Time to swap out for a new 950?

Yannie Boy

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Ok, so I've been having issues trying to update my phone for practically a month and some change via Windows Insider and normal means. Here's the break down.

ATT Branded 950 bought at Best buy, purchased off contract for Cricket
OS 10586.29

Now, I'm heavily invested in some games time wise, so a hard reset/wipe is not ideal or atleast would like to be avoided if at all possible. I do have an SD card that I can utilize if need be.

For the fun part, I have no issues with other handsets getting Windows Insider builds, regardless if they work or not. 920, 635, 930. No matter what, my 950 refuses to see anything beyond the .29 build.

Select Fast Ring and reboot? "Up to date"
Select Slow Ring and reboot? "Up to date"
Select Release Ring and reboot? "Up to date"
Select Production Ring and reboot? "Up to date"
Unenroll and reboot? "Up to date"

Hell, I've tried numerous combinations of enrolling, re-enrolling, uninstalling, Wifi Only, Data Only, Airplane mode with Wifi, different Wifi sources, wait an hour or more after rebooting for each ring. No matter what I do, what I choose, how long I wait. The phone just refuses to cooperate in any form or manner. The kicker? I've even tried some of the known registry hack methods and the phone just refuses to install the tools on the phone themselves.

I do have the phone under warranty, but I'm looking at all solutions before I step into that territory. Now, I'm not having any issues with the phone persay as this is now my daily driver, but I'm trying to fix the headache with trying to update now, for other updates down the line.

Is there any hope or do I need to get my warranty paper ready?

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Would you mind explaining why did you buy the AT&T variant off contact when you could have bought the unlocked version for the same price?

The AT&T versions are having some issues as posted all over the forums.

Yannie Boy

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Simple, I have a Credit Card for Best Buy that I used. That and the local MS store didn't have any in stock, they were sold out immediately from what I was told over the phone, and they weren't sure when a resupply would happen. To give a timeline, if it helps, I bought it the same weekend it came out.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Fair enough. I wish Microsoft would support some payment plans or at least tie up with companies like PayPal that provides users financing options.

ACF1

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Easy, return your ATT 950, buy Dual Sim 950 through Microsoft stores or online. I am assuming you are within the return window.

Yannie Boy

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Sooo...

I bit the bullet, did a backup, did a hard reset with WDRT, didn't restore from back up, installed only Windows Insider, Fast Ringed, was able to update, did another hard reset, restored from back up. Now not happy since I lost my progress, but I am updated on 14267.1004 and all is well so far.

Brandon Sobotta

Jan 4, 2016
Visit site
It really sucks losing game data, but sometimes worth it. I know the pain well.

If I was not experienced at flashing from android i would have bricked this 950 by now. In the first month I had every issue known under the sun with my 950 and got this puppy purring now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077