.71 Build on Lumia 950 Still Bad, hows your experience?

robert peake

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
going to hard reset mine, i've also stuck it on ebay, bit of loss really but i cant deal with it, i hope the hard reset sorts my issue out or someone buys its. I'm probably going to get the S6 rather than the iphone.

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
going to hard reset mine, i've also stuck it on ebay, bit of loss really but i cant deal with it, i hope the hard reset sorts my issue out or someone buys its. I'm probably going to get the S6 rather than the iphone.

Just got an S5 at work. I'm amazes at how fluid the OS is, and everything actually works. Also the app selection is simply tremendous. Cool to have IR blaster...damn Windows is in trouble

robert peake

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
i still love a phone with a sd card slot and thats probably the only reason why i havent picked on up, do like the samsung though. I just bought a asus tablet and got rid of my linx 10 and its so muc quicker, screen is million times better.

ive just hard reset my 950 and its my last throw of the device, now i dont know whether to restore from a back up or re install everything, surely everyone cant be re installing everything, it will take me forever, must be a easier way.

Player Piano

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
Just installed .71 on my L950 last night. I had my phone freeze 3 times today so far. Clicking the power button only shows black screen, and one time I just saw the 3 onscreen keys. Soft reset each time brought the phone back to life. Otherwise seems okay.

PhineasTD

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
Lumia 950 xl Dual SIM international

I so far haven't had any issues with the .71 build. Battery life remains unchanged, no random reboots, apps execute as before without errors. I'm keeping my fingers crossed but all seems well on this end.

wp_ss_20160205_0001.jpg

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
if you are having major issues at this point on your 950's then I would say you have some apps running that is killing your device or you have a dud device.
I have the latest build running on several phones from the 925, Icon, 1520, 1020 and the 950XL and is running pretty damn good across all devices.

Jopl

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Battery life sucks on this build. Seems like they fixed the bluetooth related phone freeze ups which always required a soft-reset. one step forward... one step back...

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
The battery drain has calmed down for me after the first 2 days. I still don't get what the OS does. It must do things while it's idle like defragmentation, hash checks or who knows. So the battery has gotten better. The crashes I had first 2 days stopped as well. So weird. But I'll see how it goes. Yesterday it was running pretty well and this morning too. Going to cross my fingers.

There's still the firmware update which i'm waiting for. Granted I already have 15506, some people don't even have that one yet which could make things even worse.

950xl here.

robert peake

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
tried taking my lumia 950 into CEX , cheeky bar stewards offered me gbp 157 for my 950 which is absolutely brand new no marks, cant believe it. I said i'd evenpart ex against the s6 they had in the window but they were interested. said to try ebay. paid gbp371 for it a couple of months back. so even more determined to get it working now. although i ahve said to the missus that i'll swap it for her 640 and she doesnt want it lol.

Uff182

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
With this build the situation seems improved: in the last few day I didn't have any strange reboot or lock up.

kathtwo

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
yes, mine is driving me crazy, having almost as much trouble as gmail, resetting passsword if you cannot remember password given to me by AT&T. Terrible battery drain, only lasts a couple of hours in use.
Wish I would have paid more and gotten a better phone. share your misery.

Elfonzerio

Nov 23, 2015
Visit site
ATT here
Works great. My battery last all day with moderate game usage, and heavy web browsing. Everything is snappier including hello login. Now they fixed OneDrive music storage and Groove music, I am really happy.

cr_buck

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
On my AT&T 950 it's been better overall. Battery life isn't quite up to par but it's definitely better. Overall stability is better to where now launching camera from lock screen no longer restarts but actually takes a photo. The main downside is every once in a while I get a Loading... or Resuming... screen. Overall doing ok though. Same for my wife's. I also have a family member on a 950XL and he reports it is doing quite well, so far.

cr_buck

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
A Total Disaster. Would crash and reboot all the time, Mobile Hotspot Does not work at all, I have completely lost any hope for Windows

Sounds like you have a hardware issue. There have been some QC issues reported in the past. If you still have it you may want to exchange it.

Heads up about iPhones too. They aren't prefect as I also own several Apple products. Look up battery and charger problems with Macbooks or video issues. I had all three. Look up apps stuck not updating on iOS. I've had that too. They are good devices but for their premium they still have their issues. Not saying don't switch. It's each to his own but the grass has some weeds on the other side.

Wilvin Crawford

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
Have a Lumia 950 (dual sim, unlocked, US, T-mobile). Came with build 10586.0. Upgraded with public update to 10586.29, got the first firmware update, updated with Insider to 10586.63, and again to 10586.71. I did not install from back up and never did a hard reset.

10586.71 runs very smoothly. Most noticeable improvements for me has been performance in Onedrive, File Explorer, and Groove Music apps since build 10586.0 (and whatever version those apps were at the time). Also, phone use to randomly restart, apps used to crash once in while usually only on the first you try to open it, and apps used to stay on "Loading..." screen for a few seconds in older build before actually opening. I don't have those issues anymore since .63 build. Poorly optimized apps like Spotify is still plagued with the "Resuming..." screen when switching between apps. However, no battery drain issue ever. Bluetooth works great on some devices but struggles connecting to some.

I did have a ridiculous battery drain issue on build 10572 on my HTC One M8 (first W10M build on it), but it is fine now on build 10586.63.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster