After 2 useless chat sessions with Microsoft support, I'm hoping someone here can help. (I've searched the forums and don't see this addressed, but if it has, I apologize in advance.) I'm having multiple problems with my 950, and with the one I bought my daughter at the same time (AT&T). The phone restarts randomly, locks up or has lengthy delays waking up, and won't power back up after shut down unless I either plug it in to power or do a soft reset. Since I'm having similar issues with my daughter's phone, I'm guessing it's an issue with the OS. But the only answer I got from Microsoft is "use the recovery tool", without any explanation for what it was I am to use it for.

I guess I'm just asking for some guidance. Are other folks having the same issues, or does this sound unique to my phone. I hate to go through the hassle of a hard reset/recovery tool if it's it just going to be a waste of time.

Any help would be appreciated.
    02-05-2016 01:46 PM
    when I got my 950 (day 1, at&T) the 1st 3 days were problematic. a hard reset fixed it (with wdrt and yes, I restored my data)

Random restarts are still an issue (OS, not sure if insiders get less or more reboots)
    The ONLY lockup I get is sometimes when jumping into settings, but brinking up the task switcher and closing it seems to work fine.

The recovery tool can help as flashing isn't always 100% perfect from factory. A few people noticed better results after using wdrt and following it up with a hard reset.
    02-05-2016 02:00 PM
    Actually, both
    02-07-2016 05:20 AM
    There's a new firmware available that fixes a lot of issues, but when at&t will send it out to their users is a whole different story. Plus there's a newer firmware available, so likely they are now testing the newer one and dropped the older one. Hope you guys get it soon. Heck I have the unlocked 950xl and I still haven't gotten the newest firmware.
    CraigCole likes this.
    02-07-2016 01:31 PM
    I turned off the iris scanner and the restarts have gone away on my at&t 950. Running.71 insider preview as well
    02-07-2016 01:37 PM
    I turned off the iris scanner and the restarts have gone away on my at&t 950. Running.71 insider preview as well
    I disabled the iris scanner on mine and it still reboots randomly; battery life is negligibly better.
    02-07-2016 10:25 PM
    Latest firmware (01078.00038....) + .71 on Insider fixed the not waking up when pressing the power button. I think it more has to do with the .71 OS build.
    On .63 (with .28 firmware) I had like 2 out of 5 failed attempts of waking. Now there is 0 failed attempts.

Grab the latest FW (on carriers, don't know if is available) and latest insider build.
    02-08-2016 04:31 AM
    Thanks for the input (and all the other responses below). I finally set aside the half day required to do this over the weekend. So far I'm not seeing restarts, but still seeing severe lags in switching apps.
    02-16-2016 01:13 PM
    In my case, Iris scanner is ON.

It reboots very rarely.

I have another problem: switching off and on the mobile data. Most of the time when I switch on, I don't have internet access. I must restart the device. Strange!

What about you?
    02-16-2016 06:29 PM