10.0.14267.1002.Solved and Not yet solved issues for Lumia 950

OPeterN

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
Well, I needed to restore my phone to factory default. I really hate doing this because it takes very long time to configure it again, so I left Windows Insider. Hopefully this update works at least as good as previous….

Abhishek99

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
Trick To install Windows 10 Mobile Redstone Build 14267 on any Lumia Device
Microsoft Recently released a new Redstone build 14267 for fast ring insiders for Windows 10 Mobile on some selected models (Lumia i.e. Lumia 550, Lumia 950XL, Lumia 650 and for Xiaomi Mi4) so many insiders are certainly upset (including me also). But as there are limitations, there are some weird solutions.
Now the popular modders community XDA developers published a discussion about the trick by which you can get this build on your phone although if your phone model is not listed.

NOTE – Following steps can cause serious damage to your phone. Nokiapoweruser, XDA developers and Microsoft will not responsible for any damage. Do at your own Risk. Think Twice before trying.

Steps:
1. Firstly, install Windows Insider app from store.
2. Then download this Registry Edior vcReg_1.5 and deploy on it your device.
3. Then go to vcreg > … > templates > check mark, live interop and restore Ndtksvc and click on apply.
4. Then deploy customPFD and move it to HKLM–>SYTEM–>Platform–>DeviceTargetingInfo then change
a) PhoneManufacturer “=MicrosoftMDG
b)change” PhoneManufacturerModelName “=RM-1085_113025.
After that open Windows insider app, the apply for builds select fast ring then your device will reboot as usual and then check for update in phone update setting. You will get it. The update size is all about 600MB.

OPeterN

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
Thought I could leave Windows Insider but the update is really bad so I?m back. After a while the phone freeze on the glanze screen and it?s not possible to log in. It also gets very warm indicating high battery drain. Waiting for next update....

OPeterN

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
Can’t get the WiFi to work, the alarm clock seem to be out of order, can’t reach all settings.... damn… doesn’t Microsoft test things before they publish a new version? I’m really disappointed with this build.

SteveHG

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Trick To install Windows 10 Mobile Redstone Build 14267 on any Lumia Device
Microsoft Recently released a new Redstone build 14267 for fast ring insiders for Windows 10 Mobile on some selected models (Lumia i.e. Lumia 550, Lumia 950XL, Lumia 650 and for Xiaomi Mi4) so many insiders are certainly upset (including me also). But as there are limitations, there are some weird solutions.
Now the popular modders community XDA developers published a discussion about the trick by which you can get this build on your phone although if your phone model is not listed.

NOTE – Following steps can cause serious damage to your phone. Nokiapoweruser, XDA developers and Microsoft will not responsible for any damage. Do at your own Risk. Think Twice before trying.

Steps:
1. Firstly, install Windows Insider app from store.
2. Then download this Registry Edior vcReg_1.5 and deploy on it your device.
3. Then go to vcreg > … > templates > check mark, live interop and restore Ndtksvc and click on apply.
4. Then deploy customPFD and move it to HKLM–>SYTEM–>Platform–>DeviceTargetingInfo then change
a) PhoneManufacturer “=MicrosoftMDG
b)change” PhoneManufacturerModelName “=RM-1085_113025.
After that open Windows insider app, the apply for builds select fast ring then your device will reboot as usual and then check for update in phone update setting. You will get it. The update size is all about 600MB.

Wrong forum.

jeetu4444

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Guys the latest redstone update is awesome for my phone...the battery life has doubled up...crazy...it keeps going and going....phone seems very fast and apps open up fast....only once i got loading on start screen...no other problems...if u people getting issues best is to hard reset...

Jopl

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I tried it... it was terrible... glance screen freezes almost every time glance screen came on. terrible. I had to hard reset back to the .107 release. Such a waste of time this redstone build was.

Michkol

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
With this build I tried to wake up the phone from standy (with Glance screen visible), but even after pressing many times the power button the screen didn't turn on.
I had to soft reset.
Got it few times to.

This update completely f**ked up my phone.
BT is not working at all with my car, used to be fine.
Random reboots, 6 since this morning. Hangs at Glance screen and only way is to soft rest.

...back to the ol' drawing board!

Yeah the BT is broken, never had an issue with BT before and it's f* annoying.

Jason Vorbeck

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
My 950XL was continuously not waking up from standby following this update. I performed a hard reset and it resolved the issue. Then two days later when I repaired my Bluetooth headset the problems started all over again. I did a soft reset and upon restart turned my Bluetooth off and the problem went away again. On my phone this not waking up from standby issue seems to be tied to Bluetooth.

robert peake

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
wow im not trying this, i got burnt with .107 i didnt rate that at all. absolute pony on my 950. i so want this one to work for windows so much but reading these its not working again.

OPeterN

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
My phone was more or less useless after the upgrade. Not possible to login after a while, some settings unreachable, a couple apps didn?t work and just occasionally WiFi connection. Actually, quite scary that the build was even released. I finally have managed to downgrade to version .107 with Microsoft Device Recovery Tool and I left Windows Insider. I spent too many hours to get my phone up and running again and I do not want to install any more builds that obviously is not tested.

sheldon cohn

May 15, 2015
Visit site
After I got the update, there were some apps I lost, I didn't care for hiding the calendar and
one drive. I told a friend , who is an insider also, I would give this build a thumbs down. I'm
really glad my Nokia 520 didn't get the update.

Uff182

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
Does any of you use Viber? As soon as I try to type anything the app freezes and the phone reboot.

Edit: ok, seems some sort of other problem. It happens with Whatsapp too. :eck:

abogdan

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I use Whatsapp and I have no problem except that the volume is too high on speaker (it was the same in previous builds too).
I just started Viber to check what your information and I sent a message successfully and I had no errors.

wouldchuck

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
Just got this update today and immediately developed the following problems.
1. Messaging App won't start
2. App Store won't start
3. No WiFi detected
4. No bluetooth devices detected

Did a soft reset with no luck. Pondering doing a hard reset. Difficult to imagine that this was well enough tested even for the fast ring.

wouldchuck

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
An extra little piece of awesome. I can't get data on my cellular network. And as previously noted I can't get WiFi. Reset protection won't let me do a hard reset without data somehow. Things are looking up all over.

TheKingsEighth

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
My 950XL was continuously not waking up from standby following this update. I performed a hard reset and it resolved the issue. Then two days later when I repaired my Bluetooth headset the problems started all over again. I did a soft reset and upon restart turned my Bluetooth off and the problem went away again. On my phone this not waking up from standby issue seems to be tied to Bluetooth.

I think the freezing on wake up is a glance screen issue. I turned this completely off and I have not had a problem since. My band stays connected fine and my phone will connect to my car without issue so I don't think it's bluetooth (though it does have it's problems). I had my phone freeze almost every 5 minutes or so last night and when I disabled glance screen that seemed to alleviate the problem for now.

wouldchuck

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
Update on my issues:
1. I removed the second SIM card. Primary SIM card now gets LTE data. WiFi works. Able to access messaging applications. Can access the "Cellular & SIM" configuration setting, App store accessible and functional. Unable to get Facebook app to successfully handoff links to Edge browser.

2. In the spirit of science I added the second SIM card back in. Lost data on cellular network. WiFi broken. Messaging applications functional. Unable to access the "Cellular & SIM" configuration, App Store inaccessible (probably due to lack of data), Facebook app fails to start.

3. Removed second SIM card again and returned to same state as in bullet point 1.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss