ..This is 2016 and I can't find a Windows phone that I like???? ...I miss Nokia:cry: and Steve Ballmer:cry::angry:

n7slc

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm a tad late to the party, sorry but I have the AT&T 950 and it's running on .63. I've been able to get every IP preview through the OTA updates but obviously no firmware yet. Since I've had no issues updating, I've not had to use the WDRT.

Bjfcm

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm a tad late to the party, sorry but I have the AT&T 950 and it's running on .63. I've been able to get every IP preview through the OTA updates but obviously no firmware yet. Since I've had no issues updating, I've not had to use the WDRT.

Why thank you very much. i

jbowyer1

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Obviously our AT&T 950's have some limitations ,I basically enjoy my phone ,but I miss the Hell out of the bigger 6 inch screen that the 1520 offered

Ditto :unhappy: I'm reminded of this whenever I power on my 1520. Web surfing and reading news articles just isn't the same on the 5.2" screen. I had to bail on my 1520 as its phantom touch issues had become so bad as to make the phone frustratingly unusable, though.

I went with the AT&T 950 over a single-sim XL because the XL wouldn't work with my charging stands and car charger (3xDT-910 and a CR-201,) wouldn't support HD Voice, and won't support wifi calling or advanced messaging in the future, which will hopefully come to the AT&T 950 in time. I mostly love my 950, but a little part of me is still considering selling it to get an XL for the screen size. It's annoying that the 950s have these compromises.

As for your initial questions, yes to .63 via the fast ring, no to firmware, never have used WDRT.

Yannie Boy

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
ATT Branded but on Cricket (Technically ATT Owned)

No
No
Never tried.

Little disheartening. I only purchased this variant from a Best Buy close by since my Local MS store didn't have any on hand when they released.

nasellok

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

YES, YES, YES.......as far as i know.
I am on OS build: 10.0.10586.71,
Firmware revision number: 01078.00017.15454.29031
Hardware revision number: 2.1.3.2

Bjfcm

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
ATT Branded but on Cricket (Technically ATT Owned)

No
No
Never tried.

Little disheartening. I only purchased this variant from a Best Buy close by since my Local MS store didn't have any on hand when they released.

I feel your pain... Can anyone shed any light why I cannot GET my ATT -950 -[ Insider ] WILL NOT PASS .36

WHEN I CONNECT THE WINDOWS DEVICE R.T. It says " YOU HAVE THE LATEST FIRMWARE... I CHOOSE TO REINSTALL AND TAKES 164 MINUETES TO DOWNLOAD THEN ....ERROR !!!!:angry:
I have done 3 hard Re- sets and uninstalled/ reinstalled Windows Insider 3 times !!!!!

I still get ... " you have the latest update" .... and I don't .. Is it my device ???? It has to be software related... Is it my SD Card?? I make sure to not save Apps to the SD Card) .... I just find it hard to believe that we are the only ones ???????

DLong4

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
OS build: 10.0.10586.71
Firmware revision number: 01078.00017.15454.29031 (probably the original number)
Hardware revision number: 2.1.3.2

quincymac

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
Since my 950 is my everyday phone, I have avoided being a part of the insider trials; but, since AT&T's promised monthly OTA updates have proven to be a myth, I am considering signing up for insider updates. Would the smart way to go be the slow ring if this is my primary phone?

maevinj

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Since my 950 is my everyday phone, I have avoided being a part of the insider trials; but, since AT&T's promised monthly OTA updates have proven to be a myth, I am considering signing up for insider updates. Would the smart way to go be the slow ring if this is my primary phone?

The 950 is my daily driver too, and I run fast ring.

jbowyer1

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site

Where / when did AT&T promise monthly updates? I don't think MS even releases monthly updates to the slow ring, let alone for non-insider phones.

Ever since build 10572 back in October, the one with hugely improved performance, I think fast ring builds have easily been stable enough to run on a daily driver. I've only had one random reboot on my 950, which has always had fast ring builds, and I'm personally enjoying much improved battery life with the latest 10586.71 fast ring build. The current 10586 builds are a far cry from the old 10511 and so forth days, where it was an unreliable mess of crashes and lag. Just my $0.02.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett