Does Alarm volume work for you?

Uff182

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
In order not to wake up my son I set my phone with volume 1 for phone and apps; this seems to work for everything but Alarm, which always sounds like if it was set at full volume.
Does this happen to you too? I'm on the latest insider build and firmware.

j1sh

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
AFAIK you can not adjust volume of alarm or it's audio output device. Its independent of notification volume.

There some 3rd party alarm apps out there that might work, but a lot of them dont run under the lock screen.

Sent from mTalk

CraigCole

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
Yes. My 950's alarm always blasts like a foghorn when it goes off, which is odd. I thought it was just really powerful. Any idea why you can't adjust the volume of the alarm?

flair77

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Forget the phone speakers, I'm afraid most of us would go into cardiac arrest the moment the alarm sounds first thing in the morning!

BLKahuna

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Like in WP8, the alarm's volume grows in intensity until it hits max volume or is turned off. The difference, is that in WP10, it begins at a much higher volume than it did before.

The old way of doing it was great - the alarm started very softly and slowly grew louder. Now it starts louder and grows deafening.

DLong4

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
My alarm used to be stellar before one of the recent OS upgrades. Occasionally it won't sound at all, and whenever it does the volume is way too low.

kulf

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
The really crappy thing about the alarm is that it just stops after 2-3 minutes. And it doesn't go off again after a grace (snooze) period. That's a bummer..!

simoncu

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
You are lucky, because on my lumia 735 from the last update all the alarms sounds I put don't work. It's just the default sound that sounds, and it is at a very low volume that I can barely hear (I think it's about 1 or 2) I cannot change anything. If I change the default sound, that's the one Alarm uses, all the time even if I set another one... any idea how to reset this stupid thing ?

Rugish Dapeca

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
Noticed this on my L640 with the last two Redstone builds. It used to be pretty loud, but now it is barely a whisper. I've had to break out the backup L520 to use as my alarm clock since it is still on W8.1 and the alarm is loud enough to wake me up.

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
I am dependent on my phone's vibration to wake up. The alarm volume is so low that I hear it only after waking up due to vibration.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786