Any non-insiders on AT&T getting the .107 update?

Aaron Graves

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Wanted to check and see if any other non-insiders on the AT&T branded L950 have gotten the .107 update. Many people haven't, others have stated to do a hard reset and they got the update after that. I tried a hard reset and no update, also used WDRT which reset me to .0, the only update available after that was the .29. Just wanted to see if anyone else is having problems getting the update.

Thanks!

ACF1

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
I know it doesn't directly answer your question, but I am a non-insider in an unlocked dual sim using ATT, and I did get .107 update (I just got my phone yesterday), but I am still behind one firmware version. I guess the latter is just for non-US phones.

Edit: My point is, there is no reason AT&T branded phones shouldn't be getting the .107 update, other than, not clogging the update servers, so it is done in phases.

kwill

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Haven't gotten it yet on my wife's ATT 950. Sucks because Bluetooth is a major problem right now on it (firmware release would really help that also). Enough to where she's voiced her opinion about it. She chose the 950 over every other option given to here (after her 830 was dropped), so she wants things to just work. Thanks ATT for helping in forming a negative opinion of a product because of your jaded inability to make things happen.

jacknewp

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
I'm sure the OP is asking about ATT branded & locked 950's purchased at an ATT store. Bought mine here in Vegas the first day available.....received the .29 update and NOTHING since. I've read that Windows updates now go out directly without ATT input, but I'm beginning to doubt that....we'll see as more time goes by.

Aaron Graves

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm sure the OP is asking about ATT branded & locked 950's purchased at an ATT store. Bought mine here in Vegas the first day available.....received the .29 update and NOTHING since. I've read that Windows updates now go out directly without ATT input, but I'm beginning to doubt that....we'll see as more time goes by.

Bingo. I got mine on launch as well, sitting on .29. The firmware updates I (somewhat) understand. OS updates, however, should be able to go through without AT&T's approval. On some other sources, people with AT&T branded phones have reported getting the update, but neither me nor the two others on my plan with 950's have gotten the update (all got on launch day, all on .29 currently).

What a mess.

Kydix

Dec 20, 2015
Visit site
Same in France with 950 branded on Orange. I got .29 and the first firmware update but still Nothing for .107 update

Brent-WP

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I have a non-insider AT&T branded Lumina 950 with .29 and it has not received.107 yet. phone keeps saying it is up to date. Wondering if Microsoft is doing a slow roll out of .107.

Aaron Graves

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I have a non-insider AT&T branded Lumina 950 with .29 and it has not received.107 yet. phone keeps saying it is up to date. Wondering if Microsoft is doing a slow roll out of .107.

That's for sure possible, and probably likely, however I remember when .29 was released, I was able to get the update as soon as it was announced.

bearcat747

Nov 23, 2015
Visit site
Nothing for me either. ATT 950 in south Florida. It would be nice as it seems every 5 mins I am getting the error that my account settings are out of date for two of my outlook accounts. This update was supposed to address this. I really dont want to do insider as it may mess with the warranty.

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Nothing for me either. ATT 950 in south Florida. It would be nice as it seems every 5 mins I am getting the error that my account settings are out of date for two of my outlook accounts. This update was supposed to address this. I really dont want to do insider as it may mess with the warranty.

I'm on .107 with a 920 and began receiving Account Out of Date yesterday, a good 50 of them over a couple hours. I haven't seen such messages in months.

casteld73

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Same---used WRT ...updated to .29....claims up2date not tryig to download .107. ATT 950 in Northern NJ.

Used insider preview slow ring to bring it down.

Yannie Boy

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Ok so I'm not the only one. Insider or not, my phone doesn't see anything past the .29. I've posted this numerous times here and there around the forums, in hope of someone figuring out an answer. No dice. Only suggestions that I've gotten was to flash it with a nonbranded ATT rom or a registry edit. I bought the ATT 950 variant off contract so not really willing to try any crazy extremes to brick the phone.

Last edited:

x I'm tc

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
You are not the only one. The worry is, does .107 require a firmware update to be rolled out? If so, is there no hope of updates for non-Insiders until/if we get updated firmware?

EMitchell

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Update hit mine not long ago, it's installing now. Looks like an OS update only to .107, no firmware change. Haven't noticed anything different yet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb