Microsoft Groove App issues on Lumia - skipping, delayed play etc.

mattdodwell

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
Hi All,

Is anyone else having an issue with Groove Music App on their Lumia?

When I try and skip on a track the app jumps around, i.e the track name flickers and jumps around on the screen, then after it settles and the track name appear it often takes ages to actually play the track. Sometimes it even skips on two tracks.

It is a little frustrating and where I love the simplicity of the online Groove Music player I am tempted to move back to Spotify for the app and curated playlists.

But before I do I wondered if other were have the same, similar or other issues with the Music Groove App.

Cheers
Matt

Dec 26, 2015
Visit site
Re: Microsoft Grove App issues on Lumia - skipping, delayed play etc.

3 issues that I remember...

1) The flickering (not the jumping) that you refer to, is present on the lockscreen when you press the volume buttons and then press the next or previous track button.
2) On .71 build I had the issue that when going to the next track (using headphones) the track is paused. Have to stop playback and start again to start playing. This issue also present on .107 build.
3) A new issue on .107 is that sometimes Groove can't start. Also selecting an mp3 file from the file explorer can't play it. Have to restart the phone to fix it.

curseoftheninja

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Microsoft Grove App issues on Lumia - skipping, delayed play etc.

I have a different issue from that. Sometimes, when I switch from headphones to another audio line out, groove will pause every 2 seconds. The only way to fix it is to restart. It's incredibly annoying.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Definitely the flickering while changing tracks on a 950XL. Also, when I go from podcast lounge playing to Groove and select 'shuffle all', it will show the first artist and generate a playlist, but it will not manage to play. Pressing shuffle all songs again then works. Other than that it works well for me.

mattdodwell

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
I've been testing other streaming apps, currently Spotify and now Deezer. I've been using their 30 day trial offers.

What I am finding is that the same thing happens when trying to skip on. This leads me to feel that it is an OS issue and not the Groove App.

I've been very pleased with my Lumia 950 and W10M, but I do feel now that it is poor when handling UI's with music streaming. All 3 apps mentioned above have much better UI's and usability on ios.

I am just hoping this improves over updates of the OS.

LarsCor

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Not only on Groove, Spotify as well. So its something with Windows 10. Think Microsoft mentioned it in one of the current insider versions, so a fix is coming (sometime...)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon