Before I pull the trigger on a AT&T 950 on Next

darkpgr

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Anything I should know about it specific to the AT&T version? After how horribly they mutilated the 1520 and how badly they failed to support pretty much everything they have released I am always hesitant to go the AT&T way...

I would be upgrading from a AT&T 1520. Does the 950 have Dual SIM and Qi intact on the AT&T version or is either / both lost in translation?

Also, any gotchas / anything I should watch out for regarding the AT&T Next plan? I had one of their customer service reps help me with the basics but it's AT&T so always worth asking actual customers to make sure I don't get myself in too much trouble. (buying upfront isn't an option for me because without a credit card, I can't realistically spend $550 in one swipe... Next lets me pay $600 over 30 months which is considerably more affordable to me right now).

RuleOfSines

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
The AT&T variant is currently hobbled by lack of firmware updates. Qi is intact though, and we also get some other one, PMA. My AT&T 950 is only a single-sim, not sure if they all are.

I like the Next plan myself, I do the 12 month so I can turn this in without ever paying it off and get a new whatever is shiny at the time. BUT, AT&T is maintaining their track record of horrible updates so it can be a painful 12 months.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12