A little troubling: Iris scanner is easily overridden on L950

patcherd

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
Was using the iris scanner and found it can easily be bypassed. When I went to wake the phone from the power button I swiped up when the screen came on and easily got into the phone, whereas if I had used the pin it would have given the number keyboard.

I guess that's why the iris scanner is still in beta. Guess I'll have to go back to using a pin #

patcherd

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
Was using the iris scanner and found it can easily be bypassed. When I went to wake the phone from the power button I swiped up when the screen came on and easily got into the phone, whereas if I had used the pin it would have given the number keyboard.

I guess that's why the iris scanner is still in beta. Guess I'll have to go back to using a pin #

Could be, I thought about that, but I tried turning the phone away and sliding up and it still opened up.

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
there is a time period that you can set before it requires you to enter your pin/scan your eyes again.... the default is 15 minutes (on my at&t 950). so if you put it to sleep and do it again moments later, it won't ask you for anything. granted, you never did mention if you had that set up. (settings-accounts-sign in options)

patcherd

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
there is a time period that you can set before it requires you to enter your pin/scan your eyes again.... the default is 15 minutes (on my at&t 950). so if you put it to sleep and do it again moments later, it won't ask you for anything. granted, you never did mention if you had that set up. (settings-accounts-sign in options)

I will have to check that out. I didn't specify any time. Just put in my pin and set up iris scan.

patcherd

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
No wonder. I had it set to 15 minutes. Now I set it for every time and the dial pad comes up with the scanner when I try to get in.
I don't know why I thought I wouldn't have to set a time with iris scanner as I did with the pin DUH! LOL.
Thanks ashram. :)

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
No wonder. I had it set to 15 minutes. Now I set it for every time and the dial pad comes up with the scanner when I try to get in.
I don't know why I thought I wouldn't have to set a time with iris scanner as I did with the pin DUH! LOL.
Thanks ashram. :)

no problem, glad I could help.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb