Restore Text Messages

Jopl

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I had to do a hard reset on my device because I upgraded to the Redstone release (which was terrible). Anyhow, I am back at .107 now and my text message history is gone. Any thoughts on how to get this back? I have played with the settings (on, off, any time, 1 month, 1 year etc...) and I have restarted my phone between settings... nothing seems to work. Is my only hope a hard restart?

Thanks!

ACF1

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
I went from Lumia 920 Win8.1 to Lumia 950 Win10m and after upgrading to non-insider .107 (no sim ) upon recent purchase, hard reset, and did fresh install, no text messages there. Then I did another hard reset after installing the sim, and chose to back up (from my previous L920 Win8.1). Only old text messages showed up, so I said what is the point of the backup, and did another hard reset, this time with another fresh install, no back up. To my surprise, all the recent text messages were there. What gives?, anyway, my point is I have no idea what controls the back up of text messages. I got lucky, I guess, I have no clue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans