How to turn off lock screen

Brian Stobbe

Jan 16, 2016
Visit site
I have a Lumia 950 and there is no longer an option to Never show the lock screen. The only reason I want to temporarily disable the Lock screen is because Groove is so stupid that it only adds music to its library while the screen is on. If you have a large music collection it can take hours so it would be nice to just let it start at night and let it get it done rather than have to babysit it and touch the screen every 5 minutes. Obviosuly there is no standard way to turn off the lock screen.. I'm just hoping maybe there is an app out there or something that is capable of preventing it from coming on.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Go to settings then in lockscreen you will see screen times out after there you can choose never and you are good to go.

As he stated in his first sentence, there is no "never" option. The same with my 950XL, the longest period is 5 minutes. I assume this is to help prevent screen burn.

Demian Mioc

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
I have a Lumia 950 and there is no longer an option to Never show the lock screen. The only reason I want to temporarily disable the Lock screen is because Groove is so stupid that it only adds music to its library while the screen is on. If you have a large music collection it can take hours so it would be nice to just let it start at night and let it get it done rather than have to babysit it and touch the screen every 5 minutes. Obviosuly there is no standard way to turn off the lock screen.. I'm just hoping maybe there is an app out there or something that is capable of preventing it from coming on.
Don't know if it will help but you can try downloading app which prevents lock screen. Try downloading Torrex, it has option when it is running to disable lock creen from showing.
Don't know if would work because in that case Groove needs to be in the background while Torrex or other app is opened. Try that and see if Groove ads music to library that way.

marky9074

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Arrrgggghhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe I just purchased a 950 because I was so fed up with the hassle of getting my music into Groove on a Lumia 1520, then find out the only workaround cannot be used on a 950. Now I have half imported music, and seemingly no way to kick start the scan process....

marky9074

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Me? Music is on SD card? Presumably the OP too. Or do you really mean the library? If so I have never found the database to delete it (let alone move it).

On a positive note, I just did my old workaround of doing a search for MP3 in windows on the SD card and it has provoked Groove into scanning again....just gotta stop the lock screen now....

marky9074

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
I found an app called NoSleep. I think it works, though it implied that it only works if it is running on the foreground... certainly the lock screen was not activated, though I cannot see any activity from Groove (if NoSleep is running in front).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos