05-30-2017 11:25 AM
51 123
tools
    the screen does "come on".....the real problem is that it's not shown ....if that makes any sense

so, after you press the power button to light up the phone and you see nothing on the screen just act as if you would (swipe, stay in the best possible way so that the iris scanner recognizes you, etc.) - and wait a bit afterwards - and the phone will act accordingly and take you to the main screen.

still, haven't found the culprit yet for this.
    09-10-2016 02:52 AM
    did a hard reset couple of days back and seems like issue is fixed ...
    09-13-2016 12:49 PM
    I've tried disabling Windows hello, glance screen, detailed app, and different combinations of those under lock screen settings. This is frustrating as I've hard reset my phone using WDRT a couple times already in the past two months. My wife's 950 has the same issue and hers was hard reset a month ago. Both of us reported the issue in Feedback Hub but it's going to require each of us to not only upvote, but give your own information as well. Not in a new post, but in the same Feedback thread so the post count goes up. I see so many people trying to create new feedback for the same thing. Upvote it and if you have a better way of explaining it, post it as details.
    09-15-2016 07:30 AM
    if you have this problem you can try the fix that seems to be working for me, so far:

disable automatic brightness and set a fixed level that you like
    Last edited by TudorD; 09-22-2016 at 05:58 AM. Reason: still working....problem seems to be solved this way
    09-17-2016 01:26 PM
    Hi All,
    This issue was so frustrating from the day one. They say this stone that stone and redstone builds but nothing fixed this issue.

I gave my mobile for service couple of times and even though no luck. Finally device replacement also done, but issue still persists.

As TudorD said I have just disabled the Automatic Brightness now... And testing it... Thanks TudorD for your reply.

Good day.
    09-19-2016 02:53 AM
    Or trade it in for the 640xl, which functions flawlessly like a real flagship
    09-19-2016 02:58 AM
    ^^ coming from that wouldn't trade back :) even with this glitch....
    09-19-2016 03:06 AM
    I do own it :-)
    09-19-2016 03:26 AM
    Guys any resolution .. I am facing this very frequently from yesterday. Seems like every time I answer a call after that issue is coming
    10-01-2016 08:43 AM
    Guys any resolution .. I am facing this very frequently from yesterday. Seems like every time I answer a call after that issue is coming
    I was having the same problem. Seemed to become a problem with the most recent production build. I updated to release preview and it seems to have improved a lot.
    10-01-2016 09:09 AM
    I have the same issue after the 189 update.
    The phone didn't even wake up in incoming calls for 10secs.
    How the heck should I accept a call with black screen #@!^&%^

I disabled the double tap to wake.
    Did free some more GBs from the phone's memory.
    And several soft resets.
    Now it seems to work better, but not flawlessly.
    I was really ready to throw it out of a window...

My bro has a plain 640 and there are several 640xl owned by family and friends.
    They all work like a charm.
    The daily experience is the same or better than my 950! I mean it!
    The quality control is really poor in this wannabe flagship...

The updates fix a few, but create more bugs.
    MS screwed this up.
    10-02-2016 01:30 PM
    It's funny to hear about this. I was thinking that it may be something with the proximity sensor. I have one and so does my father in law, both AT&T branded. I did WDRT on both phones when AT&T introduced the Double Tap update. Before the update to Double Tap and 189 update, both phones had that issue. After WDRT, my phone works like a charm and his continues with the same problem. He had the 640 before this issue. Another guess could be the backup and restore but not sure. I'm making an appt. to go to the MS store in Cerritos this weekend to maybe have it exchanged before they are gone.
    10-04-2016 01:05 PM
    I disabled the automatic brightness after my latest message which some five days back and I didn't face the issue even once
    10-06-2016 11:24 PM
    I've noticed it today, so annoying...
    10-06-2016 11:45 PM
    So I made a phone call and I wanted to hang up and I kept trying to hit the one off button to wake up the phone, but the screen wouldn't wake up and of course it lead to a voicemail of me trying to hang up the phone.
    10-07-2016 12:35 AM
    Try cleaning your Proximity sensor (on L950 upper-right between the speaker and right edge) or if it is covered with some kind of protection, take it off.
    10-07-2016 10:45 AM
    I clean the screen daily and so does he. No screen protectors on either phone
    10-07-2016 03:46 PM
    I have been encountering this more and more recently. I was talking to my dad earlier today and the screen struggled to turn on so I could hang up. I had to hit the power button many times.
    10-08-2016 07:25 PM
    People......disable automatic brightness in your settings. This has worked for me and others. My experience has gone from unbearable to more predictable now this problem is no longer occuring. We all need to be letting Microsoft know about this. Terrible bug!
    Player Piano and sri kamal like this.
    10-09-2016 09:15 PM
    What do you mean by AU? I have the same problem, and it also applies for the camera button.
    11-07-2016 04:44 AM
    People......disable automatic brightness in your settings. This has worked for me and others. My experience has gone from unbearable to more predictable now this problem is no longer occuring. We all need to be letting Microsoft know about this. Terrible bug!
    yes I had the same problem on my GF's phone, disabled automatic brightness and the problem is GONE and working perfectly afterwards!
    11-07-2016 09:28 AM
    I've tried disabling Windows hello, glance screen, detailed app, and different combinations of those under lock screen settings. This is frustrating as I've hard reset my phone using WDRT a couple times already in the past two months. My wife's 950 has the same issue and hers was hard reset a month ago. Both of us reported the issue in Feedback Hub but it's going to require each of us to not only upvote, but give your own information as well. Not in a new post, but in the same Feedback thread so the post count goes up. I see so many people trying to create new feedback for the same thing. Upvote it and if you have a better way of explaining it, post it as details.
    Hi Jackie,

I faced the same situation. I feel that battery saver is causing this issue. Once, the battery goes below 20% phone goes into battery saver mode as per default settings. And this reduces the screen brightness, performance and causes response delays to conserve battery.

Solution for this is that you charge your phone until its above 50%, restart your phone and then you have to disable the battery saver. I did these, and it's perfectly normal again.

Once the phone enters battery saver mode, it stays on it even after a full charge until the phone is restarted. And the more you get into battery saver mode the frequent you experience it.

So, make sure battery saver mode is off forever and whenever it goes into battery saver mode don't forget to restart your phone and disable battery saver mode.

I hope this works for you!

Regards,
    Bipin
    02-02-2017 08:04 PM
    Greetings! I've been led to this thread by Web search because my phone's been acting like this for some time. I've been using double-tap to unlock and double-tap option to lock the phone because, as everybody on this thread, the phone was random as hell to react to power button - won't unlock unless pressed ~10 times. Locking it was also tricky - press power button and it would lock and then unlock instantly. Do it a couple of times - then in locks properly. But won't unlock later etc. Nightmare. It got me to the point where I thought - WTH, maybe it needs power button replaced... but then I got to this thread. I was going to try all the solutions offered here:
    1. Disable automatic brightness correction - didn't apply to me, as it was already disabled;
    2. Turn off Glance screen - that was one of the first things I did when I started using the device, so again - nothing to try.
    3. Charge the phone and disable the battery saving feature, then reboot the phone.

Well, I tried No.3, however it did absolutely nothing. As glitchy as it was before, and myself as hopeless. But then I started thinking out of the box - let the 950 work as Microsoft is expecting it to. And I actually turned back on the Glance screen. It might be too soon to judge, but the problem disappeared at the same moment I did that! What I will do next - re-enable battery saving and see how it goes with a couple of full charge cycles.

Man, only in comparison I understood how bullet proof, smooth and polished my 730 was...
    05-27-2017 11:14 AM
    No surprise there, L730 is a Nokia phone, not an MS contraption :)
    05-27-2017 12:46 PM
    on mine, the lock screen goes straight black, it still respond to touch tho
    05-28-2017 12:50 AM
51 123