Battery performance review of a Lumia 950?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

battery performance review of lumia 950

review of battery performance of lumia 950

InsGadget

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
Different people have different results. For me, it idles quite well (~1-2% per hour), but burns quickly during actual use, due to the power-hungry screen and some apps. One thing that lasts quite awhile is Bluetooth audio, I could easily get 15-20 hours of that, even without Battery Saver or airplane mode enabled. So anything with the screen off is good, screen on is bad.

Suedezu

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Build .122 coupled with the latest firmware allows my 950 to idle at 1-2%.

Normal usage for me (some web browsing, FB, 6tag, 1 h of running with Caledos Runner, 1-2 hours of talk time, a couple of photos taken) makes my 950 last until 8-9 PM each day with 20%-30% battery available.

My best battery endurance result was nearly 48h, but with light usage.

YKinase

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Cell signal impacts my battery life the most. At home, AT&T's LTE signal is usually 1-2 bars. At work where we have nodes in the building, reception is always full bars. At home my phone will drop ~7%/hr where at work it is ~3%/hr. FWIW.

Kyoshu

Feb 28, 2016
Visit site
Re: battery performance review of lumia 950

, i got my lumia 3 days ago, I think my battery life is suck, drop from 100 to 81% battery remaining in an hour while browsing and messaging, did anybody had this problem ?

J H4

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
Re: battery performance review of lumia 950

So ? It's normal for having 5 hours screen on time huh ? -_- I thought it can be last 24/48 hours like someone said in other threads haha

I think you're mixing standby time and screen-on time up... no phone on earth can last for more than a few hours with the screen on... 5 hours (yours) is very good.

DatUtter

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
I think for a 3000mAh battery, this is pretty bad. Standby is way to bad, im not even calling ppl , all i use my phone to is pretty much answer a few messages . And at night when im going to sleep the battery is around 40-45%. And i turned of most apps from running in the background. Even the iphone 6s plus could last 4-5 days of my use with a smaller battery. So i think this phone need some more optimization. My experience so far is not that good..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion