New firmware rolling out for Lumia 950

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...50950-xl/f226b2b5-6deb-450b-9f61-12aabce9b298

Hey all,

we have started rolling out a new firmware update for Lumia 950 and Lumia 950 XL: 01078.00038.16025.390xx. Key improvements in this release include:

• Stability fixes.
  • Improvements for GPS reliability.
  • Improvements for call audio quality.
The availability of this update may depend on your phone model, region or network service provider. At the time of writing this post, the update is available mainly for selected open market variants, but the rollouts should continue gradually during the coming days and weeks.

silentghost1979

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Re: New firmware rolling out for Lumia 950/950XL

Nothing on mine yet, really hoping it sorts out some of the buggy problems and gets the battery a bit better

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site

Would really be nice if they would publish a schedule saying which variants get it when.

To the users of AT&T-branded Lumia 950: congratulations, now you are two releases behind.

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site

Would really be nice if they would publish a schedule saying which variants get it when.

To the users of AT&T-branded Lumia 950: congratulations, now you are two releases behind.

i was going to say the same.... 3 more months and we'll be in Lumia 830 territory (took AT&T 5 months to push the full denim firmware)

seriously though.... now which firmware will AT&T users get now?

MirthRock

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site

i was going to say the same.... 3 more months and we'll be in Lumia 830 territory (took AT&T 5 months to push the full denim firmware)

seriously though.... now which firmware will AT&T users get now?

Stupid question, but are Firmware updates for this phone cumulative. Do we need to do them both in sequence or can we just get the newest one?

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site

Stupid question, but are Firmware updates for this phone cumulative. Do we need to do them both in sequence or can we just get the newest one?

not a stupid question.... i do question AT&T's intelligence on the matter :)

common sense would say the latest would make most sense. AT&T sense means flip a coin, take a nap, wake up and forget what they were working on.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site

920, 830, 1520... Yeah, flipping a coin then falling asleep sounds about right, haha.

RuleOfSines

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site

common sense would say the latest would make most sense. AT&T sense means flip a coin, take a nap, wake up and forget what they were working on.

One of my previous AT&T phones (one of the HTC One's), had an important update come out, AT&T sat on it so long, that another important update came out. At that point, AT&T basically said "screw it, you're not getting the first update at all, and we're going to start all over with the new update." By that time, every other variation of the phone had already received the original update, and some were getting the newest update.

At least in the case of the One, it was already solid and reliable. My 950, not as much.

CraigCole

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site

He's right; it is a stupid question because we won't ever get any firmware updates from AT&T, LOLOLOL!

amcluesent

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know the story of the MIA firmware upgrade?

I have a 950 bought from Amazon used with my contract O2 SIM card and there's been nothing for my phone running .107 (yes, I have set Windows Insider back to Production).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss