Close Up Setting For Lumia 950 Camera

Xerxes10

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Am I missing something or does the Lumia 950/Windows 10 Mobile camera have no close up setting? In the past, as with all digital cameras, there was a "flower" icon that allowed the camera to focus on close up objects. I can't find said icon and the camera struggles to focus on anything close. I assume I am missing something obvious, any help is much appreciated!

Xerxes10

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
I just tap the screen where I want the focus to center. Zoom is done by hand on the screen.

I've tried what you describe, but the camera seems to focus on the background rather than the object. If I try and take a photo of the tip of a pencil on a desk for example, the pencil will be blurry and it will focus (poorly) on the desk. With the flower icon on Windows 8.1/Lumia 920 it would take that picture correctly. I don't doubt I'm missing something, just not sure what! Thx

RuleOfSines

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I've tried what you describe, but the camera seems to focus on the background rather than the object. If I try and take a photo of the tip of a pencil on a desk for example, the pencil will be blurry and it will focus (poorly) on the desk. With the flower icon on Windows 8.1/Lumia 920 it would take that picture correctly. I don't doubt I'm missing something, just not sure what! Thx

I don't think you're missing anything, the 950 doesn't focus great up close. Pull back a bit then crop the image to get the look you want. The 920 camera lensing(?) was excellent at close-up shots.

hacer619

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried manual focus? Slide the onscreen camera button to the left( to the center of the screen) in the camera app to access manual settings

Xerxes10

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried manual focus? Slide the onscreen camera button to the left( to the center of the screen) in the camera app to access manual settings

Ok, that worked! I wasn't even aware of the slide the camera to the left thing, I've trued a few shots using that to focus manually and got pretty good shots. Thanks!

hacer619

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
Ok, that worked! I wasn't even aware of the slide the camera to the left thing, I've trued a few shots using that to focus manually and got pretty good shots. Thanks!
Glad it worked for you. You can also move the wb, iso and focus ring by dragging it

Ish68

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I noticed all the options in the 'Scenes' button had gone and I was very surprised, as I used these on a regular basis. Even after finding the best settings for doing each one of the original settings, you cannot save them. Microsoft could as least inform people of the settings to use for each of the scenes removed and allow us to save them or even Pin the setting to the start screen. Even the QR code reader was removed from Bing when Cortana took over and had to be installed as a lens within the camera app. I was really looking forward to getting the 950 and now find I'm still using my Lumia 925 to take quite a lot of photo's, which is a total joke. I've always liked Windows phones, but Microsoft are doing stupid things and you can see why other manufacturers are putting Windows Phones down and laughing at them. I really hope they sort this out in some way or another.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea